Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,698 members, 7,820,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses (2087 Views)

My Sick Husband Wants Me To Be Having Sex Elsewhere / Man In Court, Says Wife Must Refund N1.4 Million He Spent To Marry Her / Man Orders Wife To Refund N1.4 Million He Spent In Marrying Her In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by ijustdey: 3:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
Lagos – A middle-aged-man, Collins Nduka, on Thursday pleaded with an Ojo Customary Court in Lagos State to order his wife, Sefinat Nduka, to refund N1.4 million he spent in marrying her.
Collins told the court that his wife, whom he married three years ago, had decided to abandon her matrimonial home for more than a year.
“I would want a refund of the amount that I spent as marriage and dowry expenses because she has become unfaithful.
“My wife is not faithful to the marriage because she has other relationships apart from me and I no more love her. After all, she has not given birth to any child for me.
“The most painful thing is that she has parked all my belongings in my house to an unknown place in addition to her emptying my shop which I stocked with over N750,000,” he said.
According to him, the three-year-old marriage is being threatened and every bit of her action portrays her as someone no longer interested in the union.
“I invited my friends from outside the country to make the marriage an expensive one and after it, she wants to leave me for another man, I need my dowry so she can be free,” Nduka said.
He pleaded with the court to dissolve the marriage and order Sefinat to return his belongings which she allegedly parked away and money to him so that he could continue with his life.
Sefinat, who was absent in court, had earlier told the court that she did not cart away her husband’s property as he had alleged.
She, however, said that she was ready for the divorce.
The President, Chief Joseph Ogunmola, while advising the husband on the dangers of divorce, instructed that the respondent be invited to the court.
“The court does not dissolve any marriage except in extreme cases, we need the consent of both parties before judgment so she must be invited, “he said.
Ogunmola, therefore, adjourned the case to May19 for further hearing. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/husband-wants-wife-to-refund-n1-4m-marriage-expenses/
Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by ijustdey: 3:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
A middle-aged-man, Collins Nduka, on Thursday pleaded with an Ojo Customary Court in Lagos State to order his wife, Sefinat Nduka, to refund N1.4 million he spent in marrying her.

Igbo and their expensive marriage ceremony.....
Now the lady don waka after you have spent such a huge amount of money
Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by dre11(m): 3:57pm On Apr 30, 2015
The guy reasons that spending such a huge amount of money will buy him love....

Now he is asking for refund of the money spent
Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by cococandy(f): 4:00pm On Apr 30, 2015
Lol. Return ko.
The only money they owe him is the bride price and his property if she really carted them away.

Was the wedding feast for her alone?
So she should refund him the money he spent on entertaining his friends from abroad?

Funny guy.
Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by Ahmed0336(m): 4:00pm On Apr 30, 2015
ijustdey:

no derail this thread Abeg
Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by Merlissa(f): 4:02pm On Apr 30, 2015
Return why

He too should return ............................
Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by SAMBARRY: 4:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
cococandy:
Lol. Return ko.
The only money they owe him is the bride price and his property if she really carted them away.

Was the wedding feast for her alone?
So she should refund him the money he spent on entertaining his friends from abroad?

Funny guy.
in addition every business is risk. Some succeed while others fail grin

Apparently the woman eye still dey outside grin

maybe she wants to be adventurous grin

Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by dre11(m): 4:06pm On Apr 30, 2015
Stolen:
This thread is invalid becos only yoruba men are commenting on them.

The igbo men seem fine with the Bride Price arrangement.

For igbos marriage is a very serious affair and not childs play.

Yorubas want to use marriage as pretence to date igbo girls and then later move on. That is the only way for them.

The Bride Price means they cannot divorce their wife and go after another igbo family becos the thing will get expensive.

Igbo guys are not complaining becos they don't have this agenda and intend to marry only one, so no expenses as every body spend on their wedding.

My advice to the yoruba tribe is to stop planning evil for the igbos tribe, u have ur women to marry and divorce as u like be happy and content with that and leave evil.

U are trying to degrade igbos and avoid a cost, that wont happen as it will be costly to u.

Igbo girls only became ashawo wen a select few started accepting marriage proposal from very rich yoruba familyl, before that they were not ashawo.

I can tell u that the real ashawo of Nigeria are yoruba women, they have the highest rate of baby mama and divorce rate in the country.

I know too many yoruba baby mama.]

Come here and eat your words
Bloody hypocrite........ And ethnic bigotry

1 Like

Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by ijustdey: 4:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ahmed0336:
no derail this thread Abeg
how did I derail Mr.... I was drawing inference from what did happen
Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by Islie: 4:14pm On Apr 30, 2015
“My wife is not faithful to the marriage because she has other relationships apart from me and I no more love her. After all, she has not given birth to any child for me.

That's always the excuse when one wants to end a relationship......

"She is unfaithful, she has other lovers, she can't cook, she is like a log of wood in bed etc...

Anyway, its better since there is no child in the marriage

2 Likes

Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by Islie: 4:16pm On Apr 30, 2015
Merlissa:
Return why

He too should return ............................

Return what
Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by adanduka: 4:32pm On Apr 30, 2015
Was he forced to spend the money?
Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by jmoore(m): 5:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
Nkpu atago ego gi. Ota go ya, ta ya pia pia.

1 Like

Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by Dera25(m): 5:25pm On Apr 30, 2015
It is really painful after spending such amount for a girl and the marriage later hit the rock. Oh! God should please save us o
Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by smvinreal(f): 5:57pm On Apr 30, 2015
This is serious o
Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by ijustdey: 6:20pm On Apr 30, 2015
lalasticlala FP
Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by stunningjudy(f): 8:00pm On Apr 30, 2015
ijustdey:

Is Sefinat an Igbo name? Every time Igbo this Igbo that angry

1 Like

Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by yhusiee(f): 8:18pm On Apr 30, 2015
stunningjudy:

Is Sefinat an Igbo name? Every time Igbo this Igbo that angry
I think Sefinat is an Hausa name. If what I think is true, then I have to say that I am not suprised; how on earth did an Igbo man decide to marry an Hausa woman in the first place?
Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by sniperr007(m): 9:34pm On Apr 30, 2015
ijustdey:

Sefinat doesn't sound like an ibo name?
Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by ijustdey: 10:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
sniperr007:

Sefinat doesn't sound like an ibo name?

yep.... but the guy is Igbo and believes that spending such a money means he has married a good wife...

that's why I said Igbo and their expensive wedding
Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by sniperr007(m): 10:27pm On Apr 30, 2015
ijustdey:

yep.... but the guy is Igbo and believes that spending such a money means he has married a good wife...

that's why I said Igbo and their expensive wedding

Doesnt justify ur comment. Most Ibo guys I've met complain abt d bride price and if possible, try to reduce it to d lowest minimum.
Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by Jman06(m): 10:43pm On Apr 30, 2015
yhusiee:

I think Sefinat is an Hausa name. If what I think is true, then I have to say that I am not suprised; how on earth did an Igbo man decide to marry an Hausa woman in the first place?
What's wrong in marrying Hausa women
Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
Voice mail!
Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by Temismith(f): 10:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
grin error! that guy is on a long thing. na 1 chance he enter so.
Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by ijustdey: 11:06pm On Apr 30, 2015
sniperr007:

Doesnt justify ur comment. Most Ibo guys I've met complain abt d bride price and if possible, try to reduce it to d lowest minimum.

but I always thought the the higher the price..... the more responsible the lady will be.....

I did made the comment after reading the words from a moniker (stolen)
Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by sniperr007(m): 10:20pm On May 02, 2015
ijustdey:

but I always thought the the higher the price..... the more responsible the lady will be.....

I did made the comment after reading the words from a moniker (stolen)

Depends on family and d culture of dat village. But some pple use qualities like education,beauty to set price sha but its NT a standard.
Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by 4stylz: 9:36am On May 04, 2015
I always advice people to sign a pre-nup before marriage; you will be shocked how women easily change as if you are a complete stranger and I wonder where did the love go
Re: Husband Wants Wife To Refund N1.4m Marriage Expenses by KanwuliaJara: 2:03pm On May 04, 2015
See unnecessary stress! undecided
The 'tribe' the monkey-man came from says it all!
Instead of counting your losses and moving the heck on. . . .the mumu is still spending money to drag case!
Everything must be about money because if you BUY WOMAN. . . YOU DON BUY CHRISTMAS GOAT!
Glad the woman escaped! kiss

(1) (Reply)

Brand New LG Washing Machine For Sale ( Still In The Carton) / Are Working Women Bad Mothers? / I Buy And Convert Any Type Of Gift Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.