Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

I Hate My Course - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Hate My Course (1221 Views)

I Hate Reading — Oyindamola Badejo, Bells University Best Graduating Student / My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? / I Hate Being Smart! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hate My Course by ConfessionsNgr: 11:28am On May 01, 2015
My name is Mike (not real name) , and I am in year 3 in a university of technology. I finished school in 2009 and didn't get admission until 2013. I made my WAEC at a sitting, only postJAMB gave me problems. I have always passed my JAMB. But I didn't use to make the cutoff mark for medicine during post JAMB. I have always wanted to become a doctor, so I always rejected any other course I was given. After four years of staying home, I was given admission to read building technology. At first I wanted to reject it, but since I was already getting tired of home and some of my mates were in final year already, I decided to take the course. I had no problem with the course in my freshman year since everyone offers the same courses regardless of their departments, but by year two I just didn't like the course again. I tried all I could and even told my course adviser about it, I couldn't just pass excellently in the exams. My cumulative grade point average had dropped immensely at the end of second semester. The course isn't just attractive to me, I am frustrated already. I really don't know what to do.

Source: http://confessionsnigeria.com/post/71/i-hate-my-course
Re: I Hate My Course by Slimmos(m): 2:31pm On May 01, 2015
go and learn mechanic or kill ur self.

1 Like

Re: I Hate My Course by docmoses(m): 7:31pm On May 01, 2015
grin
Slimmos:
grin
Slimmos:
Re: I Hate My Course by Godmother(f): 3:40pm On May 02, 2015
Op your mindset about the course is what's causing your dropped performance. The way I see it you have two options here:

One, work on your mind into liking the course. You've already spent hundreds of hours in lectures and studying for this course. If you leave it now all that would go to waste. Just work on your Psyche into liking the course once again and put it the required effort needed for d one or two years you have left. When you are done you can go for a second degree if you want.

Second, you can just desire jamb for your desired course.
Re: I Hate My Course by NaMe4: 8:54pm On May 03, 2015
Slimmos:

@ OP If you don't feel comfortable going on with the course, I would advise you to go for your heart's desire in which you can put in your best and make positive impact not only in your own life, but in the lives of people you may not even ever come in contact with. It's never too late especially with a noble profession such as medicine. Although, at the moment the profession is quite 'rubbished' in Nigeria.

It's unfortunate most students/graduates in our society have to just endure through certain disciplines just to be called graduates at the end with no passion or zeal in their endeavours. Yes, you may have certain talents that may not be further developed by offered courses in the university, but you may agree with me that there tends to be a synergistic effect when an individual with a certain talent engages in a cause for which he/she has a passion.

(1) (Reply)

A.federal Polytechnic Offa Post-utme Screening Exercise 2015/2016..08034323361 / Review Of Uranium Technologies Limited- SAP Training Firm / 10 Amazing Things In Nature You Won’t Believe Actually Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.