Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,724 members, 7,813,391 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

Mum's Heartbreaking Birthday Message For Friendless Son (photos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mum's Heartbreaking Birthday Message For Friendless Son (photos) (1535 Views)

Mother Receives Ford Jeep Gift From Her Son (Photos) / Father And Daughter Die In Peacemass Accident: Wife Shares Heartbreaking Photos / A Wife Sent Her Hubby A Shocking Birthday Message After Beating Her Mercilessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mum's Heartbreaking Birthday Message For Friendless Son (photos) by 123gist(m): 5:01am On Apr 30, 2015
A mother who said her 11-year-old son had no friends and pleaded on Facebook for people to wish him happy birthday says he has received hundreds of cards from around the world.

Molly-Mole Povey, from Newton Abbot, in Devon,
was upset when her son Roman said he had no
friends at school.
After her Facebook post went viral, more than 200
cards have arrived from as far away as Australia.
Mrs Povey said: "The compassion shown has been
truly inspiring."
She said that she had written the post two weeks
before her "beautiful special boy" turns 11 on
Wednesday.

She said Roman was "a lovely adorable boy with
difficulties".
"I was just hoping a couple of school people might
give him a card, but it went viral with people offering to send him cards from all over the world," she said.
"Roman doesn't have any friends and often cries
himself to sleep because of this.
"I cannot express how heart-breaking these past few years have been seeing my beautiful boy so upset, so often."
She said on Facebook that any cards and well wishes for his birthday "would mean the world to him to feel special for once and popular".
Her post has received more than 400 likes and
responses from around the world including Dubai,
New Zealand, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Egypt and
Germany - and they are still arriving.
"Within 12 hours my post had been shared around
the world from friends to their friends and beyond,"
she said.
"The moment I realised it had gone global was when someone in Uganda messaged me and asked if they could send my son Roman a birthday card.
"It's been amazing, I'm overwhelmed with people's
kindness."
Cc: RoyalRoy

Source: www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-devon-32504036

Re: Mum's Heartbreaking Birthday Message For Friendless Son (photos) by Fabdedon(m): 5:15am On Apr 30, 2015
i even thought he is a Nigerian guy.. Watin concern Nigerians grin
Re: Mum's Heartbreaking Birthday Message For Friendless Son (photos) by zadok60: 5:30am On Apr 30, 2015
ehya sad

1 Like

Re: Mum's Heartbreaking Birthday Message For Friendless Son (photos) by Nobody: 6:08am On Apr 30, 2015
Oyibo can be jobless sha

2 Likes

Re: Mum's Heartbreaking Birthday Message For Friendless Son (photos) by ibrokola(m): 6:12am On Apr 30, 2015
We may live in a mad world, but we still have some beautiful people out there!

6 Likes

Re: Mum's Heartbreaking Birthday Message For Friendless Son (photos) by Sandydayz(f): 10:43am On Apr 30, 2015
Little boy life is not meant to be lived alone.....

1 Like

Re: Mum's Heartbreaking Birthday Message For Friendless Son (photos) by Babe2sure(f): 7:19pm On Apr 30, 2015
Eeyah! Mother's love runs deep and its power knows no limit. Infact, it surpasses all logic.

1 Like

Re: Mum's Heartbreaking Birthday Message For Friendless Son (photos) by Dekatron(m): 8:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
Happy birthday.

Wish i could send a card. . . its hard being lonely

1 Like

Re: Mum's Heartbreaking Birthday Message For Friendless Son (photos) by Nobody: 11:53pm On Apr 30, 2015
Happy Birthday to little Roman too. God bless him and his mum.

Please check my signature too. Thanks.
Re: Mum's Heartbreaking Birthday Message For Friendless Son (photos) by freecocoa(f): 5:27am On May 01, 2015
And my eyes watered.

It feels good to know there are still wonderful people in the world.

Happy birthday to Roman.

A mother's love sha, it's just unexplainable.

1 Like

Re: Mum's Heartbreaking Birthday Message For Friendless Son (photos) by Ewuro4: 5:36am On May 01, 2015
Your mom needs get off Facebook , mingle with other parents, get involved in parents association and volunteering and the ultimate, set up a play date for you buddy.

Happy Birthday Roman from NL .
Re: Mum's Heartbreaking Birthday Message For Friendless Son (photos) by corisande: 6:44am On May 01, 2015
Awwwwww!
Re: Mum's Heartbreaking Birthday Message For Friendless Son (photos) by pretydiva(f): 5:27pm On May 01, 2015
Awww.. so touching cry

1 Like

Re: Mum's Heartbreaking Birthday Message For Friendless Son (photos) by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 01, 2015
yay ! smiley

1 Like

Re: Mum's Heartbreaking Birthday Message For Friendless Son (photos) by Fkforyou(m): 6:02pm On May 01, 2015
You might not get to see this, but all thesame. Happy Birthday Roman
Re: Mum's Heartbreaking Birthday Message For Friendless Son (photos) by EfemenaXY: 7:23pm On May 01, 2015
I hope she used a P.O.Box or Private Mail Bag for this, and not her actual residential address...

(1) (Reply)

Who Owns A Man, His Mother Or His Wife ? / Should My Friend Marry Her? / Halleluia!!! God Has Blessed My Family With Twin Boys.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.