Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,136 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:38 AM

Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? (8250 Views)

Poll: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap?

KEL: 14% (12 votes)
B.O.U.Q.U.I: 9% (8 votes)
BLAISE: 43% (37 votes)
SASHA: 30% (26 votes)
KEMISTRY: 2% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song / What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? / Best Nigerian Rap Video? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by khanye(m): 5:05pm On Feb 03, 2009
The female rappers in nigeria just started taking there roles seriously, that is as nigerian female rappers. After i heard and saw the video of jimmy jat's too much track, that featured bouqui, sahsa, blaise and kemistry, i knew the female rappers in nigeria mean business. All of them were on point, lyrically, and delivered with mad skills.

The four are the most prominent female rappers right now, but i would say the song would have been complete with the addition of kel, the girl is skilled. Although she just started gaining some buzz last year, you can almost feel like she has been around for a while. I first heard her on the ill bliss joint, you go wound o, and she did her thing. Then she came with her own single, wa wa Alright, and people just started really feeling her. she's also a fine girl wink

Bouqui is okay, but she is like a tomboy, sasha na big girl (rolling with dem W.A.F and Mo'Hit CRew), Kemistry. . . . . . i do not want to say anything. Blaise is just a simple chick, like the girl next door grin. So kel is the complete package.

Enough talk on looks, lets go to skills, who is the must skilled? Who deserves the crown? I would tell you who is wearing the crown right now, and i would give you reason. Bouqui is cool, but not to extra-ordinary, kemistry is skilled, at least she proved it on the jimmy song, but she aint got enough on her resume to claim the crown. Kel, as i said before is a complete package, but i do not want to say that her rap is stereo-type, untill i hear more from her.

Blaise, now that is a skilled rapper, regardless of sex, i would say she is the Nigerian nas, seriously, she is deep. Even on the nokia commercial that is aired on radio, she was so deep. But i would have to give the crown to Sasha, at least until somone snatches it from her.

So, I don't know who to choose between them. It's kinda hard; I like all of them. So my peeps the ball is in your court please help me choose . . . . . . .
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by MojiEsther(f): 5:14pm On Feb 03, 2009
For me, KEL is it!
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by pheesayor(m): 5:20pm On Feb 03, 2009
I'll suggest you put up a poll for result clarification.

To me it's Blaise, as you said, regardless of her gender, she spits better than even some male rappers. Dont forget she murdered the rest on the Jimmy Jatt song. She just too much.

Even Kemkistry admitted it on air.
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by Sauron1: 5:37pm On Feb 03, 2009
Can't choose between KEL and Bouqui.
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by kaypumpin2(m): 6:03pm On Feb 03, 2009
Blaise without a shade of doubt.

Nice one khanye cool
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by kaydee(m): 6:08pm On Feb 03, 2009
If after listening to that track,U still dunno who the queen is,then listen all over again.Blaise is untouchable.She spits fire
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by badman(m): 6:59pm On Feb 03, 2009
Blaise
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by ladykool(f): 7:03pm On Feb 03, 2009
honestly, i dont even know sum of those artist but i have listened to sasha and i will say she is really good. i like her
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by Shaz(f): 7:04pm On Feb 03, 2009
I think it's Bouqui
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by chamotex(m): 7:06pm On Feb 03, 2009
Bouqui or Blaise.

I thought Blaise ripped it on that Jimmy Jatt track. Good to see the females are stepping up.

I'd been feeling Sasha since back in the dayz with the Trybesmen
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by Sauron1: 7:09pm On Feb 03, 2009
Shaz:

I think it's Bouqui

I heard some of Bouqui's old tracks(when she was still gangstar). . . . . .The babe is dope.
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by Shaz(f): 7:09pm On Feb 03, 2009
chamotex:

Bouqui or Blaise.

I thought Blaise ripped it on that Jimmy Jatt track. Good to see the females are stepping up.

I'd been feeling Sasha since back in the dayz with the Trybesmen

Pardon me but Sasha's bars seem bare elementary. . like kiddie stuff.
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by wurdz: 7:23pm On Feb 03, 2009
wIdawt doubt, kel or blaise.would like to see both of them on a
track
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by chamotex(m): 7:34pm On Feb 03, 2009
Shaz:

I meant like back in the dayz with the Trybesmen. She was the first recognizable female MC that came on the scene that took most people by surprise.
I guess I liked her cuzz of the witty lines the Trybes used to drop back then.
Haven't really listened to any of her Solo materials, just a couple here and there.

But Bouqui and Blaise are definitely talented, no doubt.
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by Shaz(f): 7:35pm On Feb 03, 2009
chamotex:

I meant like back in the dayz with the Trybesmen. She was the first recognizable female MC that came on the scene that took most people by surprise.
I guess I liked her cuzz of the witty lines the Trybes used to drop back then.
Haven't really listened to any of her Solo materials, just a couple here and there.

But Bouqui and Blaise are definitely talented, no doubt.

oh, okies smiley
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by kaypumpin2(m): 7:35pm On Feb 03, 2009
Sasha was good cos she was the only lady rapper that was well known in the ind. then.I have heard Blaise spat on Freestyle's bragging right and she killed it.
Kel is comin up and i am sure she will be a force to reckon with soonest.
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by chamotex(m): 7:45pm On Feb 03, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Sasha was good cos she was the only lady rapper that was well known in the ind. then.I have heard Blaise spat on Freestyle's bragging right and she killed it.
Kel is comin up and i am sure she will be a force to reckon with soonest.

TRUE!
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by eldee(m): 8:06pm On Feb 03, 2009
Shaz:

Her strong point is her delivery . . . it doesn't hit like punchlines from the others
It captivates you, one can't help but admit that she's talented in that aspect
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by Taito007(m): 8:36pm On Feb 03, 2009
I prefer Sasha any day any time. But Kel is also good, I fell inlove with her immediately I heard her single (wa wa alright). She shud wait for her turn though. Bougui is also good, dont know much about blaise (is she the lady that rapped in trybesmen shake that). Infact they all too much.
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by badman(m): 8:59pm On Feb 03, 2009
sasha is just plain nothin extra ordinary about her lines and delivery. best would be one of bouqui blaise and kels
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by Taito007(m): 9:10pm On Feb 03, 2009
I just watched the jimmy jat video, i think (Nigeria's best kept secret) Kemistry performed better. Didnt mention her at first, but she is also tight. Blaise was hot indeed but sasha is still the best, gba be.
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by Sauron1: 9:22pm On Feb 03, 2009
eldee:

Her strong point is her delivery . . . it doesn't hit like punchlines from the others
It captivates you, one can't help but admit that she's talented in that aspect

She has a major flaw with her lipsy thingo.
I think she has a fat tongue which makes her talk in one kinda way.
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by earTHMama: 9:24pm On Feb 03, 2009
[size=16pt]KEL[/size] all the way.
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by timmyoj(m): 9:29pm On Feb 03, 2009
I think BLAISE is the best, i heard her first on "the definition" ft. freestyle. the song was no. 1 on top7 for 6 weeks. She murdered evryother in the jimmy jatt track.After her should be bouqui b4 sasha, though they all sound like their mentors, lil kim, eve, , they ok anyway, at least they re beta dan many nigerian self-acclaimed rappers like sky-b.
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by Pinkrosey(f): 9:38pm On Feb 03, 2009
Weird MC
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by lalaboi(m): 9:45pm On Feb 03, 2009
Weird MC?

Far from ir mahn,

The competition is between Kel BOuqui and blaise

I will disregard Kel for now. . . .She stil up comin. . . No album yet. . . .

Blaise na d main ting. . . . .Bouqui is equally the main ting. . . .

Sasha is completely out of it!

New gal Naira. . . .Heard she's making waves. . .not heard her songs yet. . .
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by tosinaded(m): 10:00pm On Feb 03, 2009
lalaboi:

I will disregard Kel for now. . . .She stil up comin. . . No album yet. . . .

Blaise na d main ting
. . . . .

like blaise also has an album undecided
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by lalaboi(m): 10:16pm On Feb 03, 2009
Doesnt she?

Anyway, she's had more songs out than kel tongue
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by YHUsTLER(m): 10:19pm On Feb 03, 2009
KEL [color=#006600][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Feb 03, 2009
Wasn't very impressed with Kel's song 'wa wa alright', the lyrics seemed too average, anyway, she's trying sha

As for the QUEEN, not sure for now tongue
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by MrCrackles(m): 10:33pm On Feb 03, 2009
I am coy on this topic!
Re: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? by Sauron1: 10:41pm On Feb 03, 2009
ibkaye:

Wasn't very impressed with Kel's song 'wa wa alright', the lyrics seemed too average, anyway, she's trying sha

As for the QUEEN, not sure for now tongue

Ibkaye. . . . .I just won the lottery(Euromillion) and i want to take you to the studio to drop rhymes.
What do u think??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2face Back In Plantation Boys Days / Kayswitch Ft. D'banj - Obimo (Video) / Worst Rap Lyrics Of All-time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.