Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,577 members, 7,812,875 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Akwa Ibom Polls: I Will Govern With Fear Of God - Udom G Emmanuel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Polls: I Will Govern With Fear Of God - Udom G Emmanuel (477 Views)

Ondo Polls: I Will Be PDP Candidate On Saturday, Declares Jimoh Ibrahim / I Will Govern Edo State With My Phone-Obaseki APC Governorship Candidate / Governor Udom Emmanuel Builds House Just 4 Months In Govt - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Polls: I Will Govern With Fear Of God - Udom G Emmanuel by udyheart01(m): 1:22pm On May 02, 2015
Following the mayhem that occurred in the Governorship and State House of Assembly elections in Akwa Ibom state, the governor-elect of the PDP, Mr. Udom Emmanuel has promised to welcome egalitarianism when sworn in on May 29.

Mr. Emmanuel assured to govern the state with the fear of God and run an all-inclusive government that would carter for the general welfare of all Akwa Ibom people irrespective of party affiliations.
He said this in an interview yesterday with newsmen in Uyo. Mr. Emmanuel vowed that his administration would not discriminate against those who opposed him during the campaigns whether within or outside the party.

The governor-elect maintained that differences in party affiliations would not be considered in the delivery of democracy dividend to the people as everyone in the state were entitled to benefit from the resources accruing to the state.

He said; “Of course I will be governor of all irrespective of political party affiliations because we are all Akwa Ibom people and brothers and entitled to the benefits that accrue to this land. The political parties are mere platforms for each and every one of us to aspire to serve the people and whoever wins is entitled to treat everybody as equals.”

On strategies to address the dwindling fortunes of the PDP in the country, Emmanuel expressed belief that the party would recover from its recent misfortune in the polls attributing the recent loss in the Presidential elections to non-party issues.

“We lost not due to internal crisis within the party because every organization have their fair share of problems, we lost due to some other social issues I will not mention here but I am confident that the party will recover from this and become stronger in the nearest future,” he said.

Governor-Elect of Akwa Ibom, Mr. Udom Emmanuel recorded a total of 996,071 votes to defeat the All Progressive Congress candidate, Mr Umana Umana who polled a total of 89,865 votes to come a distant second.
UDOM Emmanuel's photo.

Re: Akwa Ibom Polls: I Will Govern With Fear Of God - Udom G Emmanuel by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 02, 2015
Noted

GMB my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!

(1) (Reply)

Group Of Women & Children Rescued From Sambisa Forest Handed Over To Nema.photos / Photo: Physically Challenged Man Starts Trek For Buhari / Gov. Uduaghan Opens Up On Tompolo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.