Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Daily Grace Capsule | Sat.28th.march.2015 | The Power Gifts. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Grace Capsule | Sat.28th.march.2015 | The Power Gifts. (684 Views)

Apostle Suleman Gifts 26 Cars, Money To Celebrate His Birthday (Photos) / Grace Testimony From Nigeria : Protected From Armed Robbery / Daily Grace Capsule | Sat.21st.march.2015 | Why We Tongue! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daily Grace Capsule | Sat.28th.march.2015 | The Power Gifts. by ComeBackHome: 8:05am On Mar 28, 2015
DAiLY GRACE CAPSULE | SAT.MARCH.28th 2015

THE POWER GIFTS | 1 Corinthians 12: 8 - 10 (NKJV)

“For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, (9) To another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, (10) To another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues”

Recalled from few day’s ago capsule, we have been able, scripturally, to establish the fact that there are Nine (9) gifts of the Spirit listed in 1 Corinthians 12: 8 - 10 – the above passage validates that, however, the gifts of the Spirit are more than nine. More shall be discussed on this later on. Moreso, the gifts aren’t at individual’s Will, rather, at the Will of the Holy Spirit. They are always inspired by the Holy Spirit to profit the body of Christ. In other words, He (Holy Spirit) decides who gets what, and when (1 Corinthians 12: 11).

Furthermore, also that these Gifts aren’t administered or run for individuals’ profits/benefits, rather, for the benefits of all - everyone benefits (1 Corinthians 12: 7). Moreso, that these gifts are classified into three (3) major segments, which are: The Power Gifts – The Vocal/Inspirational Gifts – The Revelation Gifts.

Today, to start with, few months ago, I was in a meeting teaching on this same subject. When it was time to entertain peoples' questions, a lady said someone once told her that it is possible for just only one person to manifest in all the Nine (9) Gifts of the spirit; and also, that such one can also decides what and when.

Well, the first part is right. It is possible to see all the Nine Gifts in operation in the life of just a single person. However, the Holy Spirit decides that not the fellow (1 Corinthians 12: 11). If it pleases the Holy Spirit to do so, nothing can stop Him as long as the fellow always respond in faith to the prompting of the Spirit. And regard the second part, there is no scripture that validates such statement - operating in all or any of these gifts at will. Such teaching is erroneous. It is not scriptural.

In continuation, this is very essential to know – all these Nine (9) Gifts operates by faith (the conventional faith that is imparted to us through hearing God’s word whereby we were saved) on the part of the one receiving them. He or she must be able to launch out in faith, yielding to the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

Nonetheless, today, we are looking at the ‘POWER GIFTS’.

The POWER GIFTS are: The gift of FAITH; The gift of the WORKING OF MIRACLES; and the gift of HEALINGS.

THE GIFT OF FAITH

This gift of Faith is commonly referred to as ‘Special Faith’. This isn’t the same as ‘Saving Faith’. No New Creation is 'void' of this ‘saving Faith’ – Ephesians 2: 8. This saving faith is imparted to us through hearing the word of Christ - Christos (Greek) | Romans 10: 17. Please, kindly re-visit the series on ‘FAITH’ (from: January 29th to February 8th), you can also order for its ‘PDF’ by mailing us through the address below. It is FREE.

This gift of ‘Faith’ is a supernatural manifestation of the Holy Spirit whereby a believer is endowed with Special Faith. This ‘Special Faith’ helps the one under its influence to receive miracles no matter how odd things might appear. This gift is given supernaturally by the Spirit as He wills. Those who operates in this do 'acts' in such a way that God miraculously respond to their words as His, thereby causes their desired expectations to manifest.

THE GIFT OF WORKING OF MIRACLE

This also is supernaturally given. The believer under its influence works Miracles when this is at work. At this point, an unusual supernatural acts is always a norm.

THE GIFT OF HEALINGS

This supernatural endowment manifest for the healing of sickness and disease without any 'natural' involvement.

Dearly beloved, these POWER GIFTS are in one way or the other allied in their operations. In other words, most times, they work hand in hand.

The case of Lazarus in John 11 is a very good example of this three (3) gifts referred to as ‘Power Gifts’, working cooperatively.

Jesus was under the influence of the gift of Special Faith – trusted God enough to honor His word as He called forth Lazarus. The result was the gift of Working of Miracles which also involved the Gift of Healings – Lazarus was totally healed after he was miraculously brought out.

That is factual enough.

And please, note: Not at will but His Will.

NOW, SAY | The gifts of the Spirit isn't at my Will but His. And not for my personal profit but for all.

LET’S PRAY | In the Name of Jesus, I see the manifestations of the Holy Spirit in my life as I consciously see Him as He is – AMEN!

ViP | I hope you have been blessed with this message. You also can be a tool to bless others by SHARING it. Today, be a blessing.

Grace to your Heart!

ComeBackHome Ministries | …spreading the glad tidings, thus; changing lives | cbhmonline@gmail.com | +234 803 455 6611 | 532CB51B.
Re: Daily Grace Capsule | Sat.28th.march.2015 | The Power Gifts. by Hiswordxray(m): 3:22pm On Mar 28, 2015
ComeBackHome:

Today, to start with, few months ago, I was in a meeting teaching on this same subject. When it was time to entertain peoples' questions, a lady said someone once told her that it is possible for just only one person to manifest in all the Nine (9) Gifts of the spirit; and also, that such one can also decides what and when.

Well, the first part is right. It is possible to see all the Nine Gifts in operation in the life of just a single person. However, the Holy Spirit decides that not the fellow (1 Corinthians 12: 11). If it pleases the Holy Spirit to do so, nothing can stop Him as long as the fellow always respond in faith to the prompting of the Spirit. And regard the second part, there is no scripture that validates such statement - operating in all or any of these gifts at will. Such teaching is erroneous. It is not scriptural.
I'm not here to condemn you, for you are my brethren. But I disagree with the bold. I have heard, of someone who has all the nine gifts of the Spirit and I am planning to have them all.
Before I don't have the gift of interpretation of tongues but when I asked God desperately He gave it to me. I also know of people who seek for certain gift and receive it.
I can operate on the gift at will and I also know of people who can operate on the gift at will.

I believe there are more than nine gifts, God cannot be limited to nine gifts. And I believe there are a lot we still need to know about the gift of the Spirit.
Re: Daily Grace Capsule | Sat.28th.march.2015 | The Power Gifts. by ComeBackHome: 1:58pm On Mar 29, 2015
Firstly, I appreciate you for taking your time to read through this particular capsule. You couldnt have been able to discover those things you fore mentioned had it been you didnt read through.

However, it seems you didnt read through well. You might need to re-read.

I didnt say it is impossible for a single person to have or operate in all the Nine Gifts. please, read again.

Moreso, no one can operate in them at will. Check your bible plz....as Holy Spirit Will not at will - 1 Corinthians 12: 11.

Grace to your heart bro.

(1) (Reply)

Could This Be Regarded As Sin? / Christianity Of The Old And That Of The New / "I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God" - Stephanie Rose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.