Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,266 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Russia Snaps Photos Of Top Secret US Spysats - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Snaps Photos Of Top Secret US Spysats (1217 Views)

Yemeni Group Hacks Saudi Gov’t, Releases Thousands Of Top Secret Documents / Saudi Arabia’s Top Secret Leaked / Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia Snaps Photos Of Top Secret US Spysats by Appleyard(m): 4:44pm On Apr 30, 2015
Washington has become extremely paranoid about a series of rare images of its Lacrosse spy satellites (# 2,3,4 and 5), which were recently released by Russia.
The US is trying to find a reason why Russia has disclosed its images of secret Lacrosse US spy satellites.
It is busy guessing what the actual reason behind the disclosure is; while it continues to think it might be a way for Russia to challenge what the US sees as its “space advantage”, a more likely answer comes from Germany: it’s simply a way “to show that Moscow is aware”.

Former CIA analyst Allen Thomson has compiled and analyzed the shots captured by Russia’s Altay Optical Laser center somewhat between 2005 and 2010.
The existence of the Lacrosse terrestrial radar imaging reconnaissance satellites, operated by the US National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), was not officially confirmed for a long time, its existence was declassified only in 2008.
Lacrosse satellites use synthetic aperture radar as their prime imaging instrument. It is able to see through cloud cover and its gaze also has some ability to penetrate soil.
The name Lacrosse is used to refer to all of these orbital spycraft, while there is another name, Onyx, which is sometimes used to refer to the three newer units.
Five Lacrosse spacecraft have been launched, and three are currently in orbit.
© fas.org
US spy satellite
“The [released] images contain enough information (range, angular scale) to perform a bit of technical intelligence (i.e., sophomore high school trigonometry) on the radar antenna size, which is a significant parameter affecting capability,” Thomson said, as quoted by the US media.
“Why did the Russians release the images? The US is highly paranoid about releasing resolved images of spysats, ours or others. The Russian paranoia is at least as great, so how did these images get out? What was the purpose?” Thomson questions.

“The images themselves seem to be mostly just a curiosity,” he supposed. “But perhaps they underscore the growing visibility and the corresponding vulnerability of US space-based assets.”
Then Thomson however supposed that it might be a way “to respond to our [their] space advantage”, citing Gil Klinger, a defense intelligence official, who testified at a 2014 House Armed Services Committee hearing on US national security space activities.
Klinger then said that the US asymmetrical advantage in space "also creates asymmetrical vulnerabilities”.

The answer came from the German news site Deutsche Wirtschafts Nachrichten, which supposed that it is a way to show that “Moscow always knows what the US is up to”.

Two elephants at war.
Re: Russia Snaps Photos Of Top Secret US Spysats by vislabraye(m): 4:53pm On Apr 30, 2015
America always up to one mischief or the other. But i know Russia can't be outsmarted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Snaps Photos Of Top Secret US Spysats by NeduLuiZ(m): 4:56pm On Apr 30, 2015
Putin is one badass ni.gga grin

1 Like

Re: Russia Snaps Photos Of Top Secret US Spysats by smvinreal(f): 5:30pm On Apr 30, 2015
I just know that when you think you are so smart someone some where is smater than you

1 Like

Re: Russia Snaps Photos Of Top Secret US Spysats by Appleyard(m): 7:47pm On Apr 30, 2015
vislabraye:
America always up to one mischief or the other. But i know Russia can't be outsmarted.

Thats true, brother. Both sides are checkmating one another on multiple fronts. Just when you think this one is losing there, its up somewhere doing something else to counter.

But our prayers is that it should not lead to the extent of pressing that ''N'' button, because i see madness and paranoa lurking behind close doors.
Re: Russia Snaps Photos Of Top Secret US Spysats by Missy89(f): 7:01pm On May 01, 2015
Appleyard, where is your source?
Re: Russia Snaps Photos Of Top Secret US Spysats by Appleyard(m): 7:51am On May 02, 2015
Missy89:
Appleyard, where is your source?

Hey, Missy, where have you been? Missing you and Sirshymexx on important thread as this.
Well, here is the link, but know that you will never find it in the numerous western obsessed media goons.

http://defence.pk/threads/say-cheese-russia-snaps-photos-of-top-secret-us-spysats.372915/

Or should we say 'just another rumour' from the putin fan boys, my dear Missy89?

Pls oblige me your thought on this.
Thanks.
Re: Russia Snaps Photos Of Top Secret US Spysats by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 02, 2015
More like Russia, telling yanks. we did it, go do your worst

1 Like

Re: Russia Snaps Photos Of Top Secret US Spysats by bonechamberlain(m): 3:43pm On May 02, 2015
this is the country Jonathan should have been wooing to free Nigeria from the hands of America, British, the north and obj with his cabals. he wanted to do it alone. he never understood how politics is played. Putin continue giving those scavengers headache

2 Likes

Re: Russia Snaps Photos Of Top Secret US Spysats by Appleyard(m): 11:09pm On May 03, 2015
bonechamberlain:
this is the country Jonathan should have been wooing to free Nigeria from the hands of America, British, the north and obj with his cabals. he wanted to do it alone. he never understood how politics is played. Putin continue giving those scavengers headache

You can say that again and again.
The cluelessness of Jonah at times choke me. Thank God he is going back to the creeks.

1 Like

Re: Russia Snaps Photos Of Top Secret US Spysats by Missy89(f): 5:53pm On May 04, 2015
Appleyard:

Hey, Missy, where have you been? Missing you and Sirshymexx on important thread as this.
Well, here is the link, but know that you will never find it in the numerous western obsessed media goons.

http://defence.pk/threads/say-cheese-russia-snaps-photos-of-top-secret-us-spysats.372915/

Or should we say 'just another rumour' from the putin fan boys, my dear Missy89?

Pls oblige me your thought on this.
Thanks.

Work.!

Have you seen the T-14 Tank? cool eh?

1 Like

Re: Russia Snaps Photos Of Top Secret US Spysats by Appleyard(m): 9:34am On May 07, 2015
Missy89:

Work.!

Have you seen the T-14 Tank? cool eh?

Yeah! I saw a picture of it somewhere on the net. Men! That piece of iron is a smart one, and even some military analysts have dubbed it the ''king of the sand.''

that is one hell of a machine.

(1) (Reply)

Trump Halts US Funding To WHO For ‘mismanaging COVID-19 Pandemic’ / Taliban Of Islamic State Of Afganistan Now Have These Toys / U.S. Military Personnel Comfort Infants In Kabul, Afghanistan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.