Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,449 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. (15450 Views)

Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! / Atheism Is Frustrating. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:10pm On May 03, 2015
Purist:

Despite years of endless debating and educating people on this forum, it still amazes me to see a lot of folks ridicule the notion of scientific theories as though they are a mere guesswork. I can understand if such ignorance is peddled by people with no science background. What I can't forgive, however, is when self-acclaimed students of science don't prove to be any different. Even worse coming from someone who is so quick to inform us of his lofty achievements in the almighty WAEC, UME, and of course, the most prestigious of all, the Covenant University aptitude test.

For the umpteenth time, people...

Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess (i.e., unsubstantiated and speculative).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory

Understand the context before typing. Understand why I "bolded" it .

Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by plaetton: 10:12pm On May 03, 2015
Purist:

Despite years of endless debating and educating people on this forum, it still amazes me to see a lot of folks ridicule the notion of scientific theories as though they are a mere guesswork. I can understand if such ignorance is peddled by people with no science background. What I can't forgive, however, is when self-acclaimed students of science don't prove to be any different. Even worse coming from someone who is so quick to inform us of his lofty achievements in the almighty WAEC, UME, and of course, the most prestigious of all, the Covenant University aptitude test.

For the umpteenth time, people...

Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess (i.e., unsubstantiated and speculative).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory

You know what buddy?
When you think hard about this problem, you cannot put the blame too much on these kids.

Garbage in , garbage out is a fundamental rule of social engineering.

We have to put more blame on the system that puts soooo much garbage in minds of kids long before they begin to articulate thoughts of their own.

Western countries recognized this long ago, by yanking religion out of the public educational system.

This is one lesson from the west that we have yet to learn and imitate.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:14pm On May 03, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

I BELIEVE the word of God because of FAITH, I cannot prove it.

You cannot use scripture to prove God because the Atheist rejects scripture so WHY are you quoting it??

Beginning of life is another thread - but I believe (not prove) that is it part of Gods plan.

Not just the Joshua example. ALL of what you said claiming to be proof of God is just begging the question and is only accepted by those who ALREADY believe.

IF there exists a PROOF of God all rational thinking people would have no choice but to accept it! Then we would not need belief/faith because it would be reduced to, do you have the intellect to follow what would be basically a mathematical/physical equation. FAITH would be irrelevant and not even mentioned in the bible. Any fool can believe what is already proven.

I totally understand what you mean , but dont forget personal experiences and miracles . It could be questionable , but doesnt mean its not true
Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by Purist(m): 10:16pm On May 03, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

The context was very well understood, and you're fooling no one with your attempted revision.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:16pm On May 03, 2015
Purist:

The context was very well understood, and you're fooling no one with your attempted revision.
ok
Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by plaetton: 10:17pm On May 03, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

There you go again, for the third time I think, publicly quoting with cheerful eagerness, something for which you barely understand.

I can bet money that you did not read the entire article whose portions you highlighted above, let alone comprehending the full import of what ideas are being advance here.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:19pm On May 03, 2015
plaetton:

You know what buddy?
When you think hard about this problem, you cannot put the blame too much on these kids.

We have to put more blame on the system that puts soooo much garbage in minds of kids long before they begin to articulate thoughts of their own.

Western countries recognized this long ago, by yanking religion out of the public educational system.

Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:23pm On May 03, 2015
plaetton:

There you go again, for the third time I think, publicly quoting with cheerful eagerness, something for which you barely understand.

I can bet money that you did not read the entire article whose portions you highlighted above, let alone comprehending the full import of what ideas are being advance here.

Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by Purist(m): 10:26pm On May 03, 2015
plaetton:

You know what buddy?
When you think hard about this problem, you put the blame too much on these kids.

Indeed, we have a long way to go. Like you correctly noted, the system has to be reviewed some way. Since I moved to Europe, I have observed at great length the stark differences between the way kids are raised here and back home. Independence is perhaps the strongest focus - independence in thinking, in living, etc. I have yet to meet a Christian here who doesn't believe in the theory of evolution. Of course, being the religionists that they are, they have somehow managed to reconcile their beliefs with scientific realities as is often the case.

One thing is clear here though, you are allowed to nurse any beliefs no matter how ridiculous, but you can't expect to get away with publicly uttering nonsense. The other day a minister had to resign after she argued along religious lines against abortion.

3 Likes

Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by plaetton: 10:27pm On May 03, 2015
[quote author=KingEbukasBlog post=33391110][/quote]

Thank you very much for gifting me another stark example of the failure of critical thinking in an adult Nigerian person.

If your IQ was as good as your jamb score, lol, you would recognized that Cameron also visited mosques, Hindu temples, etc as part his campaign tour of minority communities to seek votes in the upcoming elections.

Again, you were to dumb to recognize what is so obvious, let alone figuring it out on your own.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:30pm On May 03, 2015
plaetton:

Thank you very much for gifting me another stark example of the failure of critical thinking in an adult Nigerian person.

If your IQ was as good as your jamb score, lol, you would recognized that Cameron also visited mosques, Hindu temples, etc as part his campaign tour of minority communities to seek votes in the upcoming elections.

Again, you were to dumb to recognize what is so obvious, let alone figuring it out on your own.

kingebukas[size=20pt]BLOG[/size]

Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by plaetton: 10:44pm On May 03, 2015
Purist:

Indeed, we have a long way to go. Like you correctly noted, the system has to be reviewed some way. Since I moved to Europe, I have observed at great length the stark differences between the way kids are raised here and back home. Independence is perhaps the strongest focus - independence in thinking, in living, etc. I have yet to meet a Christian here who doesn't believe in the theory of evolution. Of course, being the religionists that they are, they have somehow managed to reconcile their beliefs with scientific realities as is often the case.

One thing is clear here though, you are allowed to nurse any beliefs no matter how ridiculous, but you can't expect to get away with publicly uttering nonsense. The other day a minister had to resign after she argued along religious lines against abortion.

Well said.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:45pm On May 03, 2015
Purist:

Lol They are trying to accommodate fiction with reality .No bible believing Christian should accept evolution crap
GerogeI:

I do not even get your point, I already told you the bible says that every other thing was evolved, man is the only thing God sat down to make, and added a nature to him that was not of the earth, something alien in today's language.

Evolution is real, it happened, don't be over zealous is disputing something scientifically seen and biblically acknowledge. Just that while man might have also evolved, Evolution was not the origin of man. Man is an exception, and further "stagnant water@ was not the source of the seed of evolution, a creator was in charge.

You sound agnostic ... All I see in your posts is contradiction ...
1.Evolution took years and not days and in creation
2.Evolution denies the first cause , matter/substance already came in existence ... now the bible actually described the restoration of the earth as seen from Genesis 1 : 2 to wherever the act of creation stopped .

2b.The earth was created in Genesis 1 : 1 -- there is a great lapse of time between Gen 1:1 and Genesis 1:2 .This is the gap theory

2c. How God came about with the creation or making of the creatures before time in this gap theory was not clearly described in the scripture

2d.Every living thing that existed before the creation of Adam is called Pre-Adamic or existed in the "first earth" before Lucifer's flood

3.All God did in the story of creation is to restore all what he created/made in the gap theory and create and not evolve new ones in the young earth which is six thousand - 10,000 years old .See the age of the oldest tree for confirmation .

4.The passages you have listed were descriptions of the restoration process of first creations and not evolution of life other than man
KingEbukasBlog:

The gap theory exists between Genesis 1: 1 and Genesis 1:2
Evolution does not have a first cause bro . God created everything as seen in Gen 1:1 obviously ... John 1:3 , Eph 3 :9 and so on

First cause is God . Whatever you are describing isn't evolution . And you keep contradicting yourself in relation to paragraph 4 and 6 Much later in the day... ... and paragraph 6

Here are proofs that there are seven days of creation were 24-hour days
1.God made the light day and the darkness night . The day ended in the evening and the night started with the morning .(Genesis 1: 5,8,13 etc)
2.How will water cover the earth for millions of years before God dividing them in day 2 after He had made light ?
3.How did the earth lie desolate for millions of years before vegetation came forth ?
4.How will Adam be naming the animals millions of years before God created Eve?

All you are trying to do is accommodating evolution in the creation story and its a huge mess
Now let me give you this bullet =>>> what then accounts for fossils if not pre-adamic creation biblically . You saying evolution occurred for every other living thing except man . There are evidences of man's ancestor that lived millions of years ago. A 2 million year jawbone was auctioned recently .

Now here are proof of pre-adamic creation

1.Water from Lucifer's flood during the age of the first earth before its restoration explaining Gen 1:2b ... And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters .Water from where ?Lucifer's flood in the first age or Antechaotic Age . If this is untrue then the bible contradicts itelf as seen in Genesis 1 : 6, 7 and 9 where waters were mentioned

2.Man and nations were on earth when Lucifer ruled . This is seen in Isaiah 14 :12-14 , Jeremiah 4 :23-26 and my favourite 2 Peter 3 : 5-7 which says :

5 But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water.

6 By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed.

7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgement and destruction of the ungodly.

Ayayayaya !!! grin grin grin

3. The earth was not just flooded but covered with total darkness , the sun , moon and stars withrew their function causing all life in the pre-adamic world to die . This is seen clearly in Jeremiah 4 :23-26

23 I looked at the earth,and it was formless and empty;and at the heavens,and their light was gone.

24 I looked at the mountains,and they were quaking;all the hills were swaying.

25 I looked, and there were no people;every bird in the sky had flown away.

26 I looked, and the fruitful land was a desert; all its towns lay in ruins before the Lord, before his fierce anger.

Reply if you have any questions ... I'm kinda busy
Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by KoloOyinbo(m): 4:18pm On May 04, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I totally understand what you mean , but dont forget personal experiences and miracles . It could be questionable , but doesnt mean its not true

Good that you are seeing where the debate is coming from. Personal experiences are just that - PERSONAL and thus because of this (and of course their SUBJECTIVITY) cannot be offered as proof. And YES, just because we cannot prove some of them true does not mean that they are not.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by manmustwac(m): 7:57pm On May 04, 2015
@post
So if atheism is a religion what is the meaning of the word atheist? So there's no such thing as a non religious person is there?
Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by jayriginal: 8:45pm On May 04, 2015
plaetton:

I can see why you are mixing atheism with faith.
The trick word here is "believe".
You are either doing deliberately or ignorantly.

Christians and atheists do not use the word "believe" in the same context.

In Christianity, one needs faith to believe in a talking snake or talking donkey, or that a ho.r.NY holy spirit r.a.ped a virgin to beget the saviour of the world. You need FAITH to BELiEVE in that crap.
On the other hand, I do not need faith point out that a so- called spirit cannot have sexual urges, let alone intercourse, produce sperm to produce babies.
I Believe that is impossible, because it is not possible.

Like wise, if you BELIEVE that sun stood still for Joshua, that requires a lot of faith.
If I say that I BELIEVE it didn't and couldn't have happened, that requires on common sense based on personal observation and thousands of years of science.
So you see that "BELIEVE " in these two instances, are from two different frames of mind.

So, it is disingenuous of you to try to prove that the act of "Believing" for both Christian and atheist, portray the same mindset.

Why am I the only one to give this a like?

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by jayriginal: 10:22pm On May 04, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Not really. You are merely playing with words. I stand by my premise and see nothing to shake it except if we adopt your definition mixing agnostics and atheists together.

No Sir. He isn't playing with words.

Trusting my car will start tomorrow isn't faith, at least not in the real sense.

Believing that there is a God with such and such characteristics who wants us to do such and such is faith.

Even one who believes there is no God cannot be said to have faith and no religion can be made of that.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by jayriginal: 10:34pm On May 04, 2015
manmustwac:
@post
So if atheism is a religion what is the meaning of the word atheist? So there's no such thing as a non religious person is there?

Mod emeritus, that's for KoloOyinbo to address, not me.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:44pm On May 04, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Good that you are seeing where the debate is coming from. Personal experiences are just that - PERSONAL and thus because of this (and of course their SUBJECTIVITY) cannot be offered as proof. And YES, just because we cannot prove some of them true does not mean that they are not.

You right smiley . I stumbled on this article minutes ago wile blogging

Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by manmustwac(m): 10:53pm On May 04, 2015
jayriginal:

Mod emeritus, that's for KoloOyinbo to address, not me.
Actually it's him I want to answer my question
Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by KoloOyinbo(m): 3:41pm On May 05, 2015
manmustwac:
@post

Hi.

Do you know in Port Harcourt (Pitawaka) - the corner of Obasanjo Way and Worlu Street used to be called 'ManMusWack'! I used to stay in the Landmark hotel within 2 minutes walk of it!

Most people define Atheist as someone who does not believe in God. This is most usually extended beyond the Agnostic position to imply a belief that God does not exist.

I did not call Atheism a religion but merely suggested that while the Agnostic can rationally support their stance a Theist or Atheist both ultimately rely on FAITH in their position. In this they are much more similar than either side would like or care to admit.

I am a Theist but only admit to rationality in the Agnostic position. As a rational human I often joke that -

I pray to God to make me an Agnostic!
Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by KoloOyinbo(m): 3:43pm On May 05, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You right smiley . I stumbled on this article minutes ago wile blogging

Well this is QUITE the separate issue.

But what if EVOLUTION was Gods mechanism?

Lets keep that (please) for a different thread.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by KoloOyinbo(m): 3:46pm On May 05, 2015
jayriginal:

No Sir. He isn't playing with words.

Trusting my car will start tomorrow isn't faith, at least not in the real sense.

Believing that there is a God with such and such characteristics who wants us to do such and such is faith.

Even one who believes there is no God cannot be said to have faith and no religion can be made of that.

May I also state that I am NOT making a religion of Atheism - I did not create the thread or choose the wording.

My original premise was that to believe their is no God requires just as much a leap of FAITH as to believe there is a God. Only the Agnostic does not require FAITH.

MUCH of the discussion here has been because of people not being clear on the difference between Atheism and Agnosticism AND indded on the poor definitions we have seen of them.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by jayriginal: 4:41pm On May 05, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

May I also state that I am NOT making a religion of Atheism - I did not create the thread or choose the wording.

My original premise was that to believe their is no God requires just as much a leap of FAITH as to believe there is a God. Only the Agnostic does not require FAITH.

MUCH of the discussion here has been because of people not being clear on the difference between Atheism and Agnosticism AND indded on the poor definitions we have seen of them.

No Sir, it is not a case of poor definitions. If you will recall several days back that you would be hard pressed to find an atheist who says that there is no God.

If any definition is poor, its the one you adopt. While I can understand it, I have tried to clarify for you that that is not the essence of atheism and that people you define as agnostics ARE in fact, atheists. Agnostics (as you define them) do not believe in God.

Again, you stubbornly stick to your position so you can be able to say an atheist has faith but even if we accept your definition, I have asked a simple question which you havent answered. The question is if I trust that my car will start tomorrow morning, can I be said to have faith in that, the way a person is said to have faith in a God with defined traits and rules for worship?
Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by KoloOyinbo(m): 4:56pm On May 05, 2015
jayriginal:

No Sir, it is not a case of poor definitions. If you will recall several days back that you would be hard pressed to find an atheist who says that there is no God.

If any definition is poor, its the one you adopt. While I can understand it, I have tried to clarify for you that that is not the essence of atheism and that people you define as agnostics ARE in fact, atheists. Agnostics (as you define them) do not believe in God.

Again, you stubbornly stick to your position so you can be able to say an atheist has faith but even if we accept your definition, I have asked a simple question which you havent answered. The question is if I trust that my car will start tomorrow morning, can I be said to have faith in that, the way a person is said to have faith in a God with defined traits and rules for worship?

I know your definition, but almost every Atheist I have met denies the existence of God. It is only the agnostics that states they cant decide. I have found this worldwide and am happy that I am correct.

Why would you trust or mistrust your cars starting. Why is this even relevant?

Now FORGET ATHEIST/THEIST/AGNOSTIC for a moment

A - God exists but this cannot be proven
B - God does not exist but this cannot be proven

I accept 'A' without proof I need FAITH
I accept 'B' without proof I need FAITH

I say I cannot decide in the absence of evidence - I do NOT need FAITH.

Seems simple.

In fact so simple that I suspect that people are twisting things because they do not want to admit that the Atheist (MY definition) is every bit as irrational as the Theist.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:03am On May 06, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Well this is QUITE the separate issue.

But what if EVOLUTION was Gods mechanism?

Lets keep that (please) for a different thread.

I'l do that on Sunday - its called the pre-adamic creation . Fossils are not evidences of evolution instead they are of the pre-adamic world . Seriously Sir , I doubt the strength of belief of a Christian when he tries to accommodate evolution in the creation story . embarassed
Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by KoloOyinbo(m): 10:11pm On May 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I'l do that on Sunday - its called the pre-adamic creation . Fossils are not evidences of evolution instead they are of the pre-adamic world . Seriously Sir , I doubt the strength of belief of a Christian when he tries to accommodate evolution in the creation story . embarassed

LO! I doubt the understanding of any Christian who does not!
Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:31pm On May 06, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

LO! I doubt the understanding of any Christian who does not!

A quick one -

1.evolution says man evolved from beast , so our Lord Jesus Christ was an evolved beast or a product of evolution?
2.The bible clearly stated that we (men) are created in God's image , ET clearly denies that
3.ET also degrades God's image to a mere beast
4.It nullifies the idea of the Bible creation by God
5. It denies miracles , the supernatural and the bodily resurrection of Christ ... and I can go on and on

Sir , can you in any way or form present cogent reasons why Evolution should be accepted a bible-believing Christian ?
Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by KoloOyinbo(m): 11:21pm On May 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

A quick one -

1.evolution says man evolved from beast , so our Lord Jesus Christ was an evolved beast or a product of evolution?
2.The bible clearly stated that we (men) are created in God's image , ET clearly denies that
3.ET also degrades God's image to a mere beast
4.It nullifies the idea of the Bible creation by God
5. It denies miracles , the supernatural and the bodily resurrection of Christ ... and I can go on and on

Sir , can you in any way or form present cogent reasons why Evolution should be accepted a bible-believing Christian ?

OK different thread but:

One species evolves from another. It is NO Longer the first species.

Apes-animals at some point took the form of humans today (Homo Sapiens) through various stages (Neanderthal, Homo Habilis etc etc etc). At some point (so the BELIEVER considers) God grants a soul or call it what you will and we have MAN.

Where do you think a MAN is a different species? Is not the creation of evolution itself and the universe a miracle? And a much more intelligent and sophisticated one that the 'crash bang shazzam God is just a magician' simplistic view of the Fundamentalist minority.

The Bible is a theological and moral work. A divine MESSAGE is conveyed by HUMAN medium words, phrases and language constructs used by MAN so that it can be understood. It uses metaphore, it uses allegory etc. We do not take them as literal. When we speak of a parable what is the MESSAGE? Is it that a Good Samaratan actually existed or was a much more important point trying to be made?

Do you not think God realised that his message would not wait until we developed our science to a level to understand many of the processes involved? He gave us the message in a way to understand the moral and theological aspects. NOT as a scientific work.

God put man in a world where SCIENCE works and we know to be true. Why would he do things in one way and then allow the world to prove them false?

Of course not. That is why fundamentalism is for the less educated Christian.

Who are we to limit God as to how he creates things.

Many Christians believe in 'Intelligent Design' (I have seen a few different concepts of this).

I do have a request. As a former scientist for over 20 years AND a committed Christian AND someone with a tested IQ of 148 I get involved in this argument over and over and over and over for decades.

Fundamentalists will NEVER change nor be convinced BY ANY facts. It also does not matter. If you have FAITH you are saved. God welcomes all. Now how can a fundamentalist possible hope to convince anyone of non scientific untruths?

I am just too tired for this irrelevant argument.

What is the issue with God creating everything as the Scientist is revealing he actually did (As I believe God created the Universe and the scientific laws it follows he must be the ultimate scientist). He then revealed his nature and plan using allegory and metaphor in literature through the bible.

This is so simple - it allows us to understand God AND his CREATION.

The fundamentalist point of view sets out BELIEF against what is demonstrable and proven (Age of Earth, Universe etc) and convinces the less intelligent that a choice must be made between two opposites instead of a rather obvious fitting together of science and religion.

I also find fundamentalism a little at fault for putting people off so the debate is unpleasant for me.

Please just accept my point of view as legitimate for me. By all means open your thread and I may even on occasion pop in to make SHORT contributions - long would be wasted as the Fundamentalist is not equipped to understand the science or much more importantly to think with a mind both open AND CHRISTIAN.
Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:43am On May 07, 2015
Before I start analyzing , lets have a few things in mind
1. Evolution denies the first cause. The theory starts with matter being in existence . The theory is that all forms of life derived from gradual modification from simpler forms to a complex form.

2.Cosmic evolution has it that from lower units of matter ,came suns , moons , planets and universes after millions/billions of years

And damn it , I need to explain the pre-adamic world - cos this denies your accommodation of evolution in creation . Yes , creation means the action or process of bringing something into existence. But that process is not evolution .

Remember , God is a highly intelligent , supernatural and Supreme being - why should it take the Almighty millions and billions of years to achieve a perfect creation . Sir , this shows your idea of evolution limits God's supernatural powers

KoloOyinbo:

OK different thread but:

One species evolves from another. It is NO Longer the first species.

Genesis 1:21

21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

The bolded text when understood deeply , shuts down this claim

Apes-animals at some point took the form of humans today (Homo Sapiens) through various stages (Neanderthal, Homo Habilis etc etc etc). At some point (so the BELIEVER considers) God grants a soul or call it what you will and we have MAN.

1.Neanderthal, Homo Habilis are pre-adamic men

2.Genesis 1:26-27

26 “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

This was noted three times - man was created in God's image .

Genesis 1:31

31[b]God saw all that he had made, and it was very good[/b]. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

Another move by the bible to displace any accommodation of evolution . His creations were very good . Since they were good it shows they did not come from lower forms to achieve its present state

Where do you think a MAN is a different species? Is not the creation of evolution itself and the universe a miracle? And a much more intelligent and sophisticated one that the 'crash bang shazzam God is just a magician' simplistic view of the Fundamentalist minority.

Remember ,God is supernatural . Evolution , they say , is a natural process . He skipped this long boring process to bring forth his creation. If it's what you call magic then je comprends .

The Bible is a theological and moral work. A divine MESSAGE is conveyed by HUMAN medium words, phrases and language constructs used by MAN so that it can be understood. It uses metaphore, it uses allegory etc. We do not take them as literal. When we speak of a parable what is the MESSAGE? Is it that a Good Samaratan actually existed or was a much more important point trying to be made?

Do you not think God realised that his message would not wait until we developed our science to a level to understand many of the processes involved? He gave us the message in a way to understand the moral and theological aspects. NOT as a scientific work.

God put man in a world where SCIENCE works and we know to be true. Why would he do things in one way and then allow the world to prove them false?

Of course not. That is why fundamentalism is for the less educated Christian.

Who are we to limit God as to how he creates things.

evolution blatantly denies God "with evidence" . A evoutionist even said "it is clear that the theory of evolution is directly antagonistic to that of creation

Many Christians believe in 'Intelligent Design' (I have seen a few different concepts of this).

true

I do have a request. As a former scientist for over 20 years AND a committed Christian AND someone with a tested IQ of 148 I get involved in this argument over and over and over and over for decades.

very impressive sir smiley

Fundamentalists will NEVER change nor be convinced BY ANY facts. It also does not matter. If you have FAITH you are saved. God welcomes all. Now how can a fundamentalist possible hope to convince anyone of non scientific untruths?

I am just too tired for this irrelevant argument.

R1 Lol at facts . Some scientists who are atheist don't even see evolution both cosmic and organic as plausible . That's why some assert that the universe has no beginning and can lead to its demise (for cosmic). The theory of organic evolution also conflicts with spontaneous generation (the emergence of life from non-living matter) when claiming that life came from non-living matter through natural processes

My favourite questions on cosmic evolution :What were the initial conditions of the Big Bang? Do you have an answer KoloOyinbo?

...and Organic evolution : The missing links? Why do we have emotions , or intelligence or sense of speech ? why were lower animals left out ( mental , habitual , emotional abilities like ours ) during this process? How can millions of species come a single cell / single cells?

R2 one of the interesting aspects of life - debating on issues like this , sharing your opinions and learning from others whilst improving what you already know . Its fun na

What is the issue with God creating everything as the Scientist is revealing he actually did (As I believe God created the Universe and the scientific laws it follows he must be the ultimate scientist). He then revealed his nature and plan using allegory and metaphor in literature through the bible.

This is so simple - it allows us to understand God AND his CREATION.

The fundamentalist point of view sets out BELIEF against what is demonstrable and proven (Age of Earth, Universe etc) and convinces the less intelligent that a choice must be made between two opposites instead of a rather obvious fitting together of science and religion.

I also find fundamentalism a little at fault for putting people off so the debate is unpleasant for me.

Please just accept my point of view as legitimate for me. By all means open your thread and I may even on occasion pop in to make SHORT contributions - long would be wasted as the Fundamentalist is not equipped to understand the science or much more importantly to think with a mind both open AND CHRISTIAN

Ive seen something like this before but this is far better and I respect your opinion sir. I didn't abuse or insult , unlike the atheist (the rationalmind ... indeed)

Till Sunday , and you'd see what I mean .
Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by plaetton: 2:13pm On May 07, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

You keep going in circles repeating the very same false logic.

Let me give another example.
I learn a lot by observing how little children deal with simple issues.

Just last Sunday, I held out my closed palm to my 3yr old niece, and told her that there was a cookie in it.
She quickly pried open my palms, and behold, there was no cookie inside. With a dissapointed face, she looked at me and said, " no cookie".
I insisted that there was cookie inside my now open palm. She looked at it again, then looked at me again , a bit confused, the she shouted " No cookie".

She demonstrated that in as much as she wanted to BELIEVE me, had FAITH in me, yet she saw no cookie in my palm, therefore, she does not BELIEVE that I had a cookie in my palm.

This is basically analogous to the atheist's position on the existence of god.

Now, I want to ask you if you honestly believe that my 3yr old niece needed FAITH to boldly declare that there was no cookie in my palm?

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. by InesQor(m): 7:22pm On May 07, 2015
I see that intellectual mastur'bation into old socks of theology is still a thing in these parts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oyedepo's Gaffe And Mbaka's Greed By Deji Yesufu / Hope: Deeper Life December Retreat 2018 / Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.