Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,442 members, 7,853,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:05 AM

President Jonathan Is Right,the Election Is Over But... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Is Right,the Election Is Over But... (857 Views)

Daniel Reyenieju: Jibrin Is Right, 2016 Budget Was Padded / Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo / Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Is Right,the Election Is Over But... by Emphany: 9:12am On May 02, 2015
I am sure a lot of the APC fans are ready to crucify Mr. President on his statement about the 2.5million lead which came from the north.
I was opportuned to be one of the officiating INEC officer of a pooling unit in one of the northern states and many others from that end will tell you there was no free and fair election from the north.
Before you crucify me too... Listen.
The north is one of the most and if not the most populated states in Nigeria,and most of the citizens can neither speak english,read or write,they do not even know the logo,wether it be for PDP or APC or APGA...they where always told to vote their own(Buhari has always won in the north). If you are civilized as you claim to be,then your question should be-HOW DID THEY VOTE WHAT THEY DONT UNDERSTAND!
(that is where the rigging is)i'm sorry i cant explain futher.
Another question you should ask-HOW COME THIS PEOPLE COME OUT IN MASSES AND UNDERAGED.
As the most populous state,the poorverty rate is 90%poor :10%rich,the poor only listen to money(and the rich don't want that to CHANGE anyway).it is most difficult for the poor here in the north to survive without begging.If i can explain what i mean clearly...N5.00 means so much to the poor here in the north. Now your question should be WHAT WILL THE PROMISE OF N1000.00 DO? Let me answer that...
1. It brought the cripple,blind,deaf,dumb out of their holes in masses.
2. It brought out the underage also
3. It gave them so much confident/promises voting their own believing they will get more when He gets there.
4. It makes them penetratable from elections to elections.
5. They get more dependant on the promises of money.
All these are well understood by the northern leaders and some Nigerian polititian and that led to the MERGE.
Now we all know the election is over,a northerner is on sit,Gej as from the minority is on his way back home, they was technical and massive rigging in the north.
But we also know this is what Mr. President was talking about and this is definitely the end of the MERGRE(North&South west). Let me get your opinions.But FACTS - Emphany.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Is Right,the Election Is Over But... by 0700Jesse(m): 9:27am On May 02, 2015
this is a post from an intelligent mind, we share the same ideas but its saddening some APC JIngoist will still try to refute this post and say rubbish

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Is Right,the Election Is Over But... by PedroJP(m): 9:32am On May 02, 2015
Simple truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Is Right,the Election Is Over But... by rusep: 9:37am On May 02, 2015
You better wake up it seems you are still sleeping. The biggest mistake You people are making is that, you assume that all northners are illiterate. Well a don't blame you, most of you have not cross river Niger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Is Right,the Election Is Over But... by PassingShot(m): 9:39am On May 02, 2015
You may be 50% correct in your submission but what we are saying is that SS and SE returned mind boggling figures with a claim of about 70% voters turnout on the average whereas the North which you claimed trooped out to vote recorded about 55% average voters turnout.

So, what is the point of crying? Had North returned 70/80% turnout, GEJ would have known how far just midway into collation.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Is Right,the Election Is Over But... by Bamoha(m): 9:55am On May 02, 2015
you are correct... dey voted thier own! the south south also voted thier own, whic makes dat even, on rigging its not north alone even SE and SS rigged i think its only SW that voted freely, u talk asif northerners are robots.. those people cant speak english Yes but they have a mind of thier own! take Gombe state for instance the governor is pdp nd he won his re election because he made life better for the people in the state.. kwankwaso is soo popular in the north west because of how he changed nd transformed kano state.. all this are things they see and they can feel, they dont wanto know what position Nigerian economy is.. they dont care. just give them dier needs. Yes a lot voted for ethnicity but the ruling party gave them no choice at least sambo is a northerner but he was taken as a ghost worker in the federal governmnt. to them he did nothing for them. we just pray buhari makes d right choices that will benefit d masses

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Is Right,the Election Is Over But... by NCOIM(m): 10:18am On May 02, 2015
The most shameful thing about the whole scenario was that The underage votes were televised

Yout can't deny it

APC should bury their head in Shame for scoring A goal with their hands into the net...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Is Right,the Election Is Over But... by chamboy(m): 10:22am On May 02, 2015
Tandriods consoling demselves
Re: President Jonathan Is Right,the Election Is Over But... by NCOIM(m): 10:22am On May 02, 2015
Yes I saw something above me and I'm prompted to comment on that

Oh yes,,,The North are illiterates and Unreasonably politically Dogmatic

One Shameless northern Elder told me that with or without Certificate,,,The certificateless Senile one was in the army

They don't Reason
Re: President Jonathan Is Right,the Election Is Over But... by socialmediaman: 10:25am On May 02, 2015
Let me explain this very clearly, unbiased:

Has there been a change in the voting pattern in the north in over 16 years of election in Nigeria? Has there been any election year without cases of underage voting in Nigeria? Has there been any election year that the north has failed to turn out high number of voters? The questions are:

Why did the PDP suddenly realize that all these alleged electoral fraud exist in Nigeria?

Has the PDP not been using all these alleged fraud to its advantage?

What suddenly changed? In 2011, 2.2 million people voted in Kano state, Jonathan got 400,000 out of that number. In 2015, another 2.2 million people voted using PVCS validation, he got 250,000 voters. Going by his record of failures in terms of insurgency and economic management, would you say he was suddenly cheated?

The only reason Goodluck Jonathan didn't win the election this time was because the western states had an alliance with the northern CPC party, and the votes were shared. Lagos state for instance would have produced another high voter turnout for the outgoing president of not for this alliance.

Before making any accusations, check the figures, past and present, and understand how he was rejected by the masses. This is politics!
Re: President Jonathan Is Right,the Election Is Over But... by nortcentrallord(m): 10:42am On May 02, 2015
rusep:
You better wake up it seems you are still sleeping. The biggest mistake You people are making is that, you assume that all northners are illiterate. Well a don't blame you, most of you have not cross river Niger.

The post is apt. Didn't you read where he said he par took in the election in the North?
I have been to virtually all the northern states and the contrast of the educated and illiterate is black and white. Count 50 people in any state capital in the north and be rest assured 35 of them are illiterate. What then happens when you go to the rural areas? Am not hating the north but it's a fact.
Re: President Jonathan Is Right,the Election Is Over But... by ZKOSOSO(m): 10:42am On May 02, 2015
What I learnt from the elections is that nigeria can never be nation of like minds. Competence. Integrity. Love. Humility and development do not matter to lead in nigeria. What counts is hate, lies, religion and region
Re: President Jonathan Is Right,the Election Is Over But... by socialmediaman: 10:57am On May 02, 2015
Illiteracy doesn't mean one cannot recognize party symbols or communicate in any language, you talk as if these people dropped down from the mountain to vote. They did voter registration and provided their information, maybe in their local language, came back and quoted their names and collected their PVCs, maybe you think illiteracy means they can't communicate even in their language

nortcentrallord:

The post is apt. Didn't you read where he said he par took in the election in the North?
I have been to virtually all the northern states and the contrast of the educated and illiterate is black and white. Count 50 people in any state capital in the north and be rest assured 35 of them are illiterate. What then happens when you go to the rural areas? Am not hating the north but it's a fact.
Re: President Jonathan Is Right,the Election Is Over But... by babyfaceafrica: 11:09am On May 02, 2015
You are biasedin your analysis,just because some northerners cannot read and write does not make them illiterates...northerners are politically literates...apart from maybe SW ..all regions voted for their own...so what's the point?
Re: President Jonathan Is Right,the Election Is Over But... by Bamoha(m): 12:48pm On May 02, 2015
NCOIM:
Yes I saw something above me and I'm prompted to comment on that

Oh yes,,,The North are illiterates and Unreasonably politically Dogmatic

One Shameless northern Elder told me that with or without Certificate,,,The certificateless Senile one was in the army

They don't Reason
You dont reason. he became a general.. he headed ministries.. nd did a lot of intellectual thngs and your still saying he has no certificate goan get your facts right abeg

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Debate--Sanusi Lamido Prophesies (A Must Watch) / Some Nigerians Thought About PDP Playing The Opposition / Mr. President, You Are Holding The Tiger By The Tail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.