Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,154 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App (UPDATED) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App (UPDATED) (963 Views)

Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again / Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App / Pls Help Can't Download or update apps frm Playstore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App (UPDATED) by saasala(m): 6:11pm On Apr 30, 2015
So I was reading this thread, "Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App"..Here and I thought the OP gave wrong reasons why one shouldnt keep or download much Apps.

This is my own reason(s) why much apps shouldnt be kept on your phone:

Downloading this apps keeps you busy with absolutely nothing. I am not saying you shouldnt dwonload apps, but too many of them will take your precious time. While you are chatting with someone on BBM, another message is waiting for you on Whatsapp, while typing, you remember there is this soccer record you want to break, then you move to a spider man game, and the circle continues like that till you realize you have wasted precious time achieving nothing. You have limited time to think about your life, you are too busy chatting and playing games. I have a play station I play once in a while, so why download 12 other games on my phone.

Okay, I am an example. I use an Android phone, Infinix Hotnote, and I dont have a single game on it. The only chatting app I use is Whatsapp, and guess what, I have not used whatsapp in about 1 month now because I am not happy with the state of my finance and success, I want to achieve more, I need to think of ideas rather than spending time chatting with friends who would add no value to me.

I also notice that people tend to chat and talk about unnecessary things with friends. If I find it important to keep in touch with a friend, I just dial his number, speak for at most 10 minutes and thats it till another day. Chatting him up on BBM or Whatsapp everyday will make us talk about one olosho he combed lastnight or one girl on his street he is planning to sleep with. I aint gat time to for those. I would rather spend time refreshing Nairaland frontpage for topics that will add value to my life and keep me updated.

Yeah, for romance, its still reasonable to chat, but not to the extreme. Chatting has made us jettison the emotions we feel in our voice when we speak with that one we love. I would rather chat with her a little, then speak with her on phone and spend some quality physical time with her.

Well....what else,....hmmm, thats all for now

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App (UPDATED) by Geenickel(m): 11:34pm On Apr 30, 2015
.wetn op.de.talk?
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App (UPDATED) by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 30, 2015
I don't Blame you

I blame the mods that allow silly people to create useless thread

hisssss
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App (UPDATED) by lanre316: 6:34am On May 01, 2015
You should have named this "How whatsapp and BBM is wasting my time and my life" I have plenty productive apps and I don't waste unnecessary time with chatting apps. I no even get the time cos I'm busy with my job.

So OP, you problem is not plenty apps. But lack of responsibility and self control to manage the time wasted on unnecessary chats.
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App (UPDATED) by saasala(m): 7:28am On May 01, 2015
lanre316:
You should have named this "How whatsapp and BBM is wasting my time and my life" I have plenty productive apps and I don't waste unnecessary time with chatting apps. I no even get the time cos I'm busy with my job.

So OP, you problem is not plenty apps. But lack of responsibility and self control to manage the time wasted on unnecessary chats.

Now, thats what I am saying, you are busy with your job. Do you know how many guys have become jobless or comfortable with joblessness cos of the amount of time they spend on apps?
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App (UPDATED) by saasala(m): 7:32am On May 01, 2015
Gejpresident:
I don't Blame you

I blame the mods that allow silly people to create useless thread

hisssss
Your name oozes cluelessnesss
Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App (UPDATED) by lanre316: 7:47am On May 01, 2015
saasala:

Now, thats what I am saying, you are busy with your job. Do you know how many guys have become jobless or comfortable with joblessness cos of the amount of time they spend on apps?

I get your points now. I just read again what I wrote earlier and I realised it was bit too blunt/harsh. I apologise for that.

You're right, all those plenty apps are a distraction. The ones we really need are not up to 25% of what we install. The rest we can do without and still be productive. Are we not communicating with our friends before whatsapp and facebook and bbm came. Or do really need to play all those games on our mobile phone?

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Download Or Keep Much App (UPDATED) by saasala(m): 11:32am On May 01, 2015
lanre316:

I get your points now. I just read again what I wrote earlier and I realised it was bit too blunt/harsh. I apologise for that.

You're right, all those plenty apps are a distraction. The ones we really need are not up to 25% of what we install. The rest we can do without and still be productive. Are we not communicating with our friends before whatsapp and facebook and bbm came. Or do really need to play all those games on our mobile phone?

Thanks for seeing this from the same prism as mine.

(1) (Reply)

OPSSON Probs. / The New Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Pro To Be Announced On November 24th / Gionee To Launch New Smartphone With Double Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.