Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Re: Falling Oil Prices Will Not Threaten Buhari's Agenda, If... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Falling Oil Prices Will Not Threaten Buhari's Agenda, If... (360 Views)

US: Buhari’s Agenda Very Well Matches Ours / A Must Watch : Uzu Awka Threaten Buhari And Eastern Governors (video) / Obama Okays Buhari’s Agenda For Defeating Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: Falling Oil Prices Will Not Threaten Buhari's Agenda, If... by socialmediaman: 10:19pm On Apr 30, 2015
Re: Falling Oil Prices will Not Threaten Your Agenda, Mr President.

It is with concern for the welfare of Nigerians and the progress of our nation that I wish to lend my voice and support to the presidency of Muhammadu Buhari.

I sympathize with the president-elect on meeting the state of the economy in tatters and having to do a very difficult task of steering Nigeria back into the right direction after many years of neglect of institutions and embezzlement of resources by the political elite.

While I agree that the challenges faced by our nation are very overwhelming especially in the light of dwindling oil revenues, I believe this is an opportunity for the incoming government to strategically work with the best Nigerian minds, among them being young professionals and experienced technocrats who will dare-it-all and pioneer this country to greater heights, with or without oil.

Subsequently, I make the following humble recommendations:

ThinkTanks and Volunteers
We need a group of "volunteers and ThinkTanks" across the Six geo-political zones who can come up with a very brilliant and workable economic plan aimed at solving the following problems within a 4year period:

A. Massive Employment Generation. This includes boosting employment using policy formulations like shift work in sectors like energy, banking, oil and gas, security forces etc. also, investing heavily in agriculture and Agric export, all related local content development strategies.
B. Infrastructure development including healthcare, electricity, technology and transportation.
C. Diversification of Economy into other sustainable sectors
D. Boosting revenue generation to the maximum possible level without causing hardships on Nigerians. Tasks include sealing up all leaking sources of revenue, exploring untapped and neglected areas.

I decided to make this article as short as possible so that I do not bore my readers.

God Bless Nigeria

- SocialMediaMan

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Extra Clean First Body/direct Us Used Toyota Camry 2010 In Lagos.. Pics / Opportunities To Travel Abroad ( USA, UK, Canada And Schengen Countries ) / Posterity Will Appreciate Our Contribution- JONATHAN Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.