Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Daily Grace Capsule | Sat.2nd.may.2015 | Put Me On! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Grace Capsule | Sat.2nd.may.2015 | Put Me On! (348 Views)

Daily Grace Capsule | Fri.1st.may.2015 | Put To Death! / Daily Grace Capsule | Sat.28th.march.2015 | The Power Gifts. / Daily Grace Capsule | Sat.21st.march.2015 | Why We Tongue! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daily Grace Capsule | Sat.2nd.may.2015 | Put Me On! by ComeBackHome: 6:02am On May 02, 2015
DAiLY GRACE CAPSULE | SAT.MAY.2nd 2015

PUT ME ON! | Ephesians 4: 24 (KJV)

“And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Recalling from yesterday capsule, having briefly looked into what we should ‘Put to Death or Mortify or Silence or Subdue’; which are the interests or the Dictates or the Deeds of the flesh in which some are listed in Galatians 5: 19 - 21.

It is also my greatest delight to remind us that after putting off or putting to death the deeds of the flesh, we are also admonished to ‘Put On’ the New Man, created in RIGHTEOUSNESS and TRUE HOLINESS.

The Greek word translated the expression ‘that ye put on’ in Ephesians 2: 24 is “enduō” (en-doo'-o). This gives the impression of sinking into a garment. Literally or figuratively, to invest with clothing. That is, to array, clothe (with), endue, have, put on.

The same expression is found in Colossians 3: 10 and the same Greek word is used | “Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him”.

What are the attributes of this New Man?

”Since God chose you to be the holy people He loves, you must clothe yourselves with Tenderhearted Mercy, Kindness, Humility, Gentleness, and Patience. Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. above all, clothe yourselves with love" | Colossians 3: 12 – 15 (NLT).

“So stop telling lies… And "don't sin by letting anger control you, for anger gives a foothold to the devil. If you are a thief, quit stealing. Instead, use your hands for good hard work, and then give generously to others in need.

Don't use foul or abusive language. Get rid of all Bitterness, Rage, Anger, Harsh Words, and Slander, as well as all types of Evil Behavior. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you” | Ephesians 4: 25 – 32.

Clear!

NOTE, PLEASE: Not that we will be rejected as God's children if we in one way or the other fall into any of the deeds of the flesh. No! Why? Because sins are already settled with God - paid for. According to Romans 5: 20, "Grace rejoices abundantly (Super abounded) in the presence of Sin (where sin abounds more and more". The only sins that hasn't been paid for or that has no forgiveness is the sin of "Rejecting Jesus Christ" (Grace - the Forgiveness Himself) | See Hebrews 6: 1 - 7.

However, we are not expected to, habitually, living in sin. Such habits do not depict the nature of the New Man. It doesn't bring glory to God. Therefore, it must be put to death. For sin shall not have dominion over us | Romans 6: 14.

Dearly beloved, in summary, we are to be conscious of what our New Man, created in Christ Jesus – in true Holiness and righteousness is. Then we will be able to produce, outwardly, what the new man is inwardly. Whenever you are tempted with any dictates of the flesh, just be conscious of the attributes of the New Man - the ongoing work of the Spirit on the inside, which are also attested in Galatians 5: 22 – 23 and cooperate with it.

NOW, SAY | I respond to the ongoing work of the Spirit within me to live clean.

LET’S PRAY | In the Name of Jesus, I respond to the attributes of the nature of my inner man – AMEN!

ViP | I hope you have been blessed with this message. You also can be a tool to bless others by SHARING it. Today, be a blessing.

Grace to your Heart!

ComeBackHome Ministries | …spreading the glad tidings, thus; changing lives | cbhmonline@gmail.com | +234 803 455 6611 | 532CB51B.

(1) (Reply)

Israel Displays 2,000-year-old Copy Of Ten Commandments / Turn Your Security System On! / Make Una Tell Me Oh: "Relate The 1st Time You Fell Under Anointing, And By Who"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.