Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,979 members, 7,817,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Responsibilities In The Home Between Husband(man) And The Wife(woman) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Responsibilities In The Home Between Husband(man) And The Wife(woman) (1079 Views)

Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog / Between Husband, Lover: Court Orders DNA Test Over Paternity Of 3-yr-old Boy / I Made My Husband Impotent For Taking A Second Wife - Woman Confesses In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Responsibilities In The Home Between Husband(man) And The Wife(woman) by mukhcech(m): 8:06pm On Apr 30, 2015
I remember in my early primary school days, I was
thought by my teacher that the father is the Head of
the family or home. In reiterating his headship we
were meant to understand that his sole responsiblity
is to provide for the Home I.e The man first
responsibility is in working to provide for his
immediate family. Social studies was the subject. I
don't know if this subject is still in the Nigerian
curriculum or if that topic is still in the syllabus but in
Nigeria over the last one to two decades there has
been a lot of clamour for gender equality, equal job
opportunities for men and women. And I am
perplexed and forced to ask this question? Is
providing for the Home still the sole responsibility of
the man? Ur sincere contribution I seek. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Responsibilities In The Home Between Husband(man) And The Wife(woman) by psucc(m): 8:18pm On Apr 30, 2015
Your teacher was right as mine. The quest for gender as orchestrated by the Western powers is a ploy to destroy the very foundation that holds the family together and by extension, the society.

This is why divorce had become the rule rather than exception. Yesteryears, divorce was treated as such a grave matter but today is celebrated.
Marriage was seen as a bond can never be broken except for natural occurrence, but today is a mere contract that the parties can breach without consequences.

That doesn't imply that a woman is not supposed to work; she was to support the man.

1 Like

Re: Responsibilities In The Home Between Husband(man) And The Wife(woman) by Henrypraise41(m): 8:38pm On Apr 30, 2015
It is but in a situation where the woman is the bread winner she can take over the steering provided the family is moving on, and in that way the husband has to be humble, though for a couple that understands theirselves there will be peace.
Re: Responsibilities In The Home Between Husband(man) And The Wife(woman) by Henrypraise41(m): 8:39pm On Apr 30, 2015
It is, but in a situation where the woman is the bread winner she can take over the steering provided the family is moving on, and in that way the husband has to be humble, though for a couple that understands theirselves there will be peace.
Re: Responsibilities In The Home Between Husband(man) And The Wife(woman) by taryour(f): 10:48pm On Apr 30, 2015
mukhcech:
I remember in my early primary school days, I was
thought by my teacher that the father is the Head of
the family or home. In reiterating his headship we
were meant to understand that his sole responsiblity
is to provide for the Home I.e The man first
responsibility is in working to provide for his
immediate family. Social studies was the subject. I
don't know if this subject is still in the Nigerian
curriculum or if that topic is still in the syllabus but in
Nigeria over the last one to two decades there has
been a lot of clamour for gender equality, equal job
opportunities for men and women. And I am
perplexed and forced to ask this question? Is
providing for the Home still the sole responsibility of
the man? Ur sincere contribution I seek. Thank you.

YES it is. And its in the wife best interest to support her family with her own quota no matter how small it is.
Re: Responsibilities In The Home Between Husband(man) And The Wife(woman) by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 30, 2015
The economic condition of present time could be one of the main reasons for such roles change. Either ways, the man remains the head of the family even as stated in the Holy Bible. That the woman earns more than the man should not lord her authority over the man. Even in most southern villages, the women work more than the men yet they still accord them their rightful place in the home. This does not mean the men should be lazy around. May God bless all families. Amen!

Please check my signature too. Thanks.
Re: Responsibilities In The Home Between Husband(man) And The Wife(woman) by soopamom: 6:46am On May 01, 2015
yahda yahda yahda dumb dum dumb bla bla bla sheesh! does this stupidity have no end?
Re: Responsibilities In The Home Between Husband(man) And The Wife(woman) by ireneidiva(f): 2:10pm On May 01, 2015
Nah. The woman is also responsible for providing in her home.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies! Will You Marry A Very Rich Handsome Man With A Small Manhood? / Help! He Snores / I Think Am Afraid Of Intimacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.