Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,114 members, 7,821,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil (42470 Views)

Ministerial List: Buhari Only Sent 21 Names, To Send Other Before Tuesday / FG To Deploy Yoruba Teachers To Brazil / Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by brutef0rce101: 7:55am On May 02, 2015
[s]
anonimi:

Is yoruba actually being exported

Or is this not a recognition of the FACT that we yorubas sold the most SLAVES?
[/s]

What is WE Yorubas? Ahahahahaha See this weyre trying to form Yoruba, cos you can speak Yoruba lang cant make you one. Fat liar.

7 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by tonychristopher: 7:56am On May 02, 2015
proxillin:

Jealousy and hate. Yoruba are in these countries too.however, both Yoruba and Igbo are not dominating here.

Have you gone to Cuba before ? Yoruba is like a third language in Cuba. They have even mixed Yoruba words with Spanish. Their are people who now take ifa as a religion.

Go to Togo Yoruba 1 third of the population. That's why FG is sending teachers to these countries.

You guys are always jealous of Yoruba. That's why you claim to own Lagos. You always want what we want.

Give me proves of Yoruba ..they went their as slaves and that alone should be shameful
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by proxillin(m): 8:02am On May 02, 2015
tonychristopher:

Give me proves of Yoruba ..they went their as slaves and that alone should be shameful

All black Americans where there as slaves.

Obama as a Blackman is not shameful...

Black Americans lost their cultures. But Africans in Cuba, Brazil still held on to their culture. Yoruba are known for that.

U know Igbo language is going on extinction even here in nigeria

8 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by holatin(m): 8:02am On May 02, 2015
Ilekeh:

Don't mind him. grin

undecided

You gotta choose...... is Nigeria your nation?

Can you speak Yoruba?

If you answer "No" in any of the above....... O.Y.O
maybe change has taken over him
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by lifeisshort1: 8:03am On May 02, 2015
Someone might need this

2 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 8:04am On May 02, 2015
rman:
I recommend Ilekeh and Truckpusher to get married immediately so all ethnic E-wars on nairaland between Yoruba and Igbo to end immediately.

First of all, he's not Igbo, he's Ijaw. Second of all, I'm gonna have to pass.
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by bogolobango(m): 8:05am On May 02, 2015
Gagagaggagagag igbos no dey this thread again

Make i shine my eyes wether i go see dem shocked shocked shocked
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 8:07am On May 02, 2015
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 8:08am On May 02, 2015
holatin:
maybe change has taken over him

In Sango's name grin

#Truckpusher na true?
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 8:10am On May 02, 2015
yurme:
#Team_Amala_Ati_ewedu

grin

7 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by tonychristopher: 8:10am On May 02, 2015
proxillin:

All black Americans where there as slaves.

Obama as a Blackman is not shameful...

Black Americans lost their cultures. But Africans in Cuba, Brazil still held on to their culture. Yoruba are known for that.

U know Igbo language is going on extinction even here in nigeria

You see how you reason ..yorubas lack intelligence

So Obama father was a slave ....idiotss
Obama father wasnt a slave but migrant from Kenya

Not all blacks in usa have slave ancestory

Ewu

1 Like

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by brutef0rce101: 8:14am On May 02, 2015
[s]
tonychristopher:

Ewu
[/s]

Drunkard, its your father that lack intelligence. You Yeebhoes love spewing trash esp you goat. Go treat your wife jaundice and stop fighting on nairaland, shameless thing.

11 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Scatterboss(m): 8:15am On May 02, 2015
Ilekeh:

wink

One last post

1. Yorubas are very tolerant
a) We celebrate CENTURIES of peace between Islam and Christianity and Yoruba religion in Yorubaland
b) We consider ourselves as Yoruba FIRST, anything else SECOND

Gbam. Proudly Yoruba.
We rep everywhere we go.
God bless Odualand.

5 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Scatterboss(m): 8:15am On May 02, 2015
Mapletraks:

^^^^^^^
@stabillo

Yea, in old Havana in Cuba, the Yoruba or Lucumi traditions, religion and language are
still very much alive.

Prof. Wole Soyinka is very popular in Cuba as well as the current Ooni of Ife who first visited
the house of Oodua or Yoruba descendants in
1987 and later in 2001. He was received by
Fidel Castro on both occasions.

For over 15 years now, I have read extensively
about the Yoruba Descendants and religion/music in Cuba and I can say that Yoruba
influence is even stronger in Cuba than in
Brazil because the Spanish in Cuba were less
repressive to Blacks on the slave sugar
plantations and estates.

I must also add that in the Matanzas Province
of Cuba, the Efik and Ibibio culture is still
alive via the Ekpe society, and art!

Up to 175,000 Yorubas from Ijesa, Egba, Oyo, Ketu in Benin Rep. were shipped to Cuba
in the 1800s alone and almost an equal
number to Bahia in Brazil!

Words such as ere, ijo, ile for example are noticeable in the tropical music of Cuba.

Last but NOT least, the wealthy Nigerian
billionaire business mogul - Ambassador
Antonio Dehinde Fernandez's Yoruba ancestors
returned from Cuba and settled in Lagos Island
like most Yorubas who returned from Brazil, Cuba, Trinidad, Sierra Leone, and USA via Liberia
did.

PS. The Alakija family patriach of Egba-Brazilian
returnees was Sir. Adeyemo Alakija who dropped
his Brazilian name of Placido Assumpcao after
reading law in the UK in 1914. He was a very rich
man in his days and co-founded the iconic
Daily Times. He was the first Nigerian to
be knighted by the British royalty.

~Mapletraks

2 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Lushore1: 8:16am On May 02, 2015
beautiful people and beautiful religion...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Nobody: 8:20am On May 02, 2015
alaoeri:

Maybe Israel since they are of Jewish descendants. grin
A part of Egypt,not isreal,and west Indies. I think this was as a result of slave trade. Ghana also has a small yoruba tribe,the Ga and I hear the ashantis migrated from ile ife; have also met a ghanian guy called ngozi,who also comes from an ibo-speaking community in Ghana.
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by rigarmortis: 8:21am On May 02, 2015
realjoker:
yes he is right, but he refused to let people know that most of the slaves yoruba sold are mostly ibos who were conquored by the yoruba slave lords.

Are you ok?

Ibos and yorubas never engaged in combat from prehistoric times till now, they never shared a common boundary, they never disputed empires or territories so which war are you talking about?

The one on NL?

Ibos and igalas had some skirmishes which stopped when they started marrying each other, igbos and efiks also has some dispute over the aro shrine which ended when the arochukwu conquered and took possession of the above mentioned shrine.

So which war are you talking?

you better desist from all the beer parlour gossip you engage in when you converse with learned ppl or risk being exposed as the half baked graduate you really are.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Lushore1: 8:22am On May 02, 2015
love my culture, check out this thread if you are interested in Yoruba culture in the Ameriaca..https://www.nairaland.com/2235246/yoruba-culture-americas#32309441

3 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by proxillin(m): 8:22am On May 02, 2015
tonychristopher:

Ewu

Igbo people reason through their anus. They are riddled of hate and jealous. They behave like baboon.
So all black Americans in USA are all immigrant ? Majority of them got their through slavery. Werey illiterate...ask your little brother in secondary school. He lecture you on slavery

8 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by olalat(m): 8:23am On May 02, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
they are decendant of the Jews wink cheesy cheesy

Hahahaha
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by proxillin(m): 8:28am On May 02, 2015
Lushore1:
love my culture..

This will make jealous Igbos wanna shoot you. These are not even black people celebrating Yoruba culture. These are white people. That's why they needs those reachers.

5 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by yibobasher2: 8:32am On May 02, 2015
Sips zobo while reading newspaper.

No need to waste my energy bashing any Igbos here, the content of the post has already bashed them.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Nobody: 8:35am On May 02, 2015
History was my favourite subject in school,I love history.
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Lushore1: 8:35am On May 02, 2015
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Lushore1: 8:36am On May 02, 2015
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Lushore1: 8:37am On May 02, 2015
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Lushore1: 8:37am On May 02, 2015

1 Like

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Lushore1: 8:38am On May 02, 2015
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Lushore1: 8:38am On May 02, 2015

1 Like

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by proxillin(m): 8:39am On May 02, 2015
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by iPopAlomo(m): 8:40am On May 02, 2015
babyosisi:

Couldn't agree more
Especially Ekiti grin Sophisticated pippu
Those boobi stand pass your own way flat like Dunlop slippers...

7 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by iPopAlomo(m): 8:40am On May 02, 2015
babyosisi:

Couldn't agree more
Especially Ekiti grin Sophisticated pippu
Those boobi stand pass your own way flat like Dunlop slippers...

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lucky Aiyedatiwa, Ondo Deputy Governor Moves Against Akeredolu / FRSC Boss Osita Chidoka, New Minister Of Aviation? / Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.