Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Fiction - All That Glitters - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fiction - All That Glitters (2289 Views)

All That Glitters............. / Short Story: All That Glitters... / All That Glitters Are Not Gold-some May Be Shiny Metals (short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fiction - All That Glitters by merake78(m): 9:21pm On May 02, 2015
It haf teey papa died oh, so mama become our breadwinner. Mama is fery strict and strong, one day she cash me talking with ngozi in dark corner. She flog me well well and put pepper inside my eye and buttock. Mama say I must become successful person, so I can fit build her upstairs. I am mama only pickin so her eye always red for me.

Anytime my big brother dem come our house, mama use to tear eye and be observing things. I have 3 big brother that use to visit - brother Caleb, chibueze and Sean. Mama like only brother Sean, she say the others use to smoke igbo and pursue gehls too mush. One day she come house and catch Bro Chibueze with our landlord daughter inside, she say they commiting big sin.

Bro Sean is in unifasitee. He studying doctor. He like bukuru too mush, everytime he drag me to go and Sidon in library for plenty time. Mama say I should make him my mentor, that he teash me how to be voice in my generation. So I always be following him to church. Did I tell you brother is assistant pastor? He use to wear fine cloth and fry his hair. When I try to fry my own, mama nearly kill me with slap.

One day brother come back from school for church programme. He buy big bread. Mama rush to carry his bag and be smiling
like stock fish. We now enter inside house. He buy fine things for us, he give mama wrapper oh, we no get fuel so he tell mama to collect money from his wallet and buy. I thief the chewing gum I see inside his pocket.

Mama is searching the wallet and go find another thing. I look and see mama holding three small packet wey dem write gold circle. Mama start asking wharris the meaning of this. Brother cannot talk, he start stammering.

(1) (Reply)

Drama: The Church International (tci) / Revealed: Why I Was Disappointed In Chinua Achebe - Wole Soyinka / The Vamp, a vampire story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.