Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again (58019 Views)

4 Situations You Should Never Use Your Phone / 6 Reasons Not To Use Your Phone In Bed At Night / 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by jchima14: 9:50pm On Mar 30, 2016
After Reading This You Will Never Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again [THE SUMMARY]

Sometimes we all take a phone into the toilet. But it is a very dangerous habit! You can expose yourself and others to germs like salmonella, E. Coli and C. “If you wipe your bum then pick up your phone, you may as well not bother washing your hands because all the bacteria you put on your phone will end up back on your hands,” hygiene expert Dr. Lisa Ackerley told.So what we all should do? Dr. Ron Cutler, director of biomedical science degrees at Queen Mary’s University London, said: “Basically, you just shouldn’t (take your phone into the toilet) if you are at all concerned about the transfer of viruses and fecal contamination.” He said that levels of contamination vary widely depending on where the toilet is. A small office may not be a problem, but a hospital or a cruise ship where viruses may be circulating are different.

Remember, viruses transfer not only by hands. It is the main way, but not the only one. “Spray could travel around six feet from the flush,” Dr. Ackerley said. That’s why you shouldn’t leave your toothbrush close to the toilet and put your phone down on the toilet roll holder or any shelf that might be there. By the way, germs could survive up to a couple of days on your phone! “Phones heat up a little bit giving bacteria a nice warm environment,” Dr. Ron Cutler said. “If people handle sweets and leave a sticky coating on the phone, that’s an even better place for bacteria.” So don’t forget to wash your hands with soap and water and leave the phone in your bag before visiting the toilet!

SOURCE: http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/news-categories/health/item/6519-after-reading-this-you-will-never-use-your-phone-in-a-toilet-again

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by sorextee(m): 10:07pm On Mar 30, 2016
Story for the gods. undecided who has observed that there's always a stronger signal in the toilet. My toilet get socket, nd a newspaper shelf. Wen I need a quiet time, I just go there. Read my newspaper, while my fone is playing music. cheesy God punish E.coli. Thunder fire salmonella typhi/paratyphi. undecided

PS: I DEDICATE THIS FTC TO ME AND OTHERS CELEBRATING THEIR BIRTHDAYS TODAY grin HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US ALL. LLNP

385 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by Mistermamus(m): 10:07pm On Mar 30, 2016
Ok oh
Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 30, 2016
Can't remember my last time in the gents without my phone!!

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by Mikylopez(f): 10:47pm On Mar 30, 2016
funny enuf dahs d only quiet place in my house....i go der to tink.....

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by ifex370(m): 11:03pm On Mar 30, 2016
%80 of great ideas come from the toilet... grin grin

except you poo in a pit undecided then your screwed cheesy

99 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by BlackOnassis(m): 12:32am On Mar 31, 2016
you are talking about toilet when e coli, shigella and salmonella are growing on people's beards cheesy. next time u see a bearded person, swab the beard and culture it. u will be surprised.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by gudluckgreat(m): 2:16am On Mar 31, 2016
Mikylopez:
funny enuf dahs d only quiet place in my house....i go der to tink.....

lol

Mikylopez go sabishit wella

Knockout!!. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by judey1992(m): 2:37am On Mar 31, 2016
abeg who get popcorn?

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by Warlord3000(m): 3:39am On Mar 31, 2016
Sounds theoretically believable but doesn't mean I won't still use it inside there o wink

3 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by Abbeyunique2(m): 4:55am On Mar 31, 2016
Sh.it only = 5minutes.

sh.it + newspaper = 25minutes.

sh.it + phone+ music= 45minute

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by JudgeWilson(m): 5:15am On Mar 31, 2016
Am guilty of dis act. Anyway, I aways watch my hand with soap anytime I use d toilet
Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by harrysterol(m): 5:47am On Mar 31, 2016
telling me not to go to the toilet with my phone is like telling me not to eat, as a matter of fact i'm typing this from the toilet sef

43 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by DaVinChiSam(m): 6:38am On Mar 31, 2016
Hmm.
My toilet is where I read 80per cent of... Ehem... Of Nairaland topics...
Guess where this post is made from now...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by Temihatz(m): 6:59am On Mar 31, 2016
MTN Signal in my toilet is exceptional. I concentrate more and I usually have enough time to check all NAIRALAND's UPDATES (FP, TRENDING TOPICS, NEW TOPICS, etc).

So trust me, I didn't read any part of OP's post tongue

One more thing: I Just typed this from my toilet Seat aka Hot Seat angry

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by MiztaSanchez22(m): 7:45am On Mar 31, 2016
D toilet, Conserving network signal since inception......so pls dnt tel me shit wen i'm shitin,mhen, it makes d shit unshitable.

4 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by donshady(m): 8:25am On Mar 31, 2016
it's 8:26am and I am posing this from my toilet.... ;Dit's 8:26am and I am posing this from my toilet....
Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by jmoore(m): 9:16am On Mar 31, 2016
It is called multitasking.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by TheArchangel(f): 10:32am On Mar 31, 2016
Depends on the toilet.
What about this throne.?
Inspiration overload is bound to occur here

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by Rapsowdee01(m): 10:36am On Mar 31, 2016
All those network carriers are not alright at all !!!! They decided to put all the signal strength in the toilet you are na telling me Abule story !!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by adorablepepple(f): 1:07pm On Mar 31, 2016
Toilet browsing rocks

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 31, 2016
undecided
Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by Fairgodwin(m): 1:10pm On Mar 31, 2016
I am guilty as charged!
About time I made some adjustments.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by VickyRotex(f): 1:10pm On Mar 31, 2016
Funny enough, I just had same discussion with a friend yesterday.

This E-Coli is spreading so fast.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by Hemanwel(m): 1:11pm On Mar 31, 2016
Person wey dey sh.it nor dey laugh!

BTW:

A friend of mine in the Universty had this as his project topic: 'Prevalence of E. coli And Other Microorganisms On The G.S.M Handset'.

OP,you may not be far from the truth you know,going by the results of his lab experiment.

But then, when you take your phone to some Conveniences like the ones posted above,you will have no other choice than to agree with me that "there are exceptions to every rule".
Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by seyema(m): 1:11pm On Mar 31, 2016
I always get the best network in the toilet
Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 31, 2016
Na only God dey safe you know the kind fight when dey happun spiritually everyday? If persin start dey reason like this life go just pass you by

5 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by Integrityfarms(m): 1:12pm On Mar 31, 2016
Na Today?? Make I miss NL FP when am in the toilet! E no work especially when sweet potatoes like politics is on the FP!!

Researcher should go and sit down. Gerrarahere Mehhhn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by midehi2(f): 1:12pm On Mar 31, 2016
grin
Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by lifezone247(m): 1:12pm On Mar 31, 2016
sorextee:
Story for the gods. undecided who has observed that there's always a stronger signal in the toilet. My toilet get socket, nd a newspaper shelf. Wen I need a quiet time, I just go there. Read my newspaper, while my fone is playing music. cheesy God punish E.coli. Thunder fire salmonella typhi/paratyphi. undecided
Gbam!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by ERONX(m): 1:13pm On Mar 31, 2016
There was a time my phone fell into the school closet in Highschool embarassed
Re: Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again by yomalex(m): 1:13pm On Mar 31, 2016
Chai

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Slot And Its Phenomenal Response / New Method Of Stealing Phones From A House Exposed (Video, Photos) / GSM Subscribers To Pay More For Data From Dec.1 (1.5gig To Be N3000 Now)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.