Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

An Ode To ' Kazeem' - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / An Ode To ' Kazeem' (1832 Views)

My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil / Inside Kazeem's Dictionary: Nicknames For Car Parts / Passenger Bus Falls Into Lagoon Along Ijebu Ode-ore Expressway (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Ode To ' Kazeem' by BTT(m): 4:36pm On Apr 29, 2015
You told my happy very old man
"It must be Peugeot or all of PAN! "
So he hurriedly bought them both.

You told my poor little Uncle
"Beatles that hot ain't that cool"
You 'worked' a radiator to the booth.

And so you edged Sam's Volvo cab
"Injection systems are too drab"
Carburetor you slapped on it.

Thanks so much for the v6 phobe
You told Auntie it's just a robe
"All engines must 4 plugs be!"
Poor aged tired she
She sold her car and bought a can

"It must be Japanese or give a bolt"
You told while my knees revolt
So I took a ship and here I am.
Looking lost and hope I am.

Wasn't it you who changed my rad?
"Single cells are bad and mad!
Thermostats are sad and fried,
Fans must run on stop and start
Naija is hotter than Hell I bet my wad"

You ripped my dough and raped my fox
"The manufacturer didn't think of folks"
The manual is in Spanish and written by Jews
So I stand starring in awe
How you simply know it all.

Kazeem, who am I to hold a view!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:46pm On Apr 29, 2015
This kazeem thing is getting out of hand, without them 99 percent of you will be grounded.

Good work from qualified technicians does not come cheap, and most of you are not ready to pay those kind of bills. Leave kazeem alone!!

If you have a problem try toyota, peugeot, mercerdes.......... dealerships let's see if you can take ur tokumbor cars there.

Kazeem has tried instead of opening multiple threads try and educate them a bit, cause at the end of the day you were standing there when your thermostat was removed and you did nothing.

10 Likes

Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by BTT(m): 4:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
This kazeem thing is getting out of hand, without them 99 percent of you will be grounded.

Good work from qualified technicians does not come cheap, and most of you are not ready to pay those kind of bills. Leave kazeem alone!!

If you have a problem try toyota, peugeot, mercerdes.......... dealerships let's see if you can take ur tokumbor cars there.

Kazeem has tried instead of opening multiple threads try and educate them a bit, cause at the end of the day you were standing there when your thermostat was removed and you did nothing.

Of course GAZZUZZ.

But that won't stop our fun.

And please don't spoil the humor.
Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by nurey(m): 7:48pm On Apr 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Gazzuzz defending kazeem, have you been hacked by autosbay or compromised by econelectronics. Lol
Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:55pm On Apr 29, 2015
nurey:

Gazzuzz defending kazeem, have you been hacked by autosbay or compromised by econelectronics. Lol

Where would you be without the roadside mechanic? He's a very useful vital tool and you all use him so let's stop the derogatory remarks. Correct him instead. The original kazeem now re-installs thermostats and connects fans back to factory specs.
Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:59pm On Apr 29, 2015
Actually this kazeem thing has gone viral! I was at a friends place (jovids) and he was talking abt a customer that complained abt her shocks and when they were removed a lot of abnormalities were found nd she was notified and her reaction was "ALL THESE KAZEEMS NO GO KILL PERSON" grin

1 Like

Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by abatically(m): 8:55pm On Apr 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Oga gazzuz, nice one. But come to think of it, weren't u the one that invented the name KAZEEM?

2 Likes

Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by DGD1(m): 9:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
abatically:

Oga gazzuz, nice one. But come to think of it, weren't u the one that invented the name KAZEEM?

lolz, I remember vividly
but kazeem don upgrade o especially those who mean biz
Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by billy187(m): 9:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Where would you be without the roadside mechanic? He's a very useful vital tool and you all use him so let's stop the derogatory remarks. Correct him instead. The original kazeem now re-installs thermostats and connects fans back to factory specs.

Not every roadside mech is a 'kazeem' per say........I think some actually go out of their way to stay up with the times.....just as much; 'kazeem' can pretty much exist in a fancyass mech shop-ive witnessed kazeems over there with fancy .embossed overalls that dont know crap.

Nyc writeup OP! you gotta love that ending tho. grin

1 Like

Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by Nobody: 2:55am On Apr 30, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Well done.

I don't blame Kazeem as much as I blame car owners who are not savvy with their cars.

Even here in the US, I will never take my car into a shop to work on it if I cannot watch them do the work.

Buy a good car (Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, Mitsubishi) join a forum, read the manual and get acquainted with your car and you should be fine.

Buy your parts and just have it replaced.

I agree that they do serve a purpose.

1 Like

Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by ogawisdom(m): 8:13am On May 01, 2015
Actually we shld find a way to complement these kazeens knowledge with ours and stop this everyday castigating of kazeen bc they r very impt to most of us.

Without kazeens most of us will nt b running our car bc we may nt afford expert services. There r a good number of things dt good kazeens do excellently n we shld appreciate them for it.

I won't b running my toyota carina e without them kazeens, who implement d knowledge I acquire frm here.

Some of us here can't tighten a wheel nut n they won't let kazeen b.

Kazeens r nt as bad as we make them look, I had brake binding d other day n took it to them d way he solved d problem by flushing my master was outstanding n guess wat he collected only 2.5k if na expert he would ve put a big hole in my pocket.

Drop ur good testimonies abt our kazeens
#saynotocastigatingourmechanics

1 Like

Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by dokilolo: 1:12pm On May 01, 2015
ogawisdom:
Actually we shld find a way to complement these kazeens knowledge with ours and stop this everyday castigating of kazeen bc they r very impt to most of us.
Without kazeens most of us will nt b running our car bc we may nt afford expert services. There r a good number of things dt good kazeens do excellently n we shld appreciate them for it.
I won't b running my toyota carina e without them kazeens, who implement d knowledge I acquire frm here.
Some of us here can't tighten a wheel nut n they won't let kazeen b.
Kazeens r nt as bad as we make them look, I had brake binding d other day n took it to them d way he solved d problem by flushing my master was outstanding n guess wat he collected only 2.5k if na expert he would ve put a big hole in my pocket.
Drop ur good testimonies abt our kazeens
#saynotocastigatingourmechanics
agree wit u chief,
kazeems av bn saving our ride since b4 we had cartalk......only problem is, rides moved on nd kazeems dnt.but we shldnt jst view dem as out 2 ruin our vehicles (though dey at times do 4rm ignorance)
I av cultivated d habit of teaching any kazeem I meet 2 improve dia knowledge base.
av taught a road side mech bout importance of thermostat ...though it took time b4 he blived me, bt naw he fixes thermos bak 4 customers nd tels dem its a new fix 2 improve fuel consumption. .....wit result! !
naw he advises people 2 use 5w-20/30 on dia carz.....he even got a marketer 2 stock coastal 5w-30 wich he naw refers customers 2 4 purchase.
he naw reads dipstick 4 ryte kind of trans oil....he uses dw-1 nd t4 as appropriate naw.
am sure he is still kazeem in som ways bt KUDOS 2 him 4 embracing CHANGE! !.

1 Like

Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by abatically(m): 1:46pm On May 01, 2015
Kazeem this kazeem that. In reality most of the so called reputable shops are kazeems in corporate clothing, including the popular automedics. I had an experience last year.

My 2005 Honda accord had a few problems sometines last year, the engine was vibrating, why engine was shorting oil and the car takes a longer time to accelerate. I took it to one reputable shop in oregun. First they charged me 10,000 naira for scan( I have my own scanner and have already pulled out some codes but they insisted they must use their own scanner). After the 10k, they gave me a long list , from abs pump, abs sensors, baro sensor throttle position sensor, mass air flow sensor, ecu, etc etc. The total bill was 390,000 (yes, three hundred and ninety thousand naira). I asked them will that stop the engine shorting oil, they said NO. That they will first solve all that and then later drop the engine and that would be another bill entirely which would cost another 300k.

I just kukuma told them I'll be back, took my car to my kazeem, bought a tokunbo engine for 180k and throttle position sensor for 25k and car came back to life. The car has been wonderful since then, I spent about 220k fixing what a 'reputable shop' wanted to fix for 700k plus. Now who is the real kazeem here?

We are too quick to blame kazeem when it is obvious we all need them. How many people can dare take their cars to Honda place or coscharis or Toyota? The truth is most of these reputable shops don't know what they are doing. What they do is throw every parts at ur car, (both faulty and good ones), at the end they know one of the parts will solve the problem rather than actually taking time to trace a problem. and they end up charging exorbitant fees. Oh and at the end they still want to charge me 10k for servicing (changing of oil and filter), and guess which oil they use? Mobil super xhp 20w50 for a 2005 Honda accord. Who's is the real kazeem here? These are cooperate kazeems.

Hit like if u think kazeems are the reason most of us could drive our cars.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by dokilolo: 3:31pm On May 01, 2015
I remember a top auto mech who writes 4 a popular newspaper on sundays once said dt d best fluid in ur radiator is water nd nt coolant..........shey dt 1 no pass kazeem? ...cos even kazeem go recommend Abro coolant..

1 Like

Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by Piyke: 3:32pm On May 01, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Thanks Gazzuzz for this. For me, all roadside mechanics are not Kazeem's. I still have a mechanic I go to when things go outside my DIY scope, I don't refer to him as Kazeem because he's quite knowledgeable and willing to learn new things. I think the real definition of a Kaz.eem is a mechanic who embraces those terrible fixes, insists on them and isn't willing to take advice based on sound manufacturer/auto engineering recommendations.
There's need for a distinction in my opinion.
Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by disloman(m): 7:20am On May 02, 2015
abatically:
Kazeem this kazeem that. In reality most of the so called reputable shops are kazeems in corporate clothing, including the popular automedics. I had an experience last year.

My 2005 Honda accord had a few problems sometines last year, the engine was vibrating, why engine was shorting oil and the car takes a longer time to accelerate. I took it to one reputable shop in oregun. First they charged me 10,000 naira for scan( I have my own scanner and have already pulled out some codes but they insisted they must use their own scanner). After the 10k, they gave me a long list , from abs pump, abs sensors, baro sensor throttle position sensor, mass air flow sensor, ecu, etc etc. The total bill was 390,000 (yes, three hundred and ninety thousand naira). I asked them will that stop the engine shorting oil, they said NO. That they will first solve all that and then later drop the engine and that would be another bill entirely which would cost another 300k.

I just kukuma told them I'll be back, took my car to my kazeem, bought a tokunbo engine for 180k and throttle position sensor for 25k and car came back to life. The car has been wonderful since then, I spent about 220k fixing what a 'reputable shop' wanted to fix for 700k plus. Now who is the real kazeem here?

We are too quick to blame kazeem when it is obvious we all need them. How many people can dare take their cars to Honda place or coscharis or Toyota? The truth is most of these reputable shops don't know what they are doing. What they do is throw every parts at ur car, (both faulty and good ones), at the end they know one of the parts will solve the problem rather than actually taking time to trace a problem. and they end up charging exorbitant fees. Oh and at the end they still want to charge me 10k for servicing (changing of oil and filter), and guess which oil they use? Mobil super xhp 20w50 for a 2005 Honda accord. Who's is the real kazeem here? These are cooperate kazeems.

The Honda Place Apapa is an exception.Our fee might be much but our works speak.
Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by idu1(m): 10:28pm On May 02, 2015
And kazeem is beautiful name of male muslim.
You should stop this shit of calling road side mechanics kazeems....
They are still the one repairing 80% of cars in lagos.....
Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by chucky234(m): 10:49pm On May 02, 2015
abatically:

Hmmm so you be Honda guy
Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by chucky234(m): 10:50pm On May 02, 2015
disloman:
The Honda Place Apapa is an exception.Our fee might be much but our works speak.
Along Burma Road just Opposite UBA right ?
Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by abatically(m): 11:55pm On May 02, 2015
chucky234:
Hmmm so you be Honda guy

I be confirm Honda guy. I would choose a civic over a corolla, accord over a Camry (any day). But I would choose a Lexus Rx over an acura MDX. Shey make we start?
Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by disloman(m): 3:42am On May 03, 2015
chucky234:
Along Burma Road just Opposite UBA right ?
U right.Any experience there?
Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by chucky234(m): 6:41am On May 03, 2015
disloman:
U right.Any experience there?
Yea taken my accord there for repairs in the past, they are competent and accommodating.
Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by chucky234(m): 6:42am On May 03, 2015
abatically:

I be confirm Honda guy. I would choose a civic over a corolla, accord over a Camry (any day). But I would choose a Lexus Rx over an acura MDX. Shey make we start?
You don't know much about Honda and that beast engraved "MDX", RX ko Lexus ni.
Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by disloman(m): 7:29am On May 03, 2015
chucky234:
Yea taken my accord there for repairs in the past, they are competent and accommodating.
Thank u 4 that comment.We are not perfect but will always make our customers happy.
Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by abatically(m): 9:38am On May 03, 2015
chucky234:
You don't know much about Honda and that beast engraved "MDX", RX ko Lexus ni.

Of course I do. I don't like the shape of the mdx especially the first gen (2000-2006). It has the body of a full class but features of a mid class. Prefer the Rx design year vs year.
Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by chucky234(m): 9:42am On May 03, 2015
abatically:

Of course I do. I don't like the shape of the mdx especially the first gen (2000-2006). It has the body of a full class but features of a mid class. Prefer the Rx design year vs year.
What features are we talking about here, MDX tech above RX bro.
The difference in size of both car is minimal, check for yourself.
MDX is rated as a special purpose SUV while RX is just a Camry station wagon.
Re: An Ode To ' Kazeem' by abatically(m): 10:28am On May 03, 2015
chucky234:
What features are we talking about here, MDX tech above RX bro.
The difference in size of both car is minimal, check for yourself.
MDX is rated as a special purpose SUV while RX is just a Camry station wagon.

Personal preference bro. I've driven both cars, but just because I like Honda doesn't mean I have to like all their cars. I prefer the Rx. No denying the latest MDX looks a lot better, but so does the latest Rx.

Oh. And I hate that the navigation screen of first generation MDX only works for navigation and no media support. For nigeria that screen us useless, it Its as good as not being there. The newer models have 2 screens which is an improvement but can also be complicated.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tin-Can Cleared 2007 Toyota 4-runner For Sale For #4m (Negotiabl / I Need Your Opinion On Lexus GS430 2006 / Resurs Engine Restorer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.