Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Be Vigilant! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be Vigilant! (507 Views)

Be Vigilant / Be Vigilant! / Be Sober, Be Vigilant (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be Vigilant! by FreshGreen: 10:16am On Apr 29, 2015
BE VIGILANT!
1 Peter 5:8, “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.”

I woke up last night to pray as supposed, but my eyes were heavy and not clear of the sleep so I started running slowly around in the room as I was praying. Then I felt relieved of the sleep, but not too long as I was praying I began to feel asleep again....

Knowing fully well that if I should seat down or lie down I would sleep off, I began the exercise again in the room as I continued praying. After about 1hour my eyes were cleared off the sleep and I felt I could kneel down in front of a chair; as I knelt down praying, not too long I was dozing again, I had to resume jumping around till I almost finished the prayer. I learn a lesson from the incident: Vigilance till the end is very important in Christian race.

After you surrender your life to Jesus, you began the race, overcoming sin, self and satanic devices through the grace of God; you need to continue to be vigilant every time without relaxing because Satan never relaxes on you. When somebody overcomes sin of sexual immorality, Satan will introduce masturbation as if that does not matter.

When you stop fighting, then Satan may bring anger which you must still overcome. When you overcome malice, the devil may bring gossip, after you have overcome telling lies, Satan may bring pretending habit. When you overcome a worldly lifestyle, Satan will introduce another. If care is not taken, you may over look the later and think you are okay.

That is the reason we must be vigilant every time. Many serious, devoted Christians and ministers today are trapped by Satan with little sins which we think do not matter. We may focus on overcoming big sins and claim to be holy, but sins like bitterness, envy, jealousy; gossip, rancor, subtle pride, selfishness, etc may not take our attention except we are very vigilant. God does not demand our 99% righteousness but 100%.

How can we be vigilant?
(1) WATCHFULNESS. We must be watchful every time, every moment over our thoughts, tongues, temper and actions; and ready to heed to correction immediately when the Holy Spirit corrects us.

(2) PRAYER. Daily prayer is very important. We can’t live fervent Christian life without fervent prayer life. In our prayer we confess our weaknesses to God, ask His grace and strength to overcome them. For example, if you want to spend 30 minutes to pray after praises, you should spend at least 20mins to pray on your spiritual life for grace and strength everyday. We should daily pray that God should search us and sanctify us. When you discover an ungodly habit or thought creeping in, take it to God in prayer to be purified.

(3) BIBLE READING. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16, 17. One of the major purposes of Bible reading is to be corrected and cleansed by the Word of God. God’s Word is a light.

So, you see the importance of daily personal devotion of prayer and Bible reading? Don’t relax in your Christian life in the name of being matured Christian and then fall short at the end. I better see myself as a baby Christian and serving God with trembling and carefulness than to relent in the name of being a matured Christian. No room to celebrate victory in Christian race until we get to heaven, Satan does not rest or relent on every serious Christian, he always devising, and so we must always be vigilant! Christian life is not a bed of roses and relaxing in prosperity and convenience, but it’s a batter, a race, a wrestling. But God is there to aid and assist unto the end in Jesus name!

“But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.” 1 Peter 5:10

This message is from Revelation of Truth Evangelical Ministries, RTEM. If you want to surrender your life to Jesus Christ and become an OVERCOMER, please click on this link and read http://www.facebook.com/notes/revelation-of-truth-evangelical-ministries-rtem/how-can-i-be-saved/270674586372252

You can also contact us on email or phone for prayer, counsel or if you need biblical enlightenment on personal issues:
This message is from Revelation of Truth Evangelical Ministries, RTEM
Our Email: rtemoutreaches@yahoo.com
Our Tel: (+234) (0)803 924 9751, (0)705 937 3351, (0)802 578 7942.
Our website: www.rtemoutreach.org

Our Facebook page, you can like our page for daily article on your wall, please click on this link and "like", then click on the "liked" and add to "interest list"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Revelation-of-Truth-Evangelical-Ministries-RTEM/244086502364394

If you will like to be receiving our weekly articles by email, please, click on our website and subscribe for daily Christian articles www.rtemoutreach.org

If you want to read other Christian articles and Bible Studies on several other topics from this ministry, you can please click on this link and see several topics.
http://www./468590419840054/files/ You can join to receive new topic.

(1) (Reply)

Quit Using JESUS CHRIST As Your Spare Tyre!!! (must Read) / Pastors And Wives Appreciation Day: Your Views / How Do You Feel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.