Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,385 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List (62680 Views)

Gorgeous Urhobo Bride From Niger Delta / Is This Bride Prize / Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by mulattoclaro(m): 8:38pm On Apr 30, 2015
xmich:

Better thing na money killer am,if you cant afford it better stick to yours Nobi by force.
you shut up.
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 30, 2015
smiley u are just a sterile brain damaged gorilla that is annoyed that men from other tribes actually fvck his Igbo ladies.... cheesy ... are you angry that you can't get enough Igbo p.u.ss.ies and the non igbo men are taking them away... grin grin grin you need to try some Juju after all you sound like the kind of person that goes for that sort of rubbish... grin

PS: Calling a man a wh.ore is useless, that sort of insult only works for women. Your damaged brain cannot comprehend that. When a man can get a lot of ladies to have sex, he is actually called a Stud. St.u.pi.d gorilla doesn't even know that!

waternogetemeny:

The Manwhore is writing me a long epistle, like i give a fu..ck!

Ur just a whor.e to me, nothing more or less!

When i say Open and close, you say, yes sir!

Bit,ch! cheesy cheesy
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by xmich(m): 8:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
mulattoclaro:
you shut up.

Already done that,

but for the last time "better soup na money killer am"
No Vex
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by sunsky29(m): 8:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
kuuljay:
give am belle first,then the negotiations go easy for you grin grin grin
na dt one sure pass

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Felvet(f): 9:21pm On Apr 30, 2015
Itulah:

About N1.3M. White wedding expenses not inclusive.
You are a very big liar. Combining many list together just to achieve what?. If that wife of yours is beautiful as you said, and you adore her that much, you won't make noise about what you spent. N1.3M? Easy bros. Nothing like that in Imo, and bride price is by negotiation, its not written. Most families will give it back to you, while some will take a little and give back the rest. Some will not give back but add money to buy properties for the settlement of their daughter. The way you guys talk about Imo bride price as if it is do or die affair.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by mulattoclaro(m): 9:39pm On Apr 30, 2015
xmich:

Already done that,

but for the last time "better soup na money killer am"
No Vex
better soup from a tribe of thieves.
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by senoreetah(f): 9:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
Itulah correct the subject or topic, Egbu does not represent the whole imo state, am from enugu but schooled in owerri and married to in imo, so stop generalizing
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by princebaby(m): 9:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
Chia I don die my girl friend is from imo state ;DChia I don die my girl friend is from imo state

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Born2berich: 9:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
lawyer:
If you meet the right Igbo girl, you would do more to please her. My wife is from Imo and i would happily do it all over again x2 because she makes me happy and does not give me grief. Majority of the complainers here either have no money, have met the wrong Igbo girls that have jilted them or cheated on them. There are so many good Igbo girls out there, take your time to meet the right one and you wont regret it. Not all of them are Runs girls or Asawos that would put money first before anything. I was very lucky to meet mine and i almost gave up until God directed her to me. There is nothing prayers can't do if you truely desire Igbo women and their lifestyle.

Are you from Edo?
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by xmich(m): 10:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
mulattoclaro:
better soup from a tribe of thieves.
Bad belle,

My people BEWARE of them
'ndi ofenmanu'
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Miscellaneous(m): 10:56pm On Apr 30, 2015
Op, na all the village girls u marry? That list is endless. . . . Girls for sale. . lol

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Rexnegro(m): 12:25am On May 01, 2015
CountDracula:
Because of what? Na genevieve I wan marry?
Even genevieve list no long reach like dat...Lwkmdh hehehehehehehe

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Adeboyefa(f): 12:31am On May 01, 2015
Igbos are very shrewd businessmen.

Igbo man x non-Igbo lady = Igbo daughter. The father paid a small bride price but will collect a large one on each of his daughters. Igbo families with 5 sons and no daughters can't afford to pay so much money on Igbo brides and will advise them to marry outside the tribe.

Igbo lady x non-Igbo man = Non-Igbo daughter. The father paid so much on his wife but will get little money on his daughter.

Look before you leap. Consider your pocket before making a choice.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Bluemoon1(f): 2:35am On May 01, 2015
Segunj8:
Bro. Chibuzor always beat his wife Ugochi from Imo state to stupor. She ll pack nd leave but b4 u know it, she's back again. So I always wonder if she has no family and then I asked Obiora to explain, he told me if she go d family will refund d money he paid 4 her and since they can't she must endure.
Marry from dia nd u hv total control over her.

Actually, it's only bride price that is refunded. And most times bride price is not more than 20k.
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by stpat1(m): 2:50am On May 01, 2015
vivalavida:

You are a real man. The kinda men igbos and imolites love to associate with. I hope my owerri sister is taking good care of u

She dey try, but her strong head no get part 2 grin
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Segunj8(m): 6:37am On May 01, 2015
Bluemoon1:

Actually, it's only bride price that is refunded. And most times bride price is not more than 20k.

Are u sure? how could some1 be subjected to such treatment all cuz of 20k. Nawa ooo.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by santaandrea: 7:58am On May 01, 2015
Guy,all these list are jst list ask him if he settled all,they no dey finish marriage rites.like dey say in igbo"anahi alucha nwanyi alucha "a real igbo man will tell u dat

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by vivalavida(m): 8:29am On May 01, 2015
stpat1:

She dey try, but her strong head no get part 2 grin
Na all those small small strong head dey spice marriage up na.
Enjoy
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by harbarzzy(m): 9:20am On May 01, 2015
U don't expect to buy blackmarket so cheap..after dem don use body do ashewo finish..u still pay all dis? God forbid!
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by kannymoore(m): 3:50pm On May 01, 2015
FitnessNigeria:
Quality and Well trained women doesn't come cheap.

A friend of mine spent close to 1.5 million naira to marry from Abia state. I myself is budgeting close to the same amount for mine.

A good woman is scarce.

At the end, the money is much but wetin we go do? if we no gree marry them, another person go come marry them.

How the heck would a guy know whether his bride to be is of good quality when he hasn't even tasted/tested of her quality?!

Heck, a great many women's attitude change for the worse after marriage nowadays irrespective of her ethnicity such that their husbands are left scratching their heads and wondering what went wrong to deserve such!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Freciprocal: 5:41pm On May 01, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:

Who's worth that criminalistic list excepts if the wife is a commodity, like car or yam?

They are breading laziness & poverty.
Last Bullet
I don't believe that list.
Its fallacious!
If any community is doing this, I ll say:
They should keep depending on bride price of their daughters to feed!
Raw Bush!

So I thought at first... These are traditional things you MUST fulfil before getting married to her. So sad people are being exploited now.

It depends on the family, who am I to judge?
That's why I insisted she better be worth it cause I have seen families torn up just cos she couldn't meet up after the wedding.

Sometimes I wonder if this is the price we guys pay for keeping her (Based on the Low divorce rate statistics).

No family would want to return all these goodies you know! cheesy
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 01, 2015
Itulah:
This is to all intending Groom to be, I got married to my beautify wife last year November. I am from Edo State and she is from Egbu, Imo State.
Monetization of the 5 pages lists below was implemented to avoid stress.

Enjoy your view.

Everything there is more than 200,000 sad

I stopped counting at 200,000 sha. Dunno the total.
Wow......sad
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 01, 2015
Itulah:

O my god, I just saw the second list shocked
Are you kidding me?!?
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 01, 2015
I am from egbu(ofeuzor) but my own village list is different than this list,like serious(umuayalu village)list is too much..

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Ghost01(m): 10:02pm On May 01, 2015
delishpot:

I get the gist. But o, wont you mind if your wife keeps her maiden name? Only a few guys dont cry blood over this issue o. Before marriage they talk yakayaaaa and after marriage they sing a new song.
I wouldn't mind o. Not even sure I'd want to get married someday sef.

Besides it's just a name. The most important thing is to have a successful home.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by okotv(m): 12:24am On May 02, 2015
Only virgins deserve such. Once you have been penetrated with your consent, you dont deserve such.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by somegirl1: 7:25pm On May 02, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:

Who's worth that criminalistic list excepts if the wife is a commodity, like car or yam?

They are breading laziness & poverty.
Last Bullet
I don't believe that list.
Its fallacious!
If any community is doing this, I ll say:
They should keep depending on bride price of their daughters to feed!
Raw Bush!

Don't be ridiculous. How did they feed before the suitir came? Btw the giving isn't one-sided. In Igbo culture, the parents of the lady have to send her to her new home with gifts, mainly crockery and cooking equipment. Brides are now sent her off with the modern equivalent i.e kitchen white goods, appliances and furniture and much more depending on their parents' financial strength. Brides' parents have given cars, acres of land etc. to the new couple and haven't complained
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Ajibel(m): 5:07pm On May 03, 2015
And my boo is from Imo embarassed

1 Like

Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 05, 2015
Chai! Wetin? Na textbook?! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:03pm On May 10, 2015
somegirl1:

Don't be ridiculous. How did they feed before the suitir came? Btw the giving isn't one-sided. In Igbo culture, the parents of the lady have to send her to her new home with gifts, mainly crockery and cooking equipment. Brides are now sent her off with the modern equivalent i.e kitchen white goods, appliances and furniture and much more depending on their parents' financial strength. Brides' parents have given cars, acres of land etc. to the new couple and haven't complained
When lists like the ones the Op pasted are made public, its called exploitation!
Bride, grooms parent may be rich or poor, it no matter.
They can give the couples heaven and health, na their gift!
Ibos especially should stop their outrageous bride price as if their daughters are commodities like yam, pepper etc
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by Kavalier5(m): 3:13pm On May 10, 2015
You go fear list na.. if you ain't capable, no show our area! Bad belle is allowed.
Re: Imo State Mandatory Bride Prize List by somegirl1: 4:12pm On May 10, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:

When lists like the ones the Op pasted are made public, its called exploitation!
Bride, grooms parent may be rich or poor, it no matter.
They can give the couples heaven and health, na their gift!
Ibos especially should stop their outrageous bride price as if their daughters are commodities like yam, pepper etc

Are you saying it wouldn't be exploitation if it weren't made public?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Masquerade Exhibiting Powers Failed By His Juju As Bullet Penetrates - Oyo State / Salaries Of South-West Obas Before Independence (Pictured) / This Picture Of The Ooni Of Ife And His Wife Has People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.