Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,191 members, 7,815,153 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Monkey Arrested For Attacking Three Kids In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Monkey Arrested For Attacking Three Kids In Lagos (703 Views)

Fayose Shares Cheese Balls To Kids in Ekiti After They Shouted "Oshoko" (Photos) / Boko Haram Displays Arms Captured After Attacking Yobe Town - Terror Monitor / Rivers APC Labels State Deputy Governor “Modern Judas” For Attacking Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monkey Arrested For Attacking Three Kids In Lagos by OKDnigeria: 3:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
Lagos – The three children who suffered serious
injuries following an unexpected attack by a
monkey in Illado, Ikorodu, Lagos, are receiving
treatment at the Shallom Hospital in the area, the
Police in Lagos said on Thursday.

The children, attacked on Tuesday, are eight-year-
old girl, Funmilayo Gbadegeshin, two siblings Roda
and Emmanuel Alombo.

Eyewitnesses said that the monkey is owned by
one Mrs Daniel, popularly known as “Iya Ibeji’ who
also resides in Illado also.

Mr Babatunde Oyesola, one of the residents, who
said he witnessed the incident, said that the
monkey left the owner’s house and went into the
Gbadegeshin’s home.

It attacked Funmilayo right in the parents’ home as
she just returned from school.

He added that after the she was rescued and was
rushed to a nearby hospital the monkey moved to
another house belonging to Mr Alombo to attack
Roda and Emmanuel.

The children had just returned from school also.
Oyesola said that neighbours on hearing the shout
of the girl, felt she was being scolded by her older
sister.

“The incident happened at about 4.30 p.m. when
the children had just returned from school.
“I heard Funmilayo shouting and crying, so, I felt
her sister was beating her for something she did,
but when the cry did not stop, I decided to check
what was happening myself.

“When I got there, I saw blood all over the place
and saw a monkey jumping out from the window
but because of what I saw, I had to save the girl
first.

“We noticed that the vein on her right hand has
been cut off and the bloo
d was seriously rushing
out of it,’’ he said.

Oyesola added that while Funmilayo was being
attended to in the hospital, other children who
were attacked by the monkey too were rushed in.
Another eyewitness, who pleaded anonymity, said
the monkey had been attacking people in the area
and that necessary precautions had not been taken
by the owner.

The victim’s father, Mr Mojeed Gbadegeshin, who
was away when the incident occurred, said he was
called from work that the monkey had attacked his
daughter.

“When I got to the hospital, I met a crowd and I
was asked to go inside and see the state the
monkey left my daughter.

“Afterwards the owner of the monkey came without
uttering a word of sympathy and she only left with
the monkey,’’ he said.

Gbadegeshin said that a report was made by well-
wishers in the area to Igbogbo Barracks Police
Division.

The police were said to have arrested the monkey
and its owner.

Confirming the arrest, the Lagos State Police
Command’s spokesman, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, said
the owner and the monkey were already in
custody.

“One of the children was badly injured and the
other two were mildly injured but they are
currently being treated.

“Also, necessary precautions will be taken to check
such attacks by animals reared by people in
communities.

“Necessary tests will be carried out on the children
to ensure that the monkey is a healthy animal and
that the children are free from any form of
disease,’’ he said. (NAN)

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/monkey-attacks-three-kids-in-ikorodu/
Re: Monkey Arrested For Attacking Three Kids In Lagos by SHARIAREPORTERS: 3:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
I s l a m
Re: Monkey Arrested For Attacking Three Kids In Lagos by jascon1(m): 3:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
Na to sentence the meat for ore na. Make travelers see travel package
Re: Monkey Arrested For Attacking Three Kids In Lagos by madridguy(m): 3:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
Pardon the poor monkey abeg..
Re: Monkey Arrested For Attacking Three Kids In Lagos by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
just cut the monkey and cook angry
Re: Monkey Arrested For Attacking Three Kids In Lagos by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 30, 2015
EroticAngelina:
just cut the monkey and cook angry

I'm hungry..

Meanwhile.

Flat mates needed. Call: 08170255773
Re: Monkey Arrested For Attacking Three Kids In Lagos by iykebesbt1(m): 4:01pm On Apr 30, 2015
Some months ago,some folks would ve attributed this unruly attack to APC.. Still wondering where the _hell they are now...nonsense!
Re: Monkey Arrested For Attacking Three Kids In Lagos by danbrowndmf(m): 4:26pm On Apr 30, 2015
PDP at work again.cheesy.sad
Re: Monkey Arrested For Attacking Three Kids In Lagos by frainc(m): 4:30pm On Apr 30, 2015
Gets up 7 a.m in the morning, sleepwalks into the kitchen, grabs something to bite on... His phone's battery is down; picks up his charger and leaves home in search of power to charge his phone. He visits all the salons, even while charging, he's on the phone, Chatting! Chatting! Chatting!!

The phone eventually power up to 30% after 2hrs of ineffective charge due to usage, he hangs the charger around his neck and with great joy, heads back home.

Without removing his shoes or sandals he cruises into the
living room, doing what? Chatting... Before long, the battery gets drained, he leaves home yet again to another barbing salon...

Nightfall; not really satisfied, he returns home say... around 9 p.m, and by 2 am, the charged battery is completely depleted...

*this circle continues daily and meanwhile this dude/sis is supposed to be a potential doctor....... Indeed many youths are captives of technology, all they do is charge -- discharge, Charge -- discharge, charge --discharge, moving about with charger! (Thank God for PowerBanks)

Some young people actually believe without their phones they'll die, some get suicidal tendencies when they have a low battery, SOME CAN GO TO BURIAL JUST TO CHARGE UP!!

You want to be a doctor (doesn't matter if you're a ''Jambite'') can't you start reading medical related books?... It's either one of these or even all:

1: You're chatting with your friend from a saloon where you're charging your device.

Spoiler: he's replying you from his office in KPMG.

2: Or you're chatting with your equally jobless friend discussing and arguing over Ronaldo's red card or GEJ's loss at the polls.

Spoiler: GEJ has accepted defeat, Ronaldo will be back... both men doesn't even know you exist!

3: You're chatting with your supposed girlfriend.

Spoiler: She's replying you from another dudes bed..(Nigerian ladies are the most unfaithful in the world according to research)

4: Most celebrities/people claim they don't chat; rather they reply messages, so that's the norm now..

Spoiler: nothing oh... I just dey laugh u.

5: You're chatting with a total stranger?

Spoiler: Wetin u wan hear? Keep wasting your time.

6: (I know you have more; you're the one with the chat doctorate)

Brov/Sis, this your condition no be your village peeps oh... Leave prayer, You're your own looming nightmare...

Ågbaya, Understand that what you spend your time doing is what you become. Nobody gets food on his/her table because he's a great chatter...

Forget the phone, think-ignite your future... At 18/22 you think you're still a kid?? I bet that 60 year old man/lady who hawks pure water on your street used to think the same...

Speak your mind, you're free to do so!!!..

(1) (Reply)

Buhari May Not Last Long With Nigeria / Obasanjo And Tinubu On Collision Course / Advantages Of Being A Student Politician

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.