Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,843 members, 7,824,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List (62815 Views)

Gorgeous Urhobo Bride From Niger Delta / Is This Bride Prize / Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by evesdon4u: 3:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
St. Moritz still dey market?
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Burger01(m): 3:53pm On Apr 30, 2015
All these items! For wetin? Dem put gold for that place? Make dem go marry their daughters abegsmiley

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by matrixme(m): 3:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
What a repulsive and shameful attitude of selling their daughters! I wonder how anyone in his or her right senses would agree this is something worth being proud of in this modern age. I am thankful I am never going to marry an igbo girl! When Yoruba girls are way more sophisticated and educated, Akwa ibom or Calabar girls more beautiful as well as other strong point from other tribes. Who cares!

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by condralbede(m): 3:57pm On Apr 30, 2015
Chiaka:

Un resistible Ibo women and they make the best wife
No wonder...I see cool
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Burger01(m): 4:00pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ishilove:
You go fear list na grin

But wait o, why is the list filled with beer? Star, Gulder, Palmy in each page

Smh
Ishi, can I have idea of what the bride prize list is from ya side. Make I know the thing I dey face before I communicate with my legscheesy

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by bishopstan(m): 4:02pm On Apr 30, 2015
lwkmd....... even benson and St moritz......... what of weeds.....?? ;Dlwkmd......

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by vivalavida(m): 4:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
matrixme:
What a repulsive and shameful attitude of selling their daughters! I wonder how anyone in his or her right senses would agree this is something worth being proud of in this modern age. I am thankful I am never going to marry an igbo girl! When Yoruba girls are way more sophisticated and educated, Akwa ibom or Calabar girls more beautiful as well as other strong point from other tribes. Who cares!

See you wey neva give yourself 3 square meals
Igbo chics dont need your black dirty faces.
Go and stick to ur omo latas

6 Likes

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by bishopstan(m): 4:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
matrixme:

odey........ you no go stop that thing wey kill your grandfather............. jealousy.....

5 Likes

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
shizzleStar:
cheesygrin

Cry not! I am capable, now cheer up wink

I'm good dear. Just too much work and stress. undecided
...aww pelee smiley
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by feedthenation(m): 4:06pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ain't nothing wrong with the list - max N200,000 will be enough.
I love our igbo ladies - most beautiful and intelligent.

7 Likes

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
Paulscholari:
As long as e no pass a million naira I go pay... Money dey bank.... And if she worth more than that I go still pay.

My brother I spent more than #500,000... and that is because she worth it cool, she is brain and beauty, no amount of money can equal the value of my wife, her Law school fees alone don pass that money grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by proxitaly: 4:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
betty202020:
nwanne, dont mind that list dat guy is showing. i married and wedded last december in owerri. my wife's list was 2 pages of which i had no stress settling. my inlaws told me to give the kinsmen their list and take my wife home. so one can print anything in business centre and paste. i call this attension seeker. even if the list is true, is it for public consumption? has he gone to d parents and they turned him down? he is not mentally ripe for marriage.

Kponkwem!

3 Likes

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by shizzleStar: 4:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
chipmunkey:
Say no to Igbo bride exploitation. angry
You are not forced to marry them. Stick your lazy arse to your dirty, lazy, loud mouthed women. These yo**** peeps always wanting free things. Nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by matrixme(m): 4:11pm On Apr 30, 2015
bishopstan:

odey........ you no go stop that thing wey kill your grandfather............. jealousy.....
I understand you're never reasonable people. Wait till a white man reads this to call your bluff.

vivalavida:

See you wey neva give yourself 3 square meals
Igbo chics dont need your black dirty faces.
Go and stick to ur omo latas
You're one sad, inferior minded fellow and you have my pity!

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by treasuregr8(f): 4:14pm On Apr 30, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

My brother I spent more than #500,000... and that is because she worth it cool, she is brain and beauty, no amount of money can equal the value of my wife, her Law school fees alone don pass that money grin grin grin

you are so reasonable jare, unlike some dumb dudes here.
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by somegirl1: 4:15pm On Apr 30, 2015
matrixme:

I understand you're never reasonable people. Wait till a white man reads this to call your bluff.

You're one sad, inferior minded fellow and you have my pity!

Loads of white men have fulfilled the requirements to marry Igbo ladies.
They accept the fact that cultures differ.
Brideprice has never made a serious suitor change his mind.

7 Likes

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by kinibigdeal(m): 4:15pm On Apr 30, 2015
waternogetemeny:
The only problem that i see here is Nigeria. Imagine yoruba that go to the market to commit a criminal offence called extortion as babaloja and mamaloja talking.

By the way wat happened to all your daughters, una no dey train them well? Bunch of beggars can never marry any of my sisters. Never!

See wat they produce without Bride Price in their region, go to any igbo state this is non-existent. U will not impose your foreign disease on us.

I love my sister, dem too carry eye enter market, no money na u are dismissed, no negotiation.

The Igbo men that it is their girls are not complaining, na foreigners that have no business with the girls, that are complaining on an igbo culture thread, shamelessly!

Where are your own daughter and girls if i may ask, begging on the street and looking unkept abi? U have useless them, and now wanting to jump the fence into another man land?

Our ancestors made the fence very high that no useless person can jump. Igbo girls marrying out of our tribe is only to the rich ones not riffraff. Even those rich ones are polygamous and we will prefer they marry within the igbo tribe.

So go back to the street and collect your daughters and finish them off from where u stop.

Wetin this one dey talk undecided

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by silverspringle(f): 4:25pm On Apr 30, 2015

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by matrixme(m): 4:26pm On Apr 30, 2015
somegirl1:

Loads of white men have fulfilled the requirements to marry Igbo ladies.
They accept the fact that cultures differ.
Brideprice has never made a serious suitor change his mind.

Finally a reasonable reaction! I hope you know that the issue of late marriage of many igbo ladies is a prominent issue amongst the tribe. I wonder why many ladies should be denied their right to a happy life because of some repulsive tradition by people who are mostly after their stomach. I believe this among other reasons is what necessitated desperation of some otherwise hardworking people. (look at the ones that were recently killed in Indonesia). Marriage is timed, making money requires patience and endurance. These paths don't cross. Let's call a spade a spade.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by somegirl1: 4:34pm On Apr 30, 2015
matrixme:

Finally a reasonable reaction! I hope you know that the issue of late marriage of many igbo ladies is a prominent issue amongst the tribe. I wonder why many ladies should be denied their right to a happy life because of some repulsive tradition by people who are mostly after their stomach. I believe this among other reasons is what necessitated desperation of some otherwise hardworking people. (look at the ones that were recently killed in Indonesia). Marriage is timed, making money requires patience and endurance. These paths don't cross. Let's call a spade a spade.

I made the comment below, which the OP is yet to respond to.

I'm pretty sure you didn't pay for everything in that list. The list is meant to be negotiated. Several items are waived usually.

It is very unusual for anyone to pay for every single item in the list. If they had to, how do labourers, domestic staff etc get married?

Late marriage has become an issue everywhere not just in Igbo land.

Men do not postpone marriage because of the brideprice but because of responsibilities that follow after marriage.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by bishopstan(m): 4:34pm On Apr 30, 2015
[quote author=matrixme post=33280568]

then be yourself answer stop the hate Bro. because it will take you nowhere,ibos are far more better than any other tribe in Nigeria cuz.. **in Duncan mighty voice** even if you be world best some people go dey call you oluku..........
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by natnoble(m): 4:34pm On Apr 30, 2015
well is their culture. if u cant afford d bride prize please is nt by force. leave their girls o.
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Ghost01(m): 4:39pm On Apr 30, 2015
Where are the feminists when you need them. Ms. Adichie no go see dis one write missive o.

Talk about celebrating sexism in the name of upholding cultural practices.

*sighs*

We'll get there!
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Donpizzle(m): 4:40pm On Apr 30, 2015
CountDracula:
Because of what? Na genevieve I wan marry?

evn if na genevieve self.........

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by yibobasher2: 4:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
somegirl1:

No reasonable man would feel this token, which my own parents won't even benefit from, is my price.

Nice one
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by yibobasher2: 4:53pm On Apr 30, 2015
Emirofsambisa1:

Oga correct yourself! It is 'In this century'..... Be serious with your studies my brother

Clap for yourself for pointing out a prepositional error tongue
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by liverpoolfc4life(m): 4:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
Girls wey lecturers and sugar daddies don.chop the real soup,wetting remain for the husband?
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Masterclass32: 4:59pm On Apr 30, 2015
This thing no be issue nah.

If the bride price cost die, u run.

"Say No to inter-tribal marriage", like my friend would always say.
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by delishpot: 5:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ghost01:
Where are the feminists when you need them. Ms. Adichie no go see dis one write missive o.

Talk about celebrating sexism in the name of upholding cultural practices.

*sighs*

We'll get there!

A wise feminist will increase that price. Even if dem dash una their daughters for free, men will still want to lord it over the "free gift".
If I was a woman(feminist) I will make the man pay double that price and will make sure all that money go straight to the wife's purse. Na she dey change name, na she dey care forbhome and na she world expect to Be submisive.
But o, come to think of it, if the woman was the one paying dowry to grooms all these while, and now they decide that the price is too much and they cant cope all these small boys crying blood will jump at women and call them lazy and wanting to challenge men by not wanting to pay Dowry.
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by TheSonOfMark(m): 5:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
somegirl1:

No reasonable man would feel this token, which my own parents won't even benefit from, is my price.
misspicy:
who has d summarized version pls?

And what about the boys whom have slept with you over the years for free? Why should I pay for another man's vomit?
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
It is obvious that you are an uncultured tw.at. I suggested a short cut and you are throwing insults? It shows your level of stupidity. And don't flatter yourself, you flat headed gorilla - so many of us don't really give a fvck about Igbo people.

Quote me again and you would only confirm my suspicion that you are bastard child from a prost.itu.te mother and one armed robber somewhere.

1.) As long as she does not consent to abortion, her family cannot force her to do an abortion. If they do that, then it is equal to premeditated murder.
2.) As long as it is NOT rape, no police (or prosecutor) can lock a person in jail (prison) for getting a girl pregnant.
3.) Igbo families can't do anything to a man (of another tribe) when their daughter is interested in him - in case you forgot, the man in question did not drop from the sky and there are criminal laws in Nigeria - break them and you go to jail.

i will like to see how shocked you are when you discover a scenario like this.

waternogetemeny:

There is abortion for unwanted pregnancy, [b]her parents/family will
get the fetus murdered
and get u locked up in jail.

I will like to see people like u taught a lesson by igbo
families.[/b]
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by symbian123(m): 5:15pm On Apr 30, 2015
The average bride price of an Ibo girl is roughly 500 thousand Naira. And the average bride price for an Urhobo lady is just 200 naira. urhobo women are industrious, maybe not that beautiful, smart, hardworking to the core, very good in bed, FAITHFUL.. Wetin else I dey find? Lol grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Masquerade Exhibiting Powers Failed By His Juju As Bullet Penetrates - Oyo State / This Picture Of The Ooni Of Ife And His Wife Has People Talking / Salaries Of South-West Obas Before Independence (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.