Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,698 members, 7,820,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) (48169 Views)

Linc Vs Yul, Who Resembles Pete Edochie More? / Iyanya's Girlfriend Freda Stuns As Kcee,Others Perform At His Album Launch(Pics) / Genevieve Nnaji & Pete Edochie In Epic Selfie (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by airmark(m): 7:22pm On May 01, 2015
NgwaManNaija4LF:
Purely and proudly Igboman till death.

But I don't know why some people hate ngwa people. They said you guys are dangerous. You can do the unexpected.
Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 7:31pm On May 01, 2015
airmark:

But I don't know why some people hate ngwa people. They said you guys are dangerous. You can do the unexpected.

No bro,they do not hate us,but they fear us. Reasons, we produced the first military head of state in Nigeria,Abia state. Secondly, we don't consider fake igbos plus we don't have respect for fools. Dangerous?...Yes because we don't give a fucck about what other Igbos think. We are simply brave and heart of Igboland.
Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by LordCenturion(m): 7:51pm On May 01, 2015
Costa2000:

Taaa Mechie onu ijiji eme febagi na onu, Nkwo Igbo Ukwu oma na ofu onye abiaghi afia.

Olori buruku aburo oloshi, ko ni da'fun'e, iku mapa'e lojiji ni, waa sun, o ko ni Ji mo,

ASE

1 Like

Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by Duru1(m): 8:10pm On May 01, 2015
Divineluv14:

I miss him too but was he an Ibo man?

If he was born, raised, fought the Nigeria/Biafra war as Biafran and buried in Igbo land, he was an Igbo man. May the soul of Sam Loco Efe rest in perfect peace.
Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by Duru1(m): 8:17pm On May 01, 2015
Radoillo:

He was a fluent Igbo speaker; he cut his teeth in the Igbo-language film genre (with movies like 'Taboo', 'Unforgiven Sin', the 'Osuofia' series, etc).

But he was actually Bini.

He was born in Enugu and raised in Enugu and Abakiliki. He fought Nigeria/Biafra war as a Biafran. After the war, he moved to Lagos and came back to Enugu. He knew Igbo land more then Edo.

2 Likes

Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by Duru1(m): 8:20pm On May 01, 2015
zendy:

Her real name is actually Stella Ojukwu but her family changed their name to Damasus during the Biafran war because it was dangerous to have that surname then. She is Delta Igbo
She is Igbo not the freaking Delta Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by Ihuomadinihu: 9:12pm On May 01, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Where? Is there a movie or clip I can watch them speak? I have seen Genevieve, Stella and Rita speak. I would love to see Uti Nwachukwu and OC Ukeje speak.
Oc Ukeje 's written Igbo is quite good,so i will assume he speaks igbo well. Uti Nwachukwu speaks igbo on Jara,and he told me he is more fluent in his native ukwuani dialect.
Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by Ihuomadinihu: 9:37pm On May 01, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

well, I have watched the rest except oc ukeje
Try and watch OC,he is definitely one of the best out there. And he has won numerous awards for his talent.

1 Like

Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by Ihuomadinihu: 9:38pm On May 01, 2015
NgwaManNaija4LF:

No bro,they do not hate us,but they fear us. Reasons, we produced the first military head of state in Nigeria,Abia state. Secondly, we don't consider fake igbos plus we don't have respect for fools. Dangerous?...Yes because we don't give a fucck about what other Igbos think. We are simply brave and heart of Igboland.
Which military head of state kwa?
Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:50am On May 02, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Oc Ukeje 's written Igbo is quite good,so i will assume he speaks igbo well. Uti Nwachukwu speaks igbo on Jara,and he told me he is more fluent in his native ukwuani dialect.

isn't uti from agbor?
Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by bigfrancis21: 7:24am On May 02, 2015
Duru1:

He was born in Enugu and raised in Enugu and Abakiliki. He fought Nigeria/Biafra war as a Biafran. After the war, he moved to Lagos and came back to Enugu. He knew Igbo land more then Edo.

He featured in Igbo language movies of the 80s and 90s such as in Nneka the pretty serpent (as Tony's father). And in several Igbo language movies years before his death. He was a good actor.

I know several non-Igbo Igbo language speakers (Ibibio, Edo, Yoruba, Hausa etc.) and we need to see more and more of these people in Igbo language movies. There are a lot of them out there.

2 Likes

Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by Nobody: 7:27am On May 02, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

isn't uti from agbor?

Aboh, actually.
Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by Ihuomadinihu: 9:15am On May 02, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

isn't uti from agbor?
From Aboh,kwale.
Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by Ihuomadinihu: 9:23am On May 02, 2015
Some people are still nursing grudges from other threads,sha. Is that how Igbo land will grow and develop,lol. O di egwu!
Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by Nobody: 9:26am On May 02, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Aguiyi-Ironsi
Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by Ihuomadinihu: 9:30am On May 02, 2015
Radoillo:

Aguiyi-Ironsi
Mba nu,Ironsi is from Umuahia.
Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by Nobody: 9:35am On May 02, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Mba nu,Ironsi is from Umuahia.

Oh. I thought what he was saying was that Abia produced the first military head of state. Now that I've gone through the comment he was responding to, I see he meant Ngwa specifically. My bad. You are right. Ironsi wasn't Ngwa. He was from Umuahia.
Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by Ihuomadinihu: 9:51am On May 02, 2015
Radoillo:

Oh. I thought what he was saying was that Abia produced the first military head of state. Now that I've gone through the comment he was responding to, I see he meant Ngwa specifically. My bad. You are right. Ironsi wasn't Ngwa. He was from Umuahia.
That's right.
Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by Nobody: 10:35am On May 02, 2015
[quote author=baybeeboi post=33287986]who are they?
Never heard of them here in Yemen[/quote
nah isis and bokoharam u know.anyway i guess u posted this from una pit toilet for ajangbadi.kudos ride on.
Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 12:36pm On May 02, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Ironsi bro,go and read our history.
Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by Ihuomadinihu: 2:07pm On May 02, 2015
NgwaManNaija4LF:

Ironsi bro,go and read our history.
Ironsi was not from Ngwa o.
Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 10:06pm On May 02, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Ironsi was not from Ngwa o.

Abia state is for Ngwa people because we are the biggest clan of all. So Ironsi is from Abia.
Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by illiad1(m): 1:24am On May 04, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Nobody said Igbos were the first to produce movies. However,Igbo movies kickstarted what we know as Nollywood movies.

Igbos were the first to produce home movies/video in nigeria. I dont want to answer that yoruba fellow because he/she is blinded by their Igbophobia.

Living in bondage was nigeria first home movie/video, which later gave birth to nollywood.

Home movies/videos are comercial movies/videos you could buy and watch at your convenience in your house. Before then all nigeria had was theater and cinema. Meaning nigerians never got to watch personally owned nigerian movies in their houses except it is been screened on TV, until the birth of living in bondage. Thus making living in bondage nigerias first worldly recognized movie.
Thereby introducing nigerian movie industry to the rest of the world.

Yoruba people don't like it when Igbos are first.

3 Likes

Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by Noneroone(m): 8:18am On May 04, 2015
eCollynzo:
Meaning what?
He actually won and defeated Tony one week of APC
i dont know where u're headed but bob manuel lost the primaries. He scored two votes.
Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by Ihuomadinihu: 8:23am On May 04, 2015
illiad1:

Igbos were the first to produce home movies/video in nigeria. I dont want to answer that yoruba fellow because he/she is blinded by their Igbophobia.

Living in bondage was nigeria first home movie/video, which later gave birth to nollywood.

Home movies/videos are comercial movies/videos you could buy and watch at your convenience in your house. Before then all nigeria had was theater and cinema. Meaning nigerians never got to watch personally owned nigerian movies in their houses except it is been screened on TV, until the birth of living in bondage. Thus making living in bondage nigerias first worldly recognized movie.
Thereby introducing nigerian movie industry to the rest of the world.

Yoruba people don't like it when Igbos are first.
Don't mind him. I was only telling to him that Nigerians were only exposed to cinema movies before living in bondage was produced. Igbo movies started the first straight to video movie production,in the process starting what we now call nollywood. Every Nigerian movie producer will refer back to the days of Living in Bondage as the catalyst of movie production in Nigeria.
Jealousy is bad!

1 Like

Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by Koboland(f): 11:57am On May 15, 2016
beautiful
Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by LilTyRoNe: 4:13pm On Feb 26, 2017
bebe2:
Wetin dey clem ohameze belle shocked shocked

@ topic, igbo pple plenty for entainment sha,

even thou say na yoruba start am proper,

igbo pple enter com over populat am grin , in a gud way ooo wink

i no fit e-fight grin grin

First nollywood movie:Living in bondage,igbo movie with english subtitle,suck on that!!
Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by LilTyRoNe: 4:21pm On Feb 26, 2017
Living in Bondage produced by Kenneth Nnebue was the first movie in Nigeria, please get your facts right

Leave them later them go say igbo people too dey claim.
Re: Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) by LilTyRoNe: 4:30pm On Feb 26, 2017
bebe2:

long before living in bondage, i don dey watch yoruba film, even though i cudnt hear

wat they ere saying.

Ogbeni we are talking about the first ever naija home video, scripted and endorsed not a recorded drama.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Williams Uchemba Puts Joseph, Plantain Hawker On Flight To Akwa Ibom (photos) / Tunde Ednut Reacts To The Crowd That Attended APC Campaign In Kano / Timaya Shows Off His New Dreadlocks Hairstyle After 7 Years (photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.