Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,675 members, 7,851,304 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:41 PM

NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage (3370 Views)

Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. / NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage / NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by clemzo101(m): 9:44am On May 02, 2015
Dats why y'all need to support Joe Ajero, I watched that dude once on channels and fell in love with him. Guys in NEPA can testify.
Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by Nobody: 9:55am On May 02, 2015
Supported. Let them share via salaries the excess money that governors, house of assembly and federal houses share..
Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by gebest: 9:56am On May 02, 2015
No money in nigeria Yet a governor is buyin 4cars for N400million.
Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by NCOIM(m): 10:05am On May 02, 2015
90,000?

They should make it 100,000 now

These political thieves Must and should be rendered hopeless so that Only few of them will have to remain in the political machinery of the country angry angry
Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by crownprince102: 10:08am On May 02, 2015
tit:
Excellent demand.
Things have to be better for common man!
We poor people want change too!
Why didn't you ask Jonathan for that...... Why Buhari.
Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by crownprince102: 10:13am On May 02, 2015
femicyrus:
If the in-coming government can eliminate corruption and improve the economy, you will know that N18,000 minimum wage is more than enough. Imagine $1=N1, petrol less than N40 per liter.
And with less then N60,000 you can own a brand new car
Who promised you that?

Name the dude please.
Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by coldFLARES1(m): 11:44am On May 02, 2015
The kind of demand you receive when you have numbskulls heading labour unions. These fools crave attention without a thought for how realistic their demands are. Until the govt starts its civil service reforms with the consequent job loses, these fools would not appreciate having a job in spite of their low productivity.
Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by ogawisdom(m): 11:55am On May 02, 2015
If d house of rep is closed down n we practice unicarmel legislature with massive reduction in cost of governance then minimum wage of 50k shld b realizable. Youth corpers shld earn abt dt too so they can save n start up their own biz rather than roaming d street for yrs searchin for non existent jobs.

My proposed n ideal salary of all Nigerian politicians- Buhari take note

President 2m monthly
Vice p 1.2m
Ministers 1m
Senators 1.3m
House of reps 1m
Governors 1.5m
Commissioners 500k
State House of assembly 650k
Lg chairman 400k
Councillors 200k

Salary shld b consolidated n all allowances included except housing tongue, if u dnt want to serve nigeria u can give way for others. D salaries shld b reviewed downwards frm time to time
Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by ndcide(m): 11:59am On May 02, 2015
I think it's long overdue. at least 50k. buhari should please do this for workers. by the time the money lost to corruption is addressed by Buhari, I see no reason why 50k minimum wage cannot be done.
Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 12:25pm On May 02, 2015
PassingShot:
We must understand that the minimum wage is for those at the bottom of the ladder. It is for entry level for messengers, cleaners, packers and so on.

Also, an upward review of the minimum wage will have positive impact on others who are already earning good salary.

Having known these two facts, I think a minimum wage of between 25 and 40k will be in order. However, Labout bodies should pursue better agendas than only the minimum wage for their members.

The fear of minimum wage on employers is never about lower class but the multiplying effect on the wages of senior staff and other emoluments like gratuity, leave allowance, transport, housing, furniture etc allowances.

If an employee is currently receiving N30,000 while his junior colleague takes home N18,000. What will happen to his salary if his junior colleague salary is reviewed to N30,000?

He will certainly be expecting N60,000±10%
Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by PassingShot(m): 12:30pm On May 02, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

The fear of minimum wage on employers is never about lower class but the multiplying effect on the wages of senior staff and other emoluments like gratuity, leave allowance, transport, housing, furniture etc allowances.

If an employee is currently receiving N30,000 while his junior colleague takes home N18,000. What will happen to his salary if his junior colleague salary is reviewed to N30,000?

He will certainly be expecting N60,000±10%

Did you see my second paragraph?

If with over 16years of work experience still means that I am inexperienced to talk about minimum wage, tell me what makes you better qualified than me please?

Waiting for your reply ...........

Modified*
I see you've already removed your first statement saying I'm too inexperienced to talk about minimum wage. Read carefully and think deeply before you make assertions next time please.
Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by femicyrus(m): 10:05pm On May 02, 2015
Hope for change
crownprince102:

Who promised you that?

Name the dude please.
Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by crownprince102: 10:47pm On May 02, 2015
femicyrus:
Hope for change
Just give me a link where he was quoted saying that win yourself N10,000.
Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 02, 2015
I pity Nigerians
Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by Nobody: 12:08am On May 03, 2015
That is a disaster waiting to happen. #NotSupported

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by Nobody: 12:11am On May 03, 2015
ndcide:
I think it's long overdue. at least 50k. buhari should please do this for workers. by the time the money lost to corruption is addressed by Buhari, I see no reason why 50k minimum wage cannot be done.
Bros una wan just kpafuka our economy sha grin grin
Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by AhmedMustapha(m): 12:19am On May 03, 2015
ndcide:
This money lost to corruption as you say, will it appear immediately GMB assumes office?
Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by AhmedMustapha(m): 12:21am On May 03, 2015
ogawisdom:
If d house of rep is closed down n we practice unicarmel legislature with massive reduction in cost of governance then minimum wage of 50k shld b realizable. Youth corpers shld earn abt dt too so they can save n start up their own biz rather than roaming d street for yrs searchin for non existent jobs.

My proposed n ideal salary of all Nigerian politicians- Buhari take note

President 2m monthly
Vice p 1.2m
Ministers 1m
Senators 1.3m
House of reps 1m
Governors 1.5m
Commissioners 500k
State House of assembly 650k
Lg chairman 400k
Councillors 200k

Salary shld b consolidated n all allowances included except housing tongue, if u dnt want to serve nigeria u can give way for others. D salaries shld b reviewed downwards frm time to time
And who will bring about these changes?
Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by tit(f): 12:26am On May 03, 2015
Caseless:
you blind duck, did you say this in the last six years of gej's presidency?

GEJ was planning on 100,000 minimum wage.

He had made plans to decimate the oil cabal and give Nigerians cheap and abundant fuel for once!
NLC and Nigerians have lost out big time, with babaonechance
Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by tit(f): 12:32am On May 03, 2015
crownprince102:

Why didn't you ask Jonathan for that...... Why Buhari.

buhari is a good caring leader!
he is our mahdi!
he will wipe out corruption and make us all rich!

when buhari becomes president,
as a good commander,
he will not eat at night
till every nigerian has eaten!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by AhmedMustapha(m): 12:53am On May 03, 2015
tit:

He had made plans to decimate the oil cabal and give Nigerians cheap and abundant fuel for once!

Is this a joke
Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by ifyan(m): 2:40am On May 03, 2015
tit:
Excellent demand.
Things have to be better for common man!
We poor people want change too!

Are the polithiefcian ready to hear you.

You know. ......
Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by femicyrus(m): 6:25am On May 03, 2015
You mean Gej was planning this for 6 year in office then will implement once he win another four years shocked SMH no wonder people like you are denied visa to UK
tit:

Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by ndcide(m): 7:34am On May 03, 2015
barcanista:
Bros una wan just kpafuka our economy sha grin grin

Bro, We've been made to understand that most of the campaign promises of GMB will be funded by blocking the loopholes of corruption. though, I may not know how much success we'll archive from it, we'll still have to remind him of it. In fact, I don't mind him selling that tall hotel by sand-fill bus stop in VI...It's possible. In addiction, will Nigerians start collecting the monthly 5k from June this year?
Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by Nobody: 7:40am On May 03, 2015
ndcide:

Bro, We've been made to understand that most of the campaign promises of GMB will be funded by blocking the loopholes of corruption. though, I may not know how much success we'll archive from it, we'll still have to remind him of it. In fact, I don't mind him selling that tall hotel by sand-fill bus stop in VI...It's possible. In addiction, will Nigerians start collecting the monthly 5k from June this year?
Hahaha Very funny guy. Alhaji Buhari don't know anything about the subject, he only made empty talks. He doesn't know that it takes an institution to fight corruption and not mere rhetoric.

1 Like

Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by ndcide(m): 1:55pm On May 03, 2015
barcanista:
Hahaha Very funny guy. Alhaji Buhari don't know anything about the subject, he only made empty talks. He doesn't know that it takes an institution to fight corruption and not mere rhetoric.

No so my bro, I can't wait for May 29.
Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by bashydemy(m): 4:31pm On May 03, 2015
This NLC dey craze i swear, with the way things is going and if there is a stable economy and things work fine for Nigeria under GMB there will surely be cut in their salaries too
Re: NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage by bashydemy(m): 4:33pm On May 03, 2015
barcanista:
The same way your pay master use institution to fight corruption after 6yrs abi?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Vs Buhari: Who Has The Best Official Potrait? (PICS) / BREAKING NEWS! National Assembly Election Results: Tinubu Reacts / Port Harcourt was named after a Child Rapist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.