Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

What are The Criteria For Closing A Thread On Nairaland ? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What are The Criteria For Closing A Thread On Nairaland ? (2027 Views)

A Thread For Nigerian Cloud Engineers - Prospective And Practising / Lets Start A Thread For Solving Problems From Projecteuler.net / Thread On Java EE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What are The Criteria For Closing A Thread On Nairaland ? by kudaisi(m): 12:42pm On Apr 29, 2015
It seems to me that a little criticism of Nairaland is what earns a thread "Closed Thread". Or I'm i missing something ? Are there some terms of agreement I haven't read ? Can someone please enlighten me. Why are these threads closed? https://www.nairaland.com/1135108/missing-nairaland-functions and https://www.nairaland.com/2282946/nl-dream

I mean what could be wrong in wanting a syntax highlighter for the programming section of a forum where more than 50% of entries are codes ?
Have you tried to copy and paste a python code from this forum before? I bet it won't run on your computer unless you know what you are doing (Thanks to all the spacing syntax the python programmers chose to live by and the forum that refused to give us a code syntax highlighter and formatter). *kmt*

2 Likes

Re: What are The Criteria For Closing A Thread On Nairaland ? by xtremrules(m): 7:26am On Apr 30, 2015
Hi bro, I couldn't help but wonder just as you are.

2 Likes

Re: What are The Criteria For Closing A Thread On Nairaland ? by WhiZTiM(m): 1:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
If this thread is not closed, somebody will trek from Sokoto to Calabar smiley

Quips aside,
I didn't read the threads, but I know NL is somebody's business. So, the proprietor may choose to be "undemocratic in our purview" at any point in time. No questions.

The proprietor, seun, I believe, has so much on his desk daily, he can't and is not expected to spend much time trying work this out with everyone...
. . . . Quite frankly, ask the moderators of this section who are practically doing nothing to make it engaging. They rarely post a topic or comment. And that is simply a very poor attitude; No matter how much "amateur" most posts are.
Re: What are The Criteria For Closing A Thread On Nairaland ? by kudaisi(m): 2:12pm On Apr 30, 2015
LOL @
WhiZTiM:
If this thread is not closed, somebody will trek from Sokoto to Calabar smiley
Re: What are The Criteria For Closing A Thread On Nairaland ? by Nobody: 10:28am On May 01, 2015
I guess maybe because the thread was old.
Re: What are The Criteria For Closing A Thread On Nairaland ? by olyjosh(m): 12:34pm On May 01, 2015
@Kudaisi, you may be bann for 50years for posting this. I guess somebody shouldn't start treaking yet from sokoto, cause moderator still dey sleep now, e never see this post otherwise na 10 minutes to Calaba na en you go see #THREAD CLOSED
Re: What are The Criteria For Closing A Thread On Nairaland ? by abdul01(m): 5:04pm On May 01, 2015
yes oh, oga kudaisi, na so we see am oh. i just thank God say them no ban me. I guess the msg oga seun is trying to pass is that we should just mind our bizness and use the site like every other Nairalander. Anyway, seun na still my guy sha, grin, how i wish say i sabi how to hack, i 4 try do am strong thing. cool shocked
Re: What are The Criteria For Closing A Thread On Nairaland ? by abdul01(m): 5:17pm On May 01, 2015
WhiZTiM:

The proprietor, seun, I believe, has so much on his desk daily, he can't and is not expected to spend much time trying work this out with everyone...

If he has so much on his desk, why not hire people, even if it will mean hiring foreigners, just to get the job done, at least i'm aware the money is there, and if there isn't, then i'm sure there are 100s of (angel) investors lining up to pour money into NL. Well, d best is for us to just be looking and wish him well.

But generally speaking, at least i feel he should carry us along(on the progress of NL) and jettison all these 9ja mentality, at least if u go to quora and other tech forums u'll see different threads where adam d'angelo, jimmy wales and co are answering questions about the state of their different projects, u would even see threads detailing the different technologies used in running their stacks and the likes, but here in 9ja it's a different story.

1 Like

Re: What are The Criteria For Closing A Thread On Nairaland ? by jembalord: 2:13pm On Aug 05, 2018
It will be good if this forum can release public API routes
Re: What are The Criteria For Closing A Thread On Nairaland ? by jembalord: 2:20pm On Aug 05, 2018
Re: What are The Criteria For Closing A Thread On Nairaland ? by jembalord: 2:22pm On Aug 05, 2018
Re: What are The Criteria For Closing A Thread On Nairaland ? by jembalord: 2:25pm On Aug 05, 2018
Re: What are The Criteria For Closing A Thread On Nairaland ? by okwabayi(m): 2:22am On Oct 01, 2018
abdul01:

If he has so much on his desk, why not hire people, even if it will mean hiring foreigners, just to get the job done, at least i'm aware the money is there, and if there isn't, then i'm sure there are 100s of (angel) investors lining up to pour money into NL. Well, d best is for us to just be looking and wish him well.

But generally speaking, at least i feel he should carry us along(on the progress of NL) and jettison all these 9ja mentality, at least if u go to quora and other tech forums u'll see different threads where adam d'angelo, jimmy wales and co are answering questions about the state of their different projects, u would even see threads detailing the different technologies used in running their stacks and the likes, but here in 9ja it's a different story.
Nobody especially here in Nigeria wants competitors in their line of business, hence trade secrets are kept secrets.
Re: What are The Criteria For Closing A Thread On Nairaland ? by okwabayi(m): 2:23am On Oct 01, 2018
I've learned to stop worrying about things of this sort and use this forum for what it is, a chat forum.

(1) (Reply)

What you need to know about Full Stack Web Development / C/C++ Doctor: Get Help In Writing C/C++ Programs / Learn PHP From Me For Free On Youtube!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.