Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. (2636 Views)

Undecided Over Two Jobs Offers!!! Please Advice / How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. / I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by felixchip(m): 4:42pm On Apr 29, 2015
I have a Job.
I started on the 1st of April.
And, according to the firm, you'll have to give 'em one month notice before leaving or forfeit your salary.
The problem is, this firm is not what I thought it was. The job does not fit into my field of profession. That not withstanding, I like it.

But, just yesterday, I saw an opening and got across to the hour of the firm, and I was invited over for an interview. The supposed salary is three times better than my present one. And, it's an agency that'll open me up to some challenges.

I thought of going for the interview next week when I must have collected this month's salary, but they said they can't guarantee if the position will still be open by next week. I'm stuck, guys.
I need your opinions.

Thanks.
Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2015
felixchip:
I have a Job.
I started on the 1st of April.
And, according to the firm, you'll have to give 'em one month notice before leaving or forfeit your salary.
The problem is, this firm is not what I thought it was. The job does not fit into my field of profession. That not withstanding, I like it.

But, just yesterday, I saw an opening and got across to the hour of the firm, and I was invited over for an interview. The supposed salary is three times better than my present one. And, it's an agency that'll open me up to some challenges.

I thought of going for the interview next week when I must have collected this month's salary, but they said they can't guarantee if the position will still be open by next week. I'm stuck, guys.
I need your opinions.

Thanks.
One question, are you in for career or money?
Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by felixchip(m): 5:06pm On Apr 29, 2015
GoldenDr:

Career.
When I went interview for my present Job, they asked if I was good at Product packaging. I thought it was going to be a job that'll set me in a position that'll enhance my knowledge and exposition in the field. But, the reverse is the case.

All I do is design burial posters.
Business flex. Those things are in no way what I expected.
Even as a freelancer, I do more challenging and well paid jobs compared to this one.

But, a good pay is never a bad option.

1 Like

Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by stepo707: 5:13pm On Apr 29, 2015
felixchip:

Career.
When I went interview for my present Job, they asked if I was good at Product packaging. I thought it was going to be a job that'll set me in a position that'll enhance my knowledge and exposition in the field. But, the reverse is the case.

All I do is design burial posters.
Business flex. Those things are in no way what I expected.
Even as a freelancer, I do more challenging and well paid jobs compared to this one.

But, a good pay is never a bad option.
but this month is ending tommorrow so i dont see how you will forfeit your salary to them.no gree for them oh
Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by felixchip(m): 5:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
stepo707:

but this month is ending tommorrow so i dont see how you will forfeit your salary to them.no gree for them oh

I was thinking of going for the interview on friday. So that this month will just pass by without any wahalas. Like not coming to work.
Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
How sure are you that this second Coy will give you the Job?
Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by felixchip(m): 7:07pm On Apr 29, 2015
doctorken:
How sure are you that this second Coy will give you the Job?

It's not guaranteed.
But, I have a 80% assurance of getting it.
Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 29, 2015
felixchip:

It's not guaranteed.
But, I have a 80% assurance of getting it.
My advice is don't let anyone in the place you are working now to know about this other opening. On the day of the I interview call in sick or take a casual leave for that day. Go for the interview,get back to work. If the company said you should resume then hopefully you would have even collected your salary.

1 Like

Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
So what are you saying in essence? They want you to start work immediately or they want the interview held tomorrow?

Why not schedule the interview for Friday? Since Friday begins another month. ..

All the best. ..
Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by felixchip(m): 8:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
As it stands, I'm the only designer in current place of work. I once took a day off due to some serious emergency that I couldn't help not attending to.
And, the MD warned and said that if there's need to be absent, I should give them one week notice. And, if it's an emergency, I should come to the office and let them know.

That is my problem.
Though, I want to go for it on Friday.
Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
GoldenDr:

Money before career..

Dangote 3X

1 Like

Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 29, 2015
felixchip:
As it stands, I'm the only designer in current place of work. I once took a day off due to some serious emergency that I couldn't help not attending to.
And, the MD warned and said that if there's need to be absent, I should give them one week notice. And, if it's an emergency, I should come to the office and let them know.

That is my problem.
Though, I want to go for it on Friday.
Then why don't you arrive early at work on Friday, tell them and leave?
Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by felixchip(m): 10:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Then why don't you arrive early at work on Friday, tell them and leave?
I think that's a nice one. Will do just that.

Thanks, man.
Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
felixchip:

Thanks, man.
Good.....Go pursue your passion bro, don't let any manager hinder your development. . All d best...
Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by beau49: 10:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
felixchip:

Thanks, man.

Friday May 1 is workers day. Are you sure they would conduct interview on that day?
Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by felixchip(m): 5:23am On Apr 30, 2015
beau49:

Friday May 1 is workers day. Are you sure they would conduct interview on that day?

He gave me his word.
Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by beau49: 8:26am On Apr 30, 2015
felixchip:

He gave me his word.

Alright...that's better.
Best of luck.
Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by felixchip(m): 9:05am On Apr 30, 2015
beau49:

Alright...that's better.

Best of luck.

Thank you very much.
Will let you guys know the outcome of the interview.

I appreciate your contributions.
Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by beau49: 9:08am On Apr 30, 2015
felixchip:

Thank you very much. Will let you guys know the outcome of the interview.
I appreciate your contributions.

You are welcome smiley smiley
And we will be awaiting the favorable news.
Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by felixchip(m): 9:11am On Apr 30, 2015
beau49:

You are welcome smiley smiley

And we will be awaiting the favorable news.

Amen o.

1 Like

Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by Valmesk(m): 9:29am On Apr 30, 2015
Tomorrow being Friday is public holiday(Workers day),unless ur firm also work on public holidays,if not ur problem is settled.
Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by felixchip(m): 9:36am On Apr 30, 2015
Valmesk:
Tomorrow being Friday is public holiday(Workers day),unless ur firm also work on public holidays,if not ur problem is settled.

He asked me to come before 10am.
Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by felixchip(m): 12:54pm On May 14, 2015
Greetings people.
It's been two weeks since the interview.

Well, I left for the interview that morning.
My manager(of the present firm) kept calling. Even after I told him I couldn't make it to office.

He threatened to fire me. Well, it happens.
I arrived the venue of the interview, had a smooth discussion with the to-be new Boss.

He loved my works. And, said he'd get back to me in two weeks time.
All this while, I thought I didn't make it through.
The present firm where I work, two members of the staff resigned the very day our Salary was dished out.
That was on 8th this month.

It's been hell. And, Just this afternoon, the Long awaited call came.
It's ******. You'll be resuming work next week.
Huh? It's real cool.

I thought, I had lost out.
And, the girl next to me in my present place of work just pulled out an envelope few hours back. She had once said that she'll resign if things continue the way it is.

If she resigns, along with me, adding to the two that resigned last week, wahala don burst for my Boss head.

Thank you so much for your Assistance.
I appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by beau49: 9:01pm On May 14, 2015
felixchip:
Greetings people.
It's been two weeks since the interview.

Well, I left for the interview that morning.
My manager(of the present firm) kept calling. Even after I told him I couldn't make it to office.

He threatened to fire me. Well, it happens.
I arrived the venue of the interview, had a smooth discussion with the to-be new Boss.

He loved my works. And, said he'd get back to me in two weeks time.
All this while, I thought I didn't make it through.
The present firm where I work, two members of the staff resigned the very day our Salary was dished out.
That was on 8th this month.

It's been hell. And, Just this afternoon, the Long awaited call came.
It's ******. You'll be resuming work next week.
Huh? It's real cool.

I thought, I had lost out.
And, the girl next to me in my present place of work just pulled out an envelope few hours back. She had once said that she'll resign if things continue the way it is.

If she resigns, along with me, adding to the two that resigned last week, wahala don burst for my Boss head.

Thank you so much for your Assistance.
I appreciate.

Thank heavens it ended in praise for you. Wishing you well in your new job.
#cheers
Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by felixchip(m): 10:07pm On May 14, 2015
beau49:

Thank heavens it ended in praise for you. Wishing you well in your new job.
#cheers

Thank you so so Much.
I owe you.
Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by beau49: 10:50pm On May 14, 2015
felixchip:

Thank you so so Much. I owe you.

You are welcome dear.

I will hold you up to that smiley smiley
Re: Need help With Choosing Between Two Jobs. I'm Stuck. by felixchip(m): 7:16am On May 15, 2015
beau49:

You are welcome dear.

I will hold you up to that smiley smiley
Alright.

(1) (Reply)

Terrible anti Gay law in Nigeria / FGIP- Nature Of The Assesment Test And What To Read / Customer Service Representative Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.