Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,814 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) (5499 Views)

April Born Meet Up / Meet Up Zone For The Singles,Divorced,Others. / Fulaman198 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by GIYAZZ(m): 6:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
Yeah guys! This is your thread! grin

I've successfully hooked you both together. Now the ball's in your court. Learn more about yourselves! cheesy

But don't go too far from the real reason for this thread wink

Fulaman198 is supposed to teach Glamrock (An African American who just found out about her roots and traced it to the Fulanis) a few things about their culture and traditions. cheesycheesy

Glamrock's been so happy since she traced her root down to the Fulanis, now she wanna learn more! She's a friend though, she been asking me questions about the Fulanis I couldn't answer so I hooked her up with the right man for the business. FULAMAN198!!!! cheesy

Fulaman198 is a renowned proud Fula man, you can tell from his moniker and signature plus his pro pic. (Lol) grin
He's also a mod on this section. I hit him up on this and he was glad and very excited to meet Glamrock (A long lost sister. Awwww '( )

This union will be so interesting. Y'all just stay in line and don't interrupt them. angry

Fulaman198 and Glamrock.

Over to you!!!!!!!!
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by adamskutty(m): 6:46pm On Apr 29, 2015
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by adamskutty(m): 6:48pm On Apr 29, 2015
I wonder when fulanis were ever sold as slaves grin. That her finding is wrong, let her go do another one. grin grin
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by Fulaman198(m): 7:19pm On Apr 29, 2015
GIYAZZ:
Yeah guys! This is your thread! grin

I've successfully hooked you both together. Now the ball's in your court. Learn more about yourselves! cheesy

But don't go too far from the real reason for this thread wink

Fulaman198 is supposed to teach Glamrock (An African American who just found out about her roots and traced it to the Fulanis) a few things about their culture and traditions. cheesycheesy

Glamrock's been so happy since she traced her root down to the Fulanis, now she wanna learn more! She's a friend though, she been asking me questions about the Fulanis I couldn't answer so I hooked her up with the right man for the business. FULAMAN198!!!! cheesy

Fulaman198 is a renowned proud Fula man, you can tell from his moniker and signature plus his pro pic. (Lol) grin
He's also a mod on this section. I hit him up on this and he was glad and very excited to meet Glamrock (A long lost sister. Awwww '( )

This union will be so interesting. Y'all just stay in line and don't interrupt them. angry

Fulaman198 and Glamrock.

Over to you!!!!!!!!

Loll what the heck a bit over-exuberant here grin
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by Fulaman198(m): 7:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
adamskutty:
I wonder when fulanis were ever sold as slaves grin. That her finding is wrong, let her go do another one. grin grin

Some were on the Guinea and Senegalese border

1 Like

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
adamskutty:

Seriously?

There's an impressive list of Fulani slaves in the Americas. And their impact on Afro-American culture is still acknowledged.

3 Likes

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by adamskutty(m): 7:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
Radoillo:

Seriously?

There's an impressive list of Fulani slaves in the Americas. And their impact on Afro-American culture is still acknowledged.
ok. But they are not from nigeria and are in the minority, right?

Where their communities invaded by whites? If no, then who sold them to out?
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by adamskutty(m): 7:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
Fulaman198:

Some were on the Guinea and Senegalese murder l border
alright fulaman but i've never heard of it until now. But there were no such case in nigeria,right?
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 29, 2015
adamskutty:
ok. But they are not from nigeria and are in the minority, right?

Where their communities invaded by whites? If no, then who sold them to out?

The number that was sold doesn't matter. And it doesn't also matter whether they were sold from the Nigeria area.

What matters here is that there's no reason to doubt that an African-American could have Fulani ancestry.

And there were very few places that whites invaded directly for slaves. Most times Africans captured other Africans and sold them over a long route, until they eventually reached the coast and were then sold to whites.

2 Likes

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by adamskutty(m): 9:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
Radoillo:

The number that was sold doesn't matter. And it doesn't also matter whether they were sold from the Nigeria area.

What matters here is that there's no reason to doubt that an African-American could have Fulani ancestry.

And there were very few places that whites invaded directly for slaves. Most times Africans captured other Africans and sold them over a long route, until they eventually reached the coast and were then sold to whites.
But given the fact that fulanis are strong and though fighters i wonder which african tribe would have succesfully invaded a fulani community.

I will like to read an article about this, i will be glad if u can help me with one. Like fulaman said those fulanis were around the senegal and gambia border and i know such never occured in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by absoluteSuccess: 9:36pm On Apr 29, 2015
adamskutty:
alright fulaman but i've never heard of it until now. But there were no such case in nigeria,right?
Back in those days, the Yoruba used to sell Hausa and Fulani into slavery. But the Yoruba sold more of their own people to preserve their (slaveowners') bloodline from that of a slave (Yoruba of old look down on slaves, yet they believe that if a slave stay too long in a household, he becomes family member). So the Yoruba kept the Habe Hausawa as domestic serfs. Some (not so) 'lucky' ones get sold over and over until they are transfered across the sea. Albeit, at the rise of Ilorin, most of these folks fled to the new city and established an emirate.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by Fulaman198(m): 9:39pm On Apr 29, 2015
adamskutty:

No not at all, it was harder to get at Fulani people living more North towards the Sahel due to the climate

1 Like

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by GIYAZZ(m): 10:13pm On Apr 29, 2015
Guys I told y'all not to flood this thread. Atleast not with negative comments. Now Glamrock has told me she won't be posting on this thread because of the ignorance y'all injected in it via the first comment on this thread by Adamskutty.

I never said she traced her Fulani roots to Nigeria. I said she traced her roots to the Fulanis and wants to learn more about them. And the only Fulani person I know is Fulaman198 hence the reason for this thread.

Y'all just came in here derailing the topic. I am very disappointed. Thought this was supposed to be the most mature and reasonable of all sections on this forum. Smh in shame.

2 Likes

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by Fulaman198(m): 11:24pm On Apr 29, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
Back in those days, the Yoruba used to sell Hausa and Fulani into slavery. But the Yoruba sold more of their own people to preserve their (slaveowners') bloodline from that of a slave (Yoruba of old look down on slaves, yet they believe that if a slave stay too long in a household, he becomes family member). So the Yoruba kept the Habe Hausawa as domestic serfs. Some (not so) 'lucky' ones get sold over and over until they are transfered across the sea. Albeit, at the rise of Ilorin, most of these folks fled to the new city and established an emirate.

That's incorrect information

1 Like

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by bigfrancis21: 11:48pm On Apr 29, 2015
absoluteSuccess:

@bold...Seriously? Why would you resort to blatant lying and unrepentant re-writing of history to cover your extreme insecurities? undecided Is this one of cheap attempts to cover up for the Yoruba subjugation to the fulani empire of Ilorin? undecided

1 Like

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by macof(m): 1:42am On Apr 30, 2015
bigfrancis21:

@bold...Seriously? Why would you resort to blatant lying and unrepentant re-writing of history to cover your extreme insecurities? undecided Is this one of cheap attempts to cover up for the Yoruba subjugation to the fulani empire of Ilorin? undecided
Oh my god. U ignorant lot give me headaches. .you have been schooled severally but ur bigoted mind won't let you take to correction

to add to wat Ladi said, Yoruba(Oyo) were hard core slave dealers.slaves gotten from all over - Fulani, Nupe, Bariba, Other yorubas from the dues payed by the Fon...in fact oyo drove the Fon to slave raiding due to its heavy demand for slaves. Yorubas also bought slaves from Mali which could have had fulani population. Hausa markets were the biggest destination for all these slaves which included very few Hausas too
They would be transported into Oyo via Ilorin, the greater of them made to stay at Ilorin tending to Oloyo(theEmperor's) horses and soldiers
And most of the fulani nd Bariba of Ilorin today are from these slaves

2 Likes

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by tpiadotcom: 2:11am On Apr 30, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Fulanis were also sold into slavery by yorubas and other tribes both within and outside nigeria.

1 Like

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by bigfrancis21: 3:33am On Apr 30, 2015
macof:

Oh my god. U ignorant lot give me headaches. .you have been schooled severally but ur bigoted mind won't let you take to correction

to add to wat Ladi said, Yoruba(Oyo) were hard core slave dealers.slaves gotten from all over - Fulani, Nupe, Bariba, Other yorubas from the dues payed by the Fon...in fact oyo drove the Fon to slave raiding due to its heavy demand for slaves. Yorubas also bought slaves from Mali which could have had fulani population. Hausa markets were the biggest destination for all these slaves which included very few Hausas too
They would be transported into Oyo via Ilorin, the greater of them made to stay at Ilorin tending to Oloyo(theEmperor's) horses and soldiers

Evidence, please. I am willing to learn.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by bigfrancis21: 3:34am On Apr 30, 2015
tpiadotcom:

Fulanis were also sold into slavery by yorubas and other tribes both within and outside nigeria.

Who were the merchants of these fulani slaves? And where were they transported to?

To the best of my knolwedge, fulanis/hausas had very little presence in the transatlantic slave trade.

1 Like

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by tpiadotcom: 3:40am On Apr 30, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Who were the merchants of these fulani slaves? And where were they transported to?

To the best of my knolwedge, fulanis/hausas had very little presence in the transatlantic slave trade.

where else would be recorded as their destination but america?

the merchants were both nigerian and non nigerian tribes, as mentioned before.

a quick search (not even a detailed one), shows the first black newspaper in the US was started by a descendant of a mandingo-fulani enslaved African.

i dont know the name offhand.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by bigfrancis21: 3:40am On Apr 30, 2015
macof:

By the way, when did the selling of fellow african tribesmen into slavery become a thing of valour and pride?? Or is this re-invented 'slave trade feat' in the past a response to the so-called taunts of cowardice? undecided

3 Likes

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by bigfrancis21: 3:44am On Apr 30, 2015
tpiadotcom:

a quick search (not even a detailed one), shows the first black newspaper in the US was started by a descendant of a mandingo-fulani enslaved African.

Fulanis are not only found in Nigeria but all the way from west africa to central africa, thus any sources of fulanis in the americas must not come from Nigeria. They could have come from anywhere, from cameroon, togo, senegal etc.

The number of afro carribeans and afro americans having dna ancestry tests pointing to fulani origin further belittles the so-called mighty feat of selling fellow tribesmen into slave trade (an attempt to invent and bask in 'past glory'), for the number of fulas sold into slave trade must have been very small. The so-called influence of Oyo empire must have been very insignificant, then. Definitely not as modern day revisionists would have us believe.

In case you've forgotten, central africa (congo, cameroon and angola - 3 countries) provided the greatest share of slaves, followed by the bight of benin (akan, fon, ewe, egun, yoruba slaves - from 3 different countries), and then bight of biafra (Igbo, Ibibio/Efik - just 1 country only). An overwhelming majority of african descended peoples have their ancestries pointing to these aforementioned groups. Fulanis taken to the americas is very rare, not impossible though, due to the trickles of fulanis who may have found their way into the slave ships.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by bigfrancis21: 3:52am On Apr 30, 2015
tpiadotcom:

I'm glad you mentioned Mandingo-fulani. Now Mandingos and Fulas are equally found in central africa, this african most likely must have come from central africa (congo) and not as a sale proceed from yoruba land.

Claiming to have sold your fellow tribesmen into slave trade is NOT a thing of pride just because it soothes your ego as 'dominant' and 'ruthless'.

3 Likes

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by tpiadotcom: 3:53am On Apr 30, 2015
^ there's no need to argue with you over your opinion?

i dont think anyone is disputing your ties to AA with you.

@ your other post.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by tpiadotcom: 3:54am On Apr 30, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I'm glad you mentioned Mandingo-fulani. Now Mandingos and Fulas are equally found in central africa, this african most likely must have come from central africa (congo) a

that's rather a stretch, dont you think?
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by bigfrancis21: 4:02am On Apr 30, 2015
tpiadotcom:

that's rather a stretch, dont you think?

Are Mandingoes found any close to Yorubaland? They are geographically closer to Igbolnad than Yorubaland. How will you claim to have sold them into slavery?

Yorubas sold fellow Yorubas into slavery, accepted. Just as Igbos sold fellow Igbos into slavery. However, it is pathetic to claim that you sold other tribesmen as an act of 'valour', or is this coming in response to the fulani empire rule over Yorubas in Ilorin?
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by AAinEqGuinea: 4:43am On Apr 30, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I'm glad you mentioned Mandingo-fulani. Now Mandingos and Fulas are equally found in central africa, this african most likely must have come from central africa (congo) and not as a sale proceed from yoruba land.

Claiming to have sold your fellow tribesmen into slave trade is NOT a thing of pride just because it soothes your ego as 'dominant' and 'ruthless'.

Help them find slaves or became a slave yourself, in the end all were losers if we can factor in colonization, inferiority complex, global marginization, etc in my opinion. I can hardly see opportunity for any pride unless it's uplifting jostling for the inferior rank of "at least not last place" against other Blacks.

By the way, good luck fulaman198 wink

1 Like

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by tpiadotcom: 4:50am On Apr 30, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
Back in those days, the Yoruba used to sell Hausa and Fulani into slavery. But the Yoruba sold more of their own people to preserve their (slaveowners') bloodline from that of a slave

how does selling people preserve your bloodline? You do that by investigating potential hookups, imo.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by AAinEqGuinea: 5:20am On Apr 30, 2015
Blacks love being played.

Africans were ultimately being used to subsequently become conquered, the same strategy also used to seal the fate of Native Americans. Europeans were dying en mass when arriving to what is now the United States. Native American tribes that abetted European survival gained a camp of European manpower and an abundance of relatively advanced European weaponry to ambush other tribes, until they themselves were wiped out. This was the fate for most Native American tribes...And coincidentally enough, those in modern South Africa too. It's was the same game played on a different land. Europeans would not have gotten far running aimless into the forest trying to catch healthy strong black men alive to enslave them. Whites needed help.

As it was with Native Americans, in Africa it was never about who was the "fittest" it was more of like who was first to side with whites, their technology, and a unquenchable appetite for their exchanges. In my opinion, hardly anything has changed with non-white minds today.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by Wulfruna(f): 6:00am On Apr 30, 2015
*shaking my head at people who always want to talk about sh*t they know nothing about*

Can someone ask Bigfrancis who told him Mandingoes are geographically closer to Igboland than to Yoruba land? Can someone ask Bigfrancis who told him Mandingoes were found in Central Africa and the Congo - Congo!

A simple Internet search in 'Mandingoes' would have prevented such a blunder.

A comment on the rest of the thread:

It's a bit sad this thread got badly derailed. But maybe it's also a good thing. Some ignorance has been corrected as a result.

On the issue of whether there were Fulani slaves in Yorubaland, and whether Fulani slaves could have passed through Yorubaland to reach such slave ports as Lagos, Badagry and Port Novo. I'll say there were definitely many Northern Nigerian elements among the slaves that passed through Yorubaland.

2 Likes

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by Fulaman198(m): 6:05am On Apr 30, 2015
tpiadotcom:

I don't know why Yorubas like to make stuff up that never happened. Yorubas were never even an ethnic group of power. You guys were conquered by the Benin people (Edos) Yet you think you sold Fulani into slavery? It was more the other way around but I don't want to mention it because it's wrong to discuss such things.

Yorubas never sold Fulani in slavery
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by Fulaman198(m): 6:25am On Apr 30, 2015
Fulani slaves in Yorubaland? I laugh in Fulfulde. It was the other way around. Yorubas never had slaves. Probably the Edos (who owned you guys btw) did. I'm not too sure, but definitely Fulanis were never Maccube of Yoruba. Maybe in your wildest dreams that happened my Yoruba friends. But nice try though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sex Life In Naija / Mukina2 Can I Meet You. / Funny Stuff I Have Read In Datenmeet Up Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.