Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,535 members, 7,958,646 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:39 PM

Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List (63626 Views)

Gorgeous Urhobo Bride From Niger Delta / Is This Bride Prize / Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by somegirl1: 5:19pm On Apr 30, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

And what about the boys whom have slept with you over the years for free? Why should I pay for another man's vomit?

I'm picky about who I engage in conversation on here.
From your comment, you don't seem to fit the bill. Apologies.
Perhaps the other lady would be willing to indulge you.

Best of luck.

4 Likes

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Xano(m): 5:20pm On Apr 30, 2015
edwife:
it's only 50.000 Naira or there is more? undecided
thank you. I've read some comments; some are hilarious, while some are unfortunate. In general, a good laugh.
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by easymanofdpeopl(m): 5:24pm On Apr 30, 2015
they have sold the girl self
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by dechandel(f): 5:31pm On Apr 30, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

My brother I spent more than #500,000... and that is because she worth it cool, she is brain and beauty, no amount of money can equal the value of my wife, her Law school fees alone don pass that money grin grin grin
cool cool cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Ghost01(m): 5:37pm On Apr 30, 2015
delishpot:

A wise feminist will increase that price. Even if dem dash una their daughters for free, men will still want to lord it over the "free gift".
If I was a woman(feminist) I will make the man pay double that price and will make sure all that money go straight to the wife's purse. Na she dey change name, na she dey care forbhome and na she world expect to Be submisive.
But o, come to think of it, if the woman was the one paying dowry to grooms all these while, and now they decide that the price is too much and they cant cope all these small boys crying blood will jump at women and call them lazy and wanting to challenge men by not wanting to pay Dowry.
Who cares if they change their names or not. Na wetin dat one dey add to the hubby?

As for the dowry, even in climes where the females are the ones who pay the dowry, many still view it as sexism against the females.

Events like dowry-payment, beauty pageant, and the likes, are in my view sexist.

The men organise boxing competitions for themselves and connive with some females to organise beauty pageants for the females. The former to showcase the strength of men, the latter to show how "sexy" the female are.

Am not making sense now, am I? But at least you get the gist.
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Turbocharged: 5:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
Itulah:

About N1.3M. White wedding expenses not inclusive.

BUT EVERYTHING U POSTED THERE IS NOT UP TO N300.000. WHERE IS THE 1.3M COMING FROM?

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by tolugar: 5:59pm On Apr 30, 2015
funstufz:
Abeg, u fit type am 'cos d list no dey display on my fone.

Tanx

Typing it will be like paying half of the money.

The earlier u don't know the better for u

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by tolugar: 6:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
Buhari will look into it. Am sure
#change
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by InvertedHammer: 6:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
/
I no talk am?

The list is always the problem.

I hear for Mbaise you go see Apple iPhone 6, Samsung galaxy, okada and four-bedroom house on the list sef.

This one na purchase of wife no be marriage.
\

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by stpat1(m): 6:12pm On Apr 30, 2015
hahhahhaah brotherly, I'm from Edo too and got married to an Imo (Owerri) babe. It seems their list must come to 5 pages. When I saw your list, it was like child's play sef, cos I'm still seeing hundred #'s in your list. Mine were all Thousands and no hundreds. All the same we don do am. Nothing dey happen, we still show them that all Edo princes are capable. cheesy wink

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by vivalavida(m): 6:19pm On Apr 30, 2015
matrixme:

I understand you're never reasonable people. Wait till a white man reads this to call your bluff.

You're one sad, inferior minded fellow and you have my pity!

Dumbo. Face ur basira,sikirat and monsurat
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by vivalavida(m): 6:27pm On Apr 30, 2015
stpat1:
hahhahhaah brotherly, I'm from Edo too and got married to an Imo (Owerri) babe. It seems their list must come to 5 pages. When I saw your list, it was like child's play sef, cos I'm still seeing hundred #'s in your list. Mine were all Thousands and no hundreds. All the same we don do am. Nothing dey happen, we still show them that all Edo princes are capable. cheesy wink

You are a real man. The kinda men igbos and imolites love to associate with. I hope my owerri sister is taking good care of u
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Emirofsambisa1: 6:27pm On Apr 30, 2015
matrixme:

Finally a reasonable reaction! I hope you know that the issue of late marriage of many igbo ladies is a prominent issue amongst the tribe. I wonder why many ladies should be denied their right to a happy life because of some repulsive tradition by people who are mostly after their stomach. I believe this among other reasons is what necessitated desperation of some otherwise hardworking people. (look at the ones that were recently killed in Indonesia). Marriage is timed, making money requires patience and endurance. These paths don't cross. Let's call a spade a spade.

Please if you don't know what to say, shut your traps. You don't insult another man's culture because you want to hide your ignorance. Delayed marriages is not culture or ethnic sensitive. Just as there are un married igbo girls, there are also unmarried girls from other ethnic group. I know a lot of people who are doing very well and are not married.... Priorities vary Mr man. Those that were killed in Indonesia doesn't make every young Igbo man a drug peddler
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by delishpot: 6:31pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ghost01:
Who cares if they change their names or not. Na wetin dat one dey add to the hubby?

As for the dowry, even in climes where the females are the ones who pay the dowry, many still view it as sexism against the females.

Events like dowry-payment, beauty pageant, and the likes, are in my view sexist.

The men organise boxing competitions for themselves and connive with some females to organise beauty pageants for the females. The former to showcase the strength of men, the latter to show how "sexy" the female are.

Am not making sense now, am I? But at least you get the gist.

I get the gist. But o, wont you mind if your wife keeps her maiden name? Only a few guys dont cry blood over this issue o. Before marriage they talk yakayaaaa and after marriage they sing a new song.
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by promixdavinci(m): 6:43pm On Apr 30, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Why is it your headache?
yes because it shld nt b so
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
B69U:

If anybody want cheap wedding go and marry from your place where the womans parents foot the wedding expenses, wat is pursuing them to Igbos?

See us see trouble Oooo for this fake geographical expression called Nigeria.

If Igbos no complain who come they complain?

Simply, marry from your place,(Six to Eight States to choose from) we dont want you to marry from us. It will not last.

Are you a graduate?
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by waternogetemeny: 6:57pm On Apr 30, 2015
teeowl:
1.) As long as she does not consent to abortion, her family cannot force her to do an abortion. If they do that, then it is equal to premeditated murder.
2.) As long as it is NOT rape, no police (or prosecutor) can lock a person in jail (prison) for getting a girl pregnant.
3.) Igbo families can't do anything to a man (of another tribe) when their daughter is interested in him - in case you forgot, the man in question did not drop from the sky and there are criminal laws in Nigeria - break them and you go to jail.

i will like to see how shocked you are when you discover a scenario like this.

Let us leave story, you are still a child.

I have told u the reality on ground. It will be becos u are from another tribe and a riffraff that they will abort the unwanted pregnancy and their daughter will go along with it, after that dey will relocate and monitor her, u will have no contact.

Y do u all run to igbos for marriage, is it becos they dont look after their daughters? No! It is becos they take proper care of them. Percentage of igbo baby mama is amongst the lowest in Nigeria.

Igbo tribe is not your yoruba tribe that girls have babies in their father house, our culture strictly forbid it.

Wat u intend is a crime and if they get u with the Police, u know the rest. Omo, dem go handle u like a local tout!

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Adesiji77: 7:19pm On Apr 30, 2015
In other news... cheesy

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by CountDracula(m): 7:21pm On Apr 30, 2015
Donpizzle:

evn if na genevieve self.........
Seriously even if na genevieve sef I no fit do all dis shii
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 30, 2015
it is obvious that you are uncultured tw.at. I suggested a short cut and you are throwing insults? It shows how st.u.pid you actually are. And don't flatter yourself you flat headed gorilla, so many of us don't really give a fvck about igbo people. Your ignorance is appalling - look at how you sound?

Quote me again and you would only confirm that you are a ba.stard child of a prostitute mother and an armed robber somewhere in prison.

waternogetemeny:

Let us leave story, you are still a child.

I have told u the reality on ground. It will be becos u are from another tribe and a riffraff that they will abort the unwanted pregnancy and their daughter will go along with it, after that dey will relocate and monitor her, u will have no contact.

Y do u all run to igbos for marriage, is it becos they dont look after their daughters? No! It is becos they take proper care of them. Percentage of igbo baby mama is amongst the lowest in Nigeria.

Igbo tribe is not your yoruba tribe that girls have babies in their father house, our culture strictly forbid it.

Wat u intend is a crime and if they get u with the Police, u know the rest. Omo, dem go handle u like a local tout!
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by breakeven: 7:53pm On Apr 30, 2015
ziego:
Abeg what is the total amount ?
7million. No wonder their girls boku everywhere no marriage. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by waternogetemeny: 7:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
teeowl:
it is obvious that you are uncultured tw.at. I suggested a short cut and you are throwing insults? It shows how st.u.p1d you actually are. And don't flatter yourself you flat headed gorilla, so many of us don't really give a fvck about igbo people. Your ignorance is appalling!

Quote me again and you would only confirm that you are a ba.stard child of a prostitute mother and an armed robber somewhere in prison.

I have quoted a bastard child of a prostitute. An uncultured riffraff who is not man enough to observe due process or respectful enough of women to seek their consent before getting them Pregnant.

It is not your fault, u are obviously the product of incest. Your mother was impregananted by her father and gave birth to u in her fathers house, that is where u got the idea to attempt to impregate peoples daughter so u can marry them without their parents blessing or consent.

Do u think such marriage last or ever works out good? If u do then u are even more of a daft than i thought.

Observe suvh cases and tell me your findings on the next thread. Mo.ron!
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by waternogetemeny: 8:06pm On Apr 30, 2015
For the girls, sex outside marriage or marriage becos u got pregnant is selling yourself cheap.

That man will never respect or value u from day1. Ur family will never be regarded from day 1.

Wen u get into trouble, u will be completely vulnerable and at his mercy from day 1.

Who do u call? Ur relationship started with physical/ sexual abuse and not the spiritual love that bonds two in marriage.

The marriage was not founded on love but circumstances, i pity women that sell themselves cheap.

Men love a challenge and value things that they wait or work hard to get.
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 30, 2015
Once again you have confirmed what I have always suspected, you are a confirmed bastard that has a damaged brain. Respectful enough of women? I am sure all your life you are always playing the mumu to women.

When a woman has consensual unprotected sex with a man, she knows the consequences? Seek their consents? Idi0t, having unprotected sex is already consent DUMB FOOL! cheesy you have confirmed how much brain damage you have... it seems when you mother abandoned you in a dumpster and a few pigs ate a considerable part of your brain...

Damn... i am ashamed to be exchanging words with a south eastern gorilla that happens to steal a phone... your inability to see real life is due to the fact that you were abandoned and raised on the street.

Seriously, your armed robber father must have been killed in the prison by firing squad and your mother, the wh.or.e of a woman made a mistake by keeping your alive... smiley does it make your blood boil that people of other tribes actually fvck your women and make them pregnant?

Whoa... you are a product of two useless elements that should not even exists... white knights for Igbo women... cheesy cheesy

Im.bec.ile... I am sure you have down's syndrome, sterile Igbo man! cheesy

waternogetemeny:

I have quoted a bastard child of a prostitute. An uncultured riffraff who is not man enough to observe due process or respectful enough of women to seek their consent before getting them Pregnant.

It is not your fault, u are obviously the product of incest. Your mother was impregananted by her father and gave birth to u in her fathers house, that is where u got the idea to attempt to impregate peoples daughter so u can marry them without their parents blessing or consent.

Do u think such marriage last or ever works out good? If u do then u are even more of a daft than i thought.

Observe suvh cases and tell me your findings on the next thread. Mo.ron!
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by waternogetemeny: 8:22pm On Apr 30, 2015
teeowl:
Once again you have confirmed what I have always suspected, you are a confirmed bastard that has a damaged brain. Respectful enough of women? I am sure all your life you are always playing the mumu to women.

When a woman has unprotected sex with a man, does she NOT know the consequences? Seek their consents? Idiot, having unprotected sex is already consent DUMB FOOL! cheesy you have confirmed how much brain damage you have... it seems when you mother abandoned you in a dumpster, a few pigs ate a considerable part of your brain...

Damn... i am ashamed to be exchanging words with a south eastern gorilla that happens to steal a phone... your inability to see real life is due to the fact that you were abandoned and raised on the street.

Seriously, your armed robber father must have been killed in the prison by firing squad and your mother, the wh.or.e of a woman made a mistake by keeping your alive... smiley does it make your blood boil that people of other tribes actually fvck your women and make them pregnant?

slowpoke... I am sure you have down's syndrome, useless Igbo man! cheesy

It is very important that u put your stupidity on display, as we have an audience, so they can see with their eyes, just how bad it is.

Does making a woman pregnant qualify a man? It is the ability to sustain a family that qualify a man.

Look here son, u still have a lot to learn about life, as u are completely empty and devoid of reasoning.

My advise to you, is to check yourself into the nearest mental asylum, otherwise people will roast you alive, if u fall into their trap.

A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by mulattoclaro(m): 8:26pm On Apr 30, 2015
shizzleStar:
That's to show you the quality of wife he went for, every reasonable man will go a reasonable length to wife a reasonable woman....that's what the op has done, and he is proud and happy about his choice and decision.

Such women are not meant for good-for-nothing, despicable iddiotts like you. Take your hate to an early grave....no one cares.
see this fool. Get lost you Harlot. Die already.
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 30, 2015
You are a sterile mother fvcker... after all your mother is wh.ore. Your inability to argue without adding insults shows you have a damaged brain. My initial post actually happens in real life, but your brain is just too damaged to realize that people think and act differently than you. You confirmed your stu.pi.dity by throwing the first insult in response to my comment - you never had a father and a mother to tell you that.

That is the definition of an uncultured tw.at. Continue with this kind of gorilla behavior and you would get killed and dragged on the street like an animal.

You lack reasoning when you cannot pick hole in argument without throwing insults. This is how you identify an imb.eci.le!

A more cultured Igbo man, would poke holes in my comment in a matured way... but you... NOOOOO... when your brain is damaged and you lack maternal and paternal care, you acted like a brain damaged gorilla and started throwing insults. Look back at your post and see who started the insults - st.u.pid Igbo bastard that has no life, looking for e-fights online.... cheesy

Impotent scum - get a life mother fvcker!

waternogetemeny:

It is very important that u put your stupidity on display as we have an audience so they can see with their eyes just how bad it is.

Does making a woman pregnant qualify a man? It is the ability to sustain a family that qualify a man.

Look here son, u still have a lot to learn about life, as u are completely empty and devoid of reasoning.

My advise to you is to check yourself into the nearest mental asylum otherwise people will roast you alive if u fall into their trap.
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by waternogetemeny: 8:32pm On Apr 30, 2015
teeowl:
You are a sterile mother fvcker... after all your mother is wh.ore. Your inability to argue without adding insults shows you have a damaged brain. My initial post actually happens in real life, but your brain is just too damaged to realize that people think differently than you. You confirmed your stu.pi.dity by throwing the first insult in response to my comment - you never had a father and a mother to tell you that.

That is the definition of an uncultured tw.at. Continue with this kind of gorilla behavior and you would get killed and dragged on the street like an animal.

You lack reasoning when you cannot pick hole in argument without throwing insults. This is how you identify an imb.eci.le! A more cultured Igbo man, would poke holes in my comment in a matured way... but you... NOOOOO... when your brain is damaged and you lack maternal and paternal care, you acted like a brain damaged gorilla and started throwing insults.

Impotent scum!

If only u know the kind of person u are talking to, na sir go dey commot for your mouth non-stop.

I hurt your feels, good, it was intended so.

U are now my b.itch, so cry bi.tch, cry! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:34pm On Apr 30, 2015
Freciprocal:
Paying the money is almost never an issue... She better be worth it or else...
Who's worth that criminalistic list excepts if the wife is a commodity, like car or yam?

They are breading laziness & poverty.
Last Bullet
I don't believe that list.
Its fallacious!
If any community is doing this, I ll say:
They should keep depending on bride price of their daughters to feed!
Raw Bush!

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by waternogetemeny: 8:34pm On Apr 30, 2015
teeowl:

The Manwhore is writing me a long epistle, like i give a fu..ck!

Ur just a whor.e to me, nothing more or less!

When i say Open and close, you say, yes sir!

Bit,ch! cheesy cheesy
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by xmich(m): 8:36pm On Apr 30, 2015
mulattoclaro:
Igbo? Why na?
Better thing na money killer am,if you cant afford it better stick to yours Nobi by force.
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 30, 2015
Hurt me.... smiley hurt me... smiley I enjoy bash stupid elements like you in my free time! In real life I would still call you a bas.tard. Are you not the house boy for a TV seller in one market? Everybody forms like chairmen online... when we all know your sorry case... surgery can't even fix your damaged brain.

Calling you back to your initial insult is to show you what the definition of uncultured means. Sir to a st.up.id Igbo by with no life! Mr "I must protect all the Igbo girls from being fvcked by other tribes".... cheesy you sound silly... how many girls would read your comment and stop fvcking their non-igbo boyfriends --- because of your damaged brain, you cant see real life.... cheesy

O... I forgot Sir damaged brain gorilla!

waternogetemeny:

If only u know the kind of person u are talking to, na sir go dey commot for your mouth non-stop.

I hurt your feels, good, it was inteded so.

U are now my bitch, so cry bitch cry!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why You Should Marry From Nsukka, Enugu State / Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband / 15 Top Rated International Musicians Of Yoruba Descent (Old and Contemporary)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.