Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,495 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) - Dating And Meet-up Zone (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) (5558 Views)

April Born Meet Up / Meet Up Zone For The Singles,Divorced,Others. / Fulaman198 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by tpiadotcom: 8:24pm On Apr 30, 2015
Fulaman198:

No worries never though it would be my Yoruba friends to do it though grin grin grin grin (no offence to the Yorubas). Thought it would be AAs but the AAs on this site seem to be the most civil bunch out of all of us.

the uncivil person on the thread so far, is the one you're responding to.

3 Likes

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by macof(m): 10:24pm On Apr 30, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Are you this dumb? When a slave master has a slave, he OWNS that slave. Certain Yorubas were slaves to the Binis, and thus Binis owned those Yorubas. What's wrong with his statement in the first place? Or you just feel that you are obliged to reply every post irrespective of the thrash you're spewing?
and you are the dumb one here If you don't identify these certain Yorubas that were slaves to Bini
come on, what family in Bini identify as descended from yoruba slaves? Where were they taken from?

2 Likes

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by macof(m): 10:27pm On Apr 30, 2015
tpiadotcom:

yes, the safer usual mentions which are randomly parroted on nairaland.

You for say the entire southwest, nay the whole world, was under Bini?

btw, where is this area of yours which you place under Oyo while assigning other people's area to Bini? And how do you correlate your Oyo claim with your nairaland Bini grabs?

seriously, you sound like you browse google and nairaland and obtain your info from there.
what's this one saying? ?? face the facts pls
I have no time for ethnic bigoted nonsense

3 Likes

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by tpiadotcom: 12:20am On May 01, 2015
Ironic.

1 Like

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by bigfrancis21: 12:57am On May 01, 2015
macof:
and you are the dumb one here If you don't identify these certain Yorubas that were slaves to Bini
come on, what family in Bini identify as descended from yoruba slaves? Where were they taken from?

I should identify bini-owned yoruba slaves of 19th and 20th centuries who have long integrated into the greater society today? You're really slow.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by macof(m): 7:39am On May 01, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I should identify bini-owned yoruba slaves of 19th and 20th centuries who have long integrated into the greater society today? You're really slow.
Identifying them could be by stating where in Bini they were made to reside? What household they labored for? Where they were taken from? Their homeland? their descendants today
if you cannot do this then you are the dumb and slow one here
you don't come here making assumptions out of your wild dreams

1 Like

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by bigfrancis21: 9:02am On May 01, 2015
macof:

Identifying them could be by stating where in Bini they were made to reside? What household they labored for? Where they were taken from? Their homeland? their descendants today
if you cannot do this then you are the dumb and slow one here
you don't come here making assumptions out of your wild dreams

You are really slow. Descendants of Bini-owned slaves of 100 years back walk around in Yorubaland today bearing 'slave' on their faces for easy idenification, right? Dumb, huh.

Well just go around and identify descendants of ex-yoruba slaves to fellow yorubas living in Yoruba land today, and freely publish your findings and method identification tools and I will gladly use your tools and find those who were equally slaves to the Binis. Thanks.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by absoluteSuccess: 11:15am On May 01, 2015
tpiadotcom:

true, the kids will have the status of the father.

i guess the slave owner would try to transfer the slave during his lifetime, rather than risk him becoming his master.

The proverb sounds like the bible one.
O yes, Proverbs 29:2.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by somegirl1: 12:22pm On May 01, 2015
adamskutty:
alright fulaman but i've never heard of it until now. But there were no such case in nigeria,right?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdulrahman_Ibrahim_Ibn_Sori

Not a Nigerian but a Fula that was enslaved all the same.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by absoluteSuccess: 2:52pm On May 01, 2015
somegirl1:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdulrahman_Ibrahim_Ibn_Sori

Not a Nigerian but a Fula that was enslaved all the same.
So interesting, the 'prince of slaves' may have been a nickname given to the man in slavery.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by absoluteSuccess: 3:29pm On May 01, 2015
Fulaman198:

People of Yarba <> Fulani. Again reading all passages posted here, it sounds like your "evidence" is working against you. It seems to state that the Yoruba people were subjugated by the Fulani. The Christians being referred to, were they even Yoruba...... Yoruba have only been Christians for less than 120 years.

The right sign is Yoruba><Fulani.

If savagery is power and it failed to exterminate the Yoruba from Ilorin, then civility is power that long preserve the Yoruba at Ilorin, changing the usurpers to quassi-Yoruba.

You don't have to worry over its (civility's) potency, you are not coward, are you? Please read Wulfruna's post very well. She has clear idea of Sultan Bello's words than you do.

Civility tames the beast of Savagery.

2 Likes

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by tpiadotcom: 3:54pm On May 01, 2015
Fulaman has been aligning himself with the wrong crowd.

He's starting to sound like them.

2 Likes

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by absoluteSuccess: 7:10pm On May 01, 2015
tpiadotcom:
Fulaman has been aligning himself with the wrong crowd.

He's starting to sound like them.
He is basking in the euphoria of Buhari's victory and the idea of 'self-rediscovery' after being called 'the king of the bantu' by axum. I don't have any issue with the nairaland 'Igbo king', bigfornaughty129. I call him 'Oliver De Twist' sometimes.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by macof(m): 7:58pm On May 01, 2015
bigfrancis21:

You are really slow. Descendants of Bini-owned slaves of 100 years back walk around in Yorubaland today bearing 'slave' on their faces for easy idenification, right? Dumb, huh.

Well just go around and identify descendants of ex-yoruba slaves to fellow yorubas living in Yoruba land today, and freely publish your findings and method identification tools and I will gladly use your tools and find those who were equally slaves to the Binis. Thanks.
Oh my! Ethnic bigotry and full on hatred for Yorubas has turned you into a fool. If you cannot identify any descendant of the so called "yoruba slaves" in Bini city today how can you justify bringing such a matter up? You cannot even prove this and you are here ranting like a dog

If we say certain africans were made slaves in the Americas, we know that because of the records and African descendants in the Americas
so pls as you say yorubas were slaves to Bini, kindly furnish the records and identify the descendants of such slaves in Bini city today

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by bigfrancis21: 8:05pm On May 01, 2015
macof:

Oh my! Ethnic bigotry and full on hatred for Yorubas has turned you into a fool. If you cannot identify any descendant of the so called "yoruba slaves" in Bini city today how can you justify bringing such a matter up? You cannot even prove this and you are here ranting like a dog

If we say certain africans were made slaves in the Americas, we know that because of the records and African descendants in the Americas
so pls as you say yorubas were slaves to Bini, kindly furnish the records and identify the descendants of such slaves in Bini city today

Did your yoruba forefathers keep records of their slaves, even in Ajami language? Please if they did, furnish such records and I will do mine accordingly.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by bigfrancis21: 8:06pm On May 01, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
He is basking in the euphoria of Buhari's victory and the idea of 'self-rediscovery' after being called 'the king of the bantu' by axum. I don't have any issue with the nairaland 'Igbo king', bigfornaughty129. I call him 'Oliver De Twist' sometimes.

Yea sister, me and you are fine.

Didn't you grow some balls some time ago? Where did you keep it? cheesy

#absolutefailureforlife.

*yawns loudly*

1 Like

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by tpiadotcom: 8:18pm On May 01, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
He is basking in the euphoria of Buhari's victory and the idea of 'self-rediscovery' after being called 'the king of the bantu' by axum.

hm, didnt know he placed so much importance on axum's rantings.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by bigfrancis21: 8:25pm On May 01, 2015
macof:

I was expecting the writer to say ‘Yoruba masters’ instead of ‘British masters’ in his erroneous statement. As far as I know, there is no record of the Yoruba ever once conquering or colonizing even an inch of Biniland. Rather, the Bini colonized, dominated and enslaved large tracks of Yorubaland and people until British colonialism liberated the Yoruba, so who should be envying who? Besides, the Yoruba were colonized along side the Bini and we all gained our ‘flag’ independence from the British on the same day, which was the 1st of October 1960. Black collective plight as the most wretched people in the world has not changed since ‘flag’ independence, so what is there in the Yoruba to make the Bini or anyone jealous? The writer is proud that there are Yoruba enclaves in Brazil and so on. But they got there as slaves and they are still slaves, (second-class citizens), in the Diaspora right now. The Bini were never enslaved, (the Bini kept hordes of Yoruba and other slaves from their conquests and shielded them from the slave trade), so you would not find slave colonies of the native Bini extraction anywhere in the Diaspora. What greater honour could anyone have than that?

No Yoruba commentator or expert so far has provided concrete evidence or credible story on Oduduwa. Some that have attempted to do so, have quoted spurious speculations from racist, paternalistic and condescending British historians like Basil Davidson, because that was what they passed their exams on. Prof. Siyan Oyeweso of the LASU History Department, goes further to swear by some 1950s – 60s researchers, such as Philip Igbafe, R. E. Bradbury, Alan Ryder and G.A. Akinola, who quoted profusely from each other, and largely relied on the ‘white god’ Davidson’s story for authenticity. What right do we have to expect these ‘experts’ to transcend the infantile bias of their day that Oduduwa was God incarnate, who as the Yoruba progenitor, descended with a rope from the sky? Could the historians have said Oduduwa was not God at a time of Yoruba political dominance in the region? Could they have set off on a limb and expect their books to be recommended reading by the West African Examination Council (WAEC)?

http://www.edofolks.com/html/osahon_oduduwa_controversy.htm
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by macof(m): 8:32pm On May 01, 2015
bigfrancis21:

[size=8pt][/size]lmao grin this clown must be kidding me
quoting from a bigoted site of ignoramus
I want records not claims from edoworld/edofolks

1 Like

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 01, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Mr. Francis, I understand you're an anti-Yoruba hardliner but I could give you tips on this Yoruba-Benin thing to help you reason.

1. Owo and Eko were arguably the two Yoruba places under strong Benin influence and there was never any record of Benin conquests in these places. For a fact, Benin cultural influence was either short lived or waned to the bearest minimum with the Yoruba culture taking over.

2. The part you emboldened is very shallow. The arthour claimed there were Benun conquests in Yoruba land and did not list what lands were conquered and also claimed slaves were taken/kept - the first point of call for historical research is the palace. Is there any record to prove Benin kings had Yoruba slaves at the palace? Then you move further down to chiefs or most powerful warriors of each period between the scope you're researching.

@Macof: Baba, lately, there have been Yoruba vs Benin face off online and in order media but the questions you/we have asked them severally that keep them shut is what we'd continue asking:

Oranmiyan founded Benin Monarchy and till infinity, elements of Yoruba kingship system will remain, how come any trace(s) of Ogiso system was not introduced by Ekaledahern since he introduced a unified political system in Ife.

Oduduwa came to Ife with a number of things that remain in the palace today; they should list what items ekaledahern; a prisoner who was stripped off his status and escaped via bush parts stole or left with from Benin and brought to Ife.

Oduduwa introduced some rituals which are done by Oduduwa devotees in Ife till infinity, was ekaledahern an awo/a priest, either yes or no, how come the processes of these rituals and chants has no Benin elements in them?

Macof bro, on the surface the Benin ekaledahern apologists often mouth off, I only wish the Ooni would put the elements Oduduwa came with on display, publicize chants from Oduduwa devotees and also old arts contained in the palace since Oduduwa so we'd see if they have any Benin semblance.

Ooniship is so wired into spirituality that it is difficult to put things out there for non-initiates to see or discuss (if you get my point).

3 Likes

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by absoluteSuccess: 9:45pm On May 01, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Yea sister, me and you are fine.

Didn't you grow some balls some time ago? Where did you keep it? cheesy

#absolutefailureforlife.

*yawns loudly*
#The-Notorious-Obese-franCease2014, you badt o, wetin I do na? Anono wetin I do O. cheesy
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by tpiadotcom: 9:54pm On May 01, 2015
9jacrip:

Mr. Francis, I understand you're an anti-Yoruba hardliner but I could give you tips on this Yoruba-Benin thing to help you reason.

1. Owo and Eko were arguably the two Yoruba places under strong Benin influence

fafoul #1.

I think you should speak for Eko alone, what's the meaning of this?

Do you even know the exceeding influence of Owo over Benin?

anyway, if not for internet sha!

cant blame you folk.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 01, 2015
tpiadotcom:

fafoul #1.

cant blame you folk.

Well, I wonder what the emboldened means.

Anyways, Benin's only influence on Owo was as a result of proximity not conquest.

Despite the similarity in kingship system, they still retain their core Yoruba roots.

Owo borrowed from Benin as much as Benin borrowed from Owo.

Brush up on your history.

2 Likes

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by tpiadotcom: 1:20am On May 02, 2015
oga, i had to stop reading your post after that first sentence of yours which i quoted.

i am trying to educate you here, but you dont want to learn.

If you can agree Ife was under Benin, then likewise you are free to say Owo was under Benin.

let's start from there.

Its possible you may be mixing up trade routes with whatever else you're saying, but the point is, there is no excuse to be ignorant.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by tpiadotcom: 1:21am On May 02, 2015
i dont know if i can go through the rest of your comment, that first claim of yours prevented me from analyzing the remainder.

dont know if it was intentional.

ok, wbb later.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by tpiadotcom: 1:22am On May 02, 2015
Well, I wonder what the emboldened means.

it means the internet can help spread misinformation.

when you combine it with nl own.

1 Like

Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by absoluteSuccess: 10:16am On May 02, 2015
tpiadotcom:

fafoul #1.

cant blame you folk.

Tpia, you are great.

Olowo takes pre-eminence among Yoruba princelings at inception, you can consult your Ifa priests about this, but that part does not made it to the list of the seven sons of Oduduwa that were canonized at the advent of 'logographic writing', or Yoruba ontology, so we can conveniently trade off such bakassi to a crying wolf.

But Ifa remembers, and some of us do.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by somegirl1: 7:09pm On May 06, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
So interesting, the 'prince of slaves' may have been a nickname given to the man in slavery.

Yeah. I'm sure there were several more Fulas enslaved. The entire slave trade episode is very sad.
Re: An Online Date Thread For Fulaman198 And Glamrock (two Fulanis Meet Up) by absoluteSuccess: 9:12pm On May 06, 2015
somegirl1:

Yeah. I'm sure there were several more Fulas enslaved. The entire slave trade episode is very sad.
Exactly, hence the Dna test at topic trace back to Fula.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Most Coolest Guy On Nairaland,, check him out / Sexy Clemcykul / My Lorfs And I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.