Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! (16429 Views)

Atheism Is A Religion / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / Atheism Is A Mental Illness :charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 16, 2016
By 2025 there will be over 6,000,000 fewer atheist world-wide, that’s a loss of about 1,700 atheist a day over the next ten years according to a report on the status of Global Missions in 2014 by Gordon Conwell Theological Seminar.

I began researching this trend recently after watching this video from Zach Anner about Sunday Assembly, which is basically a secular/atheistic attempt at doing church!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feJ8GZIjwCo

More Atheist Want to Practice Religion

Zach’s video on Sunday assembly reveals a surprising aspect in atheism and secularism. It’s obvious that our atheistic friends want something more. They long for the relational element that most religions offer. Ironically they are trying to become more like their friends who believe in God but do it in a way that doesn’t require God.

These kinds of attempts to bring morality and religiousness into atheism are not new. All you have to do is study the history of the former Soviet Union and you will see how they tried to replace God with Lenin. You’ll also find that they tried to replace the Bible with the Communist Manifesto and other writings of Marx and Engels.

What we do know is that these attempts to make atheism religious never last, just like atheistic communism didn’t last!

Low birthrate

Atheism and it’s secular worldviews lack any real motivation for procreation and thus tend to have very low birth rates. Some ideas which atheists promote lend to this lowered birthrate such as: sterilization

Atheist are known for promoting programs that encourage voluntary and sometimes even compulsory sterilization.

Emphasis on education and career

They also emphasize science, education and careers as a very high value for the individual. These values tend to put off childbearing until much later in life unlike the view of Religion that advocates for a balance.

Abortion

Ironically abortion is an issue that many atheist have spent much of their life trying to promote but in the end it’s the millions of abortions that will kill off the atheist population!

Historic Atheistic Countries Changing

Our world is changing and many countries that used to be bulwarks of atheism have completely changed their allegiances. The most notable of these is the former Soviet countries.

It’s astonishing to realize that a country, where just 30 years ago you could be shipped off to the gulag for practicing your religion, now has a president who unashamedly talks about his faith and often is seen interacting with church leaders. Yes, I’m talking about Vladimir Putin, who not only claims to be a Christian but has taken a strong stand against issues like homosexuality.

Another country to consider is China which is considered to be an atheistic country, yet Christianity is booming there! Some even say that within 15 years China will be the worlds largest Christian nation!

Growth of Major Religions

We know that atheist aren’t reproducing physically but atheistic evangelists aren’t doing much for their cause either. According to the study by Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary all major religions are experiencing major growth.

The strongest per year growth is in Christianity 1.29%, Hinduism 1.38% and Islam 1.81%. This is opposed to a .03% annual growth of atheism and it appears that number is falling.

Survival of the Fittest

Ironically this is a question of survival of the fittest. As it turns out atheism isn’t the fittest for human survival and flourishing. Maybe that’s because God made man as a worshiper and gave him certain laws to live by. Turns out that societies who try to stick to at least a few basic Biblical principles do better and last longer!

Evangelism Is Changing

The death of atheism doesn’t mean that the church’s task in evangelism just got easier. What it means is it’s changing!

The Christian’s job is to communicate the gospel and in order to do that effectively we need to be aware of the major cultural beliefs around us. Much depends on where you live and what crowds you mingle with but I’m guessing you are coming up against atheism less and less.

Science, Theology and Philosophy Assasins

The truth of the matter is that Science, Theology and Philosophy are killing atheism. An investigation regarding the social phenomenon called atheism found that:

"Atheists have appealed to science in defence of their atheism since the first avowedly atheistic manuscripts of the mid seventeenth century. However, as the German expert on atheism Winfried Schroeder has shown, the relationship between early modern atheism and science tended to embarrass rather than strengthen the fledgling atheism's case." - "Atheism and Science" Investigating Atheism project - Cambridge and Oxford.

Likes Attract

Atheism only attracts those who are attracted to bad behavior. Some psychologists call this the "Misfit syndrome." Remember in elementary school; there was always that kid that had to be naughty for some reason? He or she had to always get attention? Remember that he/she found pleasure in bullying, asking the teacher stupid questions or making smart remarks?

Well, this is the typical atheist of today who can be found online and in these "Reason Rallies." They are adults with this kind of naughty child's mentality. They feel that mockery and abuse are the means to spread "reasons." This horrific understanding of reason and persistence in using uncivil means to argue is one of the reasons why atheism is dying out. Since atheists lack "reason" to support their claims, then they must rely on aggression in order to get attention.

Atheism is dying and is on life support which would soon be unplugged and frankly it would not be missed.

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 16, 2016
kingebukasblog Hardmirror Stephendamsoho , EyeHateGod , FearGodAndLive , LenyCool, Kevoh , Deicide , 4kings , aaronson, ColdHardTruth, Richirich713, thoniameek, anas09, Tufanja, elantraceey, Plaetton , ilovetheline, JackBizzle, Kay17, AgentOfAllah, Ayomikun37 , hahn , sonOfLucifer , frank317, Johnydon22, muskeeto , Decker , PastorAIO , ValentineMary , Pyrrho , braithwaite , dragonEmperor , theonejabulani , lepasharon , cloudgoddess , ifenes , Hopefullandlord , brigance , stephenmorris , thehomer , dalaman , Ranchhoddas , CAPSLOCKED , lilbrown007 , Elohim1, RaphieMontella , Weah96 , SirWere , sonofluc1fer , Stephendamsoho OLAADEGBU, KingEbukaNaija, ceeted, Chidexter, lezz, analice107, bxcode, Topeakintola, UyiIredia, Tellemall, vooks, Ishilove, sukkot, gatiano, mrpresident1, Drefan2, Strawman, dazzle101, Dejideji1, Farmerforlife, muafrika2, 4evergod2, udysweet, Edelweiss44, honourhim, kilo4sure, lordnicklaus, mabea, AlphaDex, felixomor, pidggin, 4everGod1, Adrenaline123, seun lalasticlala Kaycee7, frank317, Edek27, Jokerman, winner01, Goddys Contact17, naijababe, Ranchhoddas, Omooba77 Wilgrea7 henrimoto jammy12, winner01, seun, cloudgoddess

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 16, 2016
Oga Seun Wouldn't Like This News

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 16, 2016
walcruise:

grin grin grin grin Research is his friend. He is free to refute this. However the figures and general consensus never lie.
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Kalatium(m): 7:04pm On Nov 16, 2016
walcruise:
Hehehe... I don argue with am tire o
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by theoneJabulani(m): 7:27pm On Nov 16, 2016
Lol, atheists are attracted to bad behavior? Change in evangelism tactics? There is only one thing dead here and its the article.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 16, 2016
theoneJabulani:
Lol, atheists are attracted to bad behavior? Change in evangelism tactics? There is only one thing dead here and its the article.

There is nothing to be ashamed about if you had said you chose not to understand the OP.

You can carry out a private research using the micro Atheist family here on NL to find out how birds of a feather flock together. Plus evolving evangelical tactics have won over more Atheists worldwide than ever before. Its no fault of ours that your very foundation is caving in around you.

If you have your own empirical data to refute the OP with then drop it here and stop laughing at your ignorance. Go on and reveal it to us...I would love to see this conclusive data of yours.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by raphieMontella: 7:36pm On Nov 16, 2016
theoneJabulani:
Lol, atheists are attracted to bad behavior? Change in evangelism tactics? There is only one thing dead here and its the article
thank you!

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

thank you!

Birds of a feather even in the face of truth they still go against the grain. lol wink

3 Likes

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Edenoscar(m): 7:40pm On Nov 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

thank you!

cool cool cool
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by raphieMontella: 7:42pm On Nov 16, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Birds of a feather even in the face of truth they still go against the grain. lol wink
you have no truth man...
Your article is a dead one!.,..and thats a compliment!
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 16, 2016
raphieMontella:
you have no truth man...

Ad Hominem first class...Shocker shocked shocked shocked shocked

So show me where the lies are. If i have no truth where are they? You could have at least first presented your own truth then based on that you can then declare mine as false but did you do that?

Ad hominems are not very pretty bro. Its a low blow when caught like a deer in a spotlight. grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by raphieMontella: 7:56pm On Nov 16, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Ad Hominem first class...Shocker shocked shocked shocked shocked

So show me where the lies are. If i have no truth where are they? You could have at least first presented your own truth then based on that you can then declare mine as false but did you do that?

Ad hominems are not very pretty bro. Its a low blow when caught like a deer in a spotlight. grin grin
oya point out my ad hominems?
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

oya point out my ad hominems?

you have no truth man...

See the bolded. You went personal without proof. You call that what? Oga i am still waiting for your counter evidence that i have no truth.

3 Likes

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by raphieMontella: 8:17pm On Nov 16, 2016
naijadeyhia:

See the bolded. You went personal without proof. You call that what? Oga i am still waiting for your counter evidence that i have no truth.
naijadeyhia:

can i say you went personal first?
Ad hominems come in play when it is directly linked with the argument..
We are on an offshoot..
Im not a logical fallacious person cheesy..

theres nothing to refute in your article...the article is dead..

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

can i say you went personal first?
Ad hominems come in play when it is directly linked with the argument..
We are on an offshoot..
Im not a logical fallacious person cheesy..

theres nothing to refute in your article...the article is dead..

LMAO so now you are no longer birds of a feather? You are both Atheists so flock together on auto mode. I never knew you were an article doctor. If you have nothing else to say you can kindly move on.

3 Likes

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by hopefulLandlord: 8:26pm On Nov 16, 2016
lol
someone doesn't even know what ad hominem means
no wonder he put together such a DOA thread

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by oaroloye(m): 8:37pm On Nov 16, 2016
Actually, Atheism is on Anabolic Steroids and Cocaine- and is not going away any time soon.
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
lol

someone doesn't even know what ad hominem means

no wonder he put together such a DOA thread

As always with nothing meaningful to say. This thread really is a wake up call aint it? Truth be told your kind are going extinct and pretty soon you just might be the only one sitting on that cold hard bench eating a sandwich.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by hopefulLandlord: 8:41pm On Nov 16, 2016
naijadeyhia:

As always with nothing meaningful to say. This thread really is a wake up call aint it? Truth be told your kind are going extinct and pretty soon you just might be the only one sitting on that cold hard bench eating a sandwich.

coming from someone who doesn't know what ad hominem means?

must be true
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by hopefulLandlord: 8:42pm On Nov 16, 2016
oaroloye:
Actually, Atheism is on Anabolic Steroids and Cocaine- and is not going away any time soon.

sir, can you elucidate on that?
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 16, 2016
oaroloye:

The cocaine and anabolic steroid known as atheism must be some weak stuff if after centuries justt makes up 2 to 5% of world populatio and steadily declining. Just like how cancer-stricken ‘atheist’ David Bowie found God in his final weeks of life.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

coming from someone who doesn't know what ad hominem means?

must be true

I suggest you watch that video and observe the apparent struggle atheists are having. The struggle is real but so is God
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Karlovich: 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2016
by 2025 Jesus will still be c*mming soon

4 Likes

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 16, 2016
Karlovich:
by 2025 Jesus will still be c*mming soon

Common thats just 9yrs from now and not 900yrs, Imagine loosing 6billion members in just 9yrs. I would want Jesus to tarry so more can come to know him or are you in a hurry to become worm food especially since you believe your life ends here.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:58pm On Nov 16, 2016
@ naijadeyhia

Superb article

Atheism also has a lower retention rate compared to other worldviews . Researches have revealed that atheism is nothing but a transitive state for many individuals . In the US , only 30 percent of those who grew up in an atheist household remain atheists .

China as an atheist state is intolerant of religious beliefs and practices , totally verboten but Christians keep proliferating and it is projected to become the world's most Christian nation :

The Soviet Union was a communist state and after it collapsed , the population of atheists in those countries that made up the Soviet Union plummeted , its currently insignificant .

Researches also revealed that most atheists can't say with certitude that God does not exist . Even Richard Dawkins said : I can't be sure God does not exist . So I ask this ornery man , if you can't say with certitude God does not exist , why launch polemics on those who acknowledge the existence of God ? Same goes to every atheist on this forum . Most of them are in their youth , like I noted , atheism is a transitive state in their lives, when they get older they'll surely go back to God or subscribe to other worldviews ( facts buttressed this claim ) cool .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by theoneJabulani(m): 9:00pm On Nov 16, 2016
I don't even know how the op saw sense in his article
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by theoneJabulani(m): 9:04pm On Nov 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
@ naijadeyhia

Superb article

Atheism also has a lower retention rate compared to other worldviews . Researches have revealed that atheism is nothing but a transitive state for many individuals . In the US , only 30 percent of those who grew up in an atheist household remain atheists .

China as an atheist state is intolerant of religious beliefs and practices , totally verboten but Christians keep proliferating and it is projected to become word's most Christian nation :

The Soviet Union was a communist state and after it collapsed the population of atheists in those countries that made of the Soviet Union plummeted , its currently insignificant .

Researches also revealed that most atheists can't say with certitude that God does not exist . Even Richard Dawkins said : I can't be sure God does not exist . So I ask this ornery man , if you can't say with certitude God does not exist , why launch polemics on those who acknowledge the existence of God ? Same goes to every atheist on this forum . Most of them are in their youth , like I noted , atheism is a transitive state in their lives, when they get older they'll surely go back to God or subscribe to other worldviews ( facts buttressed this claim ) cool .
Mr, no sensible atheist will ever say "l know God does not exist"
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
@ naijadeyhia

Superb article

China as an atheist state is intolerant of religious beliefs and practices , totally verboten but Christians keep proliferating and it is projected to become word's most Christian nation :

The Soviet Union was a communist state and after it collapsed the population of atheists in those countries that made of the Soviet Union plummeted , its currently insignificant .

My brother 80% of the Atheists here on NL see this place as where they can hide and claim to be professors and physicists and people who have wined and dined with Albert Einstein simply because the forum has no age verification checks and is faceless.

Indeed Atheism is transitive with them as i see it personally as their age of rebellion as youths so yes they do have a low retention rate.

Na look and laugh i just dey do most times when i read their king kong threads. Hopefulllandlord is a typical example of one of those who cannot say for certain that God does not exist. Ask him and he will say I DONT KNOW. The guy is just trying to play safe..he wants to quickly shift his allegiance when absolutely necessary so fear is not allowing him to go full blown atheist. lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 16, 2016
Well, what's the PURPOSE of this thread, if I may ask
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by hopefulLandlord: 9:06pm On Nov 16, 2016
This OP has no point but I'll book this space and blast every imaginary point its tryna make IF it makes FP

because I know mods have a habit of pushing topics like this to FP
Re: Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2016
theoneJabulani:
[b]Mr, no sensible atheist [/b]will ever say "l know God does not exist"

So what would you call Seun who does not believe God exists? You dey fear?

If you say no sensible atheist would ever say God does not exist then why attack those who believe He does? Are you confused?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Do You Fight An Ancestral Python Spirit? / Top Richest Christian Artists In The World And Their Net Worth / Why Do We Pray, Since God Already Knows Everything?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.