Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,161 members, 7,829,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Things Nigeria Has Done For South Africa! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things Nigeria Has Done For South Africa! (1588 Views)

Army Launches "Exercise Python Dance" For South-East / 5 Things Nigeria Is Best Known For Around The World / SGF: New Deal For South-east Over Ekweremadu-tribune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Nigeria Has Done For South Africa! by Krucifax(m): 8:43pm On Apr 29, 2015
In light of recent xenophobic attacks by South Africans on other African nationals including Nigeria, it pays to revisit what Nigeria as a country has actually done for South Africa. A lot of people have said South Africans are ungrateful for what we have done for them in the past. Others have asked what have we actually done for them in the past? As incredulous as the question is, it is actually valid. As most people who ask the questions are people who either don't have the knowledge of history or are too young to know any of it. Below is a small list of the Things Nigeria has done for South Africa.

[b]1. Nigeria boycotted Commonwealth Games to show solidarity for South Africa

2.The National Committee Against Apartheid (NACAP) founded by Nigeria to fight apartheid and fund South Africa in 1960.Through NACAP hundreds of South African residents were able to attend school free.

3.Countless solidarity songs written by Nigeria musicians to support south Africa

4.Nigeria played a vital role in establishing the United Nations Special Committee Against Apartheid (UNSCAA). Nigeria also chaired the committee for longer than any country in the world at great expense

5.Southern African Relief Fund (SARF), created by Nigeria and deducted 2% of salaries from Nigerian civil service workers to support South Africa's apartheid fight .

6.Issued Nigerian passports to South African freedom fighters whose South African passports were seized by their apartheid government so they could travel the world to seek support

7.Nigeria offered scholarships hundreds to South African students.

8.Nigerian ensured that British Petroleum assets were nationalised as Britain (who incidentally travel to SA visa free)supported apartheid.

9. Nigeria offered military training to ANC militancy wing.

10. At the height of the liberation movement in the 1970s, Nigeria alone provided $5-million annual subvention to the ANC and the Pan Africanist Congress (PAC)

11. Nigeria welcomed South African exiles Thabo Mbeki (former South African president from 1999 to 2008). He had spent 7 years in Nigeria, from 1977 to 1984, before he left to the ANC headquarters in Lusaka, Zambia .

12.Nigeria lost approximately $41 billion in potential oil sales as it refused to sell oil to the South African apartheid government.

13.From 1960 to 1995, Nigeria has alone spent over $61 billion to support the end of apartheid, more than any other country in the world, according to the South African Institute of International Affairs

14.In 1963, to evade arrest by the apartheid regime and their British backers,Nelson Mandela came to Nigeria, where he was hidden by Chief Mbazulike Amaechi, a former Nigerian aviation minister, at the instruction of President Nnamdi Azikiwe for 6 months.
[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Nigeria Has Done For South Africa! by apoti(m): 8:47pm On Apr 29, 2015
smiley
Re: Things Nigeria Has Done For South Africa! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 29, 2015
South Africa don't even recognize all these so why disturbing your brain on writing this article . Let us forget helping South Africa let us begin to help ourselves. God bless Nigeria
Re: Things Nigeria Has Done For South Africa! by nickxtra(m): 8:48pm On Apr 29, 2015
I no blame these South Africans.
Re: Things Nigeria Has Done For South Africa! by ozoigbondu: 8:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
l don't blame SA rather l blame our millitary rulers for feeding other peoples children when we are dying of hunger
Re: Things Nigeria Has Done For South Africa! by talk2hb1(m): 8:52pm On Apr 29, 2015
Thats interesting to know.............But why the xenophobia now
Re: Things Nigeria Has Done For South Africa! by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 29, 2015
i also help a lost South African back to his home using my own money.. from Ikeja to Maryland.. and that's part of it.
Re: Things Nigeria Has Done For South Africa! by frodobee: 9:01pm On Apr 29, 2015
Why the xenophobia someone asked. Answer is: they say you take their beautiful women, take their jobs and give them drugs.
Well if only they say: you gave them freedom which don't come free.
Re: Things Nigeria Has Done For South Africa! by MEILYN(m): 9:15pm On Apr 29, 2015
They dont even remember all the sacrifices we made for their freedom. If Nigeria were important to them, they would teach these things in schools and let their people know that Nigeria played a vital role in ending apatheid in their countey, but they just want to ridicule Nigeria. No matter the hatred theyhave for us we will still strive to maintain our number one spot in Africa.
Re: Things Nigeria Has Done For South Africa! by Faremisodeeq(m): 9:17pm On Apr 29, 2015
I think south africans were used. No white man beating. i think they are using us to fight each other.
Re: Things Nigeria Has Done For South Africa! by ChikezieU(m): 9:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
kaybiel2u:
South Africa don't even recognize all these so why disturbing your brain on writing this article . Let us forget helping South Africa let us begin to help ourselves. God bless Nigeria
is good this article came so that people like me will have the knowledge and 2ndly for u and me to know how selfish people can be, but u know what we have to keep on helping irrespective of whether we r paid back or nt

1 Like

Re: Things Nigeria Has Done For South Africa! by Caseless: 9:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
Hmmm...
I read stuffs like this with tears in my eyez and with an excruciating pain of burning spear probing through my heart. I pray southafrica crawl again!
Re: Things Nigeria Has Done For South Africa! by cjrane: 11:43pm On Apr 29, 2015
Krucifax:
In light of recent xenophobic attacks by South Africans on other African nationals including Nigeria, it pays to revisit what Nigeria as a country has actually done for South Africa. A lot of people have said South Africans are ungrateful for what we have done for them in the past. Others have asked what have we actually done for them in the past? As incredulous as the question is, it is actually valid. As most people who ask the questions are people who either don't have the knowledge of history or are too young to know any of it. Below is a small list of the Things Nigeria has done for South Africa.

[b]1. Nigeria boycotted Commonwealth Games to show solidarity for South Africa

2.The National Committee Against Apartheid (NACAP) founded by Nigeria to fight apartheid and fund South Africa in 1960.Through NACAP hundreds of South African residents were able to attend school free.

3.Countless solidarity songs written by Nigeria musicians to support south Africa

4.Nigeria played a vital role in establishing the United Nations Special Committee Against Apartheid (UNSCAA). Nigeria also chaired the committee for longer than any country in the world at great expense

5.Southern African Relief Fund (SARF), created by Nigeria and deducted 2% of salaries from Nigerian civil service workers to support South Africa's apartheid fight .

6.Issued Nigerian passports to South African freedom fighters whose South African passports were seized by their apartheid government so they could travel the world to seek support

7.Nigeria offered scholarships hundreds to South African students.

8.Nigerian ensured that British Petroleum assets were nationalised as Britain (who incidentally travel to SA visa free)supported apartheid.

9. Nigeria offered military training to ANC militancy wing.

10. At the height of the liberation movement in the 1970s, Nigeria alone provided $5-million annual subvention to the ANC and the Pan Africanist Congress (PAC)

11. Nigeria welcomed South African exiles Thabo Mbeki (former South African president from 1999 to 2008). He had spent 7 years in Nigeria, from 1977 to 1984, before he left to the ANC headquarters in Lusaka, Zambia .

12.Nigeria lost approximately $41 billion in potential oil sales as it refused to sell oil to the South African apartheid government.

13.From 1960 to 1995, Nigeria has alone spent over $61 billion to support the end of apartheid, more than any other country in the world, according to the South African Institute of International Affairs

14.In 1963, to evade arrest by the apartheid regime and their British backers,Nelson Mandela came to Nigeria, where he was hidden by Chief Mbazulike Amaechi, a former Nigerian aviation minister, at the instruction of President Nnamdi Azikiwe for 6 months.
[/b]

You omitted thousands of South Africans given free secondary education in our unity schools and universities. Many of them were also given free military training in Kaduna. Such regrettable waste of resources.
Re: Things Nigeria Has Done For South Africa! by ifyan(m): 3:10am On Apr 30, 2015
My God. Why sauti .

This is ungrateful.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Rejects Rolls Royce In London / President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP / GEJ Doesn’t Pick My Calls, He Gave Boko Haram Power – Cameroon’s President Biya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.