Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? (4584 Views)

Man Calls Out An Eko FM Staff Who Wants To Make His Sister A Second Wife / Wife Sends Husband To Prison For Marrying A Second Wife (Photos) / What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by mistabiola: 1:44pm On May 02, 2015
Should a man take a second wife if the first is infertile

I need your candid opinion!!!

Constructive argument is allowed!!!
Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 02, 2015
undecided
Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 02, 2015
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by Mynd44: 1:53pm On May 02, 2015
Is his main reason for marriage to have kids?

If the answer is in the affirmative, he has been defrauded. You can have kids without being married..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by EfemenaXY: 1:59pm On May 02, 2015
mistabiola:
Should a man take a second wife if the first is infertile

I need your candid opinion!!!

Constructive argument is allowed!!!

Should a woman take a second husband if the first is infertile? undecided undecided

15 Likes

Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by cococandy(f): 2:00pm On May 02, 2015
Orisirisi.

What's "for better for worse" "in sickness and in health" for?

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by DuchessLily(f): 2:07pm On May 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Should a woman take a second husband if the first is infertile? undecided undecided
help me ask ooo

3 Likes

Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by DuchessLily(f): 2:08pm On May 02, 2015
cococandy:
Orisirisi.

I wonder

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by wachakuta(m): 2:29pm On May 02, 2015
If u wan born kids... YES
Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by illiad: 2:42pm On May 02, 2015
It all depends.
Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by zinachidi(m): 2:50pm On May 02, 2015
i think there is no probs with that. Buh i prefer they adopt. Two women in one home, not okay by me.
Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by SAMBARRY: 3:09pm On May 02, 2015
Should a woman leave a man if he's impotent, has a match stick phenese or has no money for someone else who is not bereft of any of the above?

Answer to that will answer your own question

next

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by Ngokafor(f): 4:00pm On May 02, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Should a woman leave a man if he's impotent, has a match stick phenese or has no money for someone else who is not bereft of any of the above?

Answer to that will answer your own question

next

..Right on the money kiss

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by Jamean(f): 4:06pm On May 02, 2015
Should a woman take a second husband if her husband is impotent ? undecided

Should a woman take a second husband if her husband is broke ? undecided

You see, these are questions people ask when they totally ignore the first reason for marriage - COMPANIONSHIP and concentrate solely on reproduction.

What happened to adoption, IVF raising someone else child or even stay that way?

If she was your sister, will you give this advice to her husband?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by oloyede252(m): 4:10pm On May 02, 2015
@op definately yes..
Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by oloyede252(m): 4:14pm On May 02, 2015
Jamean:
Should a woman take a second husband if her husband is impotent ?
Should a woman take a second husband if her husband is broke
RECIEVE

SENSE

and answer that question again
Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by juman(m): 9:04pm On May 02, 2015
The first step is to find out the reason behind their childlessness and find solution.

But the husband has right to marry second wife when he wishes and can take care of them.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by mistabiola: 4:06am On May 03, 2015
EfemenaXY:

This is a family matter and I think you should understand that the parents of the husband will keep pressurizing the man after like 5years of infertility.
Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by tpiadotcom: 4:09am On May 03, 2015
Sometimes a woman will conceive after adopting a child.

And sometimes not.
Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by mistabiola: 4:09am On May 03, 2015
cococandy:
Orisirisi.

Let's assume the man is your son and after 6 years of marriage they are yet to have a baby and all the test and effort shows that the wife of your son is infertile, will you still advise your son not to take another wife Because of for better for worse
Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by cococandy(f): 4:10am On May 03, 2015
mistabiola:

This is a family matter and I think you should understand that the parents of the husband will keep pressurizing the man after like 5years of infertility.
you don't think the parents of the girl can pressurize the man after a few year too? Because you're assuming it has to be woman at fault. What if that's not the case?

3 Likes

Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by tpiadotcom: 4:12am On May 03, 2015
mistabiola:

Let's assume the man is your son and after 6 years of marriage they are yet to have a baby and all the test and effort shows that the wife of your son is infertile, will you still advise your son not to take another wife Because of for better for worse

Is that what you would do?
Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by cococandy(f): 4:13am On May 03, 2015
mistabiola:

absolutely.
They can adopt.

That will be the same way I would advice my daughter not to desert her husband after a few years of marriage and it is discovered that he's impotent.
Anything can happen to anyone.

The only exception is if one of them knows that he or she is sterile and still goes ahead to deceive the other into marriage without first coming clean.
In that case the marriage can be considered null and void because one person entered it blind.

4 Likes

Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by mistabiola: 4:15am On May 03, 2015
DuchessLily:

I wonder

Let's be realistic, here in Yoruba land our parents do say "Omo ni ere igbeyawo which means bearing children is the essence/benefit of marriage" If the guy sperm is wattery or infertile after like 7 years with all efforts in vain, will you be happy in such marriage ,be sincere
Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by mistabiola: 4:22am On May 03, 2015
cococandy:
you don't think the parents of the girl can pressurize the man after a few year too? Because you're assuming it has to be woman at fault. What if that's not the case?

After running several test and all the test have been showing that the woman is infertile, I'm very sure both party won't be happy with the union even if they really love eachother very much.
Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by cococandy(f): 4:25am On May 03, 2015
mistabiola:

After running several test and all the test have been showing that the woman is infertile, I'm very sure both party won't be happy with the union even if they really love eachother very much.
they certainly won't be happy with the situation. That's when it is important to remember the vows.

You still manage to dance around the possible case of the man's impotence. grin

Pls for clarity's sake, What if after several tests, and it confirmed that the man is not able to father a child, would you advise his wife to dump him and marry another man?
Yes? No? No vague answers pls
Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by mistabiola: 4:27am On May 03, 2015
tpiadotcom:

Is that what you would do?

I have seen a situation whereby the wife was the one telling his husband to marry another wife but the man refused. The wife is trying to be rational and not emotional. In my own case, I will be rational as well if I am the one with same issue.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by mistabiola: 4:31am On May 03, 2015
cococandy:
they certainly won't be happy with the situation. That's when it is important to remember the vows.

You still manage to dance around the possible case of the man's impotence. grin

Pls for clarity's sake, What if after several tests, and it confirmed that the man is not able to father a child, would you advise his wife to dump him and marry another man?
Yes? No? No vague answers pls

I have answered that already
I have seen a situation whereby the wife was the one telling his husband to marry another wife but the man refused. The wife is trying to be rational and not emotional. In my own case, I will be rational as well if I am the one with same issue.
Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by cococandy(f): 4:39am On May 03, 2015
mistabiola:

I have answered that already
oh ok.
Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by tpiadotcom: 4:47am On May 03, 2015
mistabiola:

Let's be realistic, here in Yoruba land our parents do say "Omo ni ere igbeyawo which means bearing children is the essence/benefit of marriage" If the guy sperm is wattery or infertile after like 7 years with all efforts in vain, will you be happy in such marriage ,be sincere

So what do you suggest?
Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by mistabiola: 4:54am On May 03, 2015
tpiadotcom:

So what do you suggest?

I have already answered that in my previous post sir. Good morning to you.
Re: Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? by tpiadotcom: 5:06am On May 03, 2015
Its afternoon now.

You did not answer the question of what should the wife do when the husband is infertile.

If you did, kindly repost.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies Would U?pix Attached / Help,an Unhappy Married Woman / My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.