Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

(photos) 10 African Actors And Actresses That made It Big Time - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (photos) 10 African Actors And Actresses That made It Big Time (2957 Views)

10 African Countries With The Highest Military Strength And Fire Power / Buhari Poses With Kannywood Actors,pledges To Support Them [see Photo] / Shamelessness Of Nollywood Actors And Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(photos) 10 African Actors And Actresses That made It Big Time by mikron(m): 1:11am On May 03, 2015
African actors and actresses have been on the up and up in the film industry in the past 20 years, winning awards left and right and surprising the international audiences with their masterful skills. We love seeing some local flavour on the big screens, and so do crowds around the world! For this list, we’re focusing on stars that were born specifically in an African country. Discover our top picks for the most successful African actors and actresses.

1. Djimon Hounsou

Hounsou was born in Cotonou, Benin in 1964. He immigrated with his brothers to Lyon, France when he was 13. Soon after his arrival in France, Djimon became homeless. By chance, Hounsou met a photographer who introduced him to the designer Thierry Mugler who helped him become a model. He soon turned to acting and has since then starred in films such as Blood Diamond, Gladiator and Guardians of the Galaxy. He has also been nominated for two Academy Awards.
http://www.afrizap.com/en/10-african-actors-and-actresses-that-hit-the-big-time/10/

3 Likes

Re: (photos) 10 African Actors And Actresses That made It Big Time by ATMC(f): 1:16am On May 03, 2015
sleeping?
Re: (photos) 10 African Actors And Actresses That made It Big Time by Motolank: 2:30am On May 03, 2015
Only him is the actors/actresses?
Re: (photos) 10 African Actors And Actresses That made It Big Time by masseratti: 3:17am On May 03, 2015
Motolank:
Only him is the actors/actress?
Lolzzzz you funny
Re: (photos) 10 African Actors And Actresses That made It Big Time by Okoloiuy: 6:48am On May 03, 2015
Get 5Gb Free By Using VPN Soft On all Naija Network

I have been using this for the past 2 months now on my phone and PC using VPN soft, you get 5gb of data and browse free of charge. you can go here and get the full tutorial and software to use. It work on all naija network except cdma network like visafone. And it work without zapping your money. Go to and get it.

http://mobilesurfmagic..com/2015/05/5gb-on-all-network-in-nigeria-using-vpn.html

Give ur testimony:

1 Like

Re: (photos) 10 African Actors And Actresses That made It Big Time by maxman10(m): 4:23pm On May 03, 2015
mikron:
African actors and actresses have been on the up and up in the film industry in the past 20 years, winning awards left and right and surprising the international audiences with their masterful skills. We love seeing some local flavour on the big screens, and so do crowds around the world! For this list, we’re focusing on stars that were born specifically in an African country. Discover our top picks for the most successful African actors and actresses.

1. Djimon Hounsou

Hounsou was born in Cotonou, Benin in 1964. He immigrated with his brothers to Lyon, France when he was 13. Soon after his arrival in France, Djimon became homeless. By chance, Hounsou met a photographer who introduced him to the designer Thierry Mugler who helped him become a model. He soon turned to acting and has since then starred in films such as Blood Diamond, Gladiator and Guardians of the Galaxy. He has also been nominated for two Academy Awards.

Only him waka come?
Have you run out of resources or do you need a helping hand?
Re: (photos) 10 African Actors And Actresses That made It Big Time by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 03, 2015
Y u dhe "Buhari" us like dis
U give us better headline(manifesto) now I enter d thread to see peanut(don't expect magic)
May ya life not be booharid!
Re: (photos) 10 African Actors And Actresses That made It Big Time by mikron(m): 3:25am On May 04, 2015
maxman10:

Only him waka come?
Have you run out of resources or do you need a helping hand?
my broda na anti spam bot ban me since 3rd o. is there anything wrong with this topic that i should be banned? ti just dont know how these bans works
Re: (photos) 10 African Actors And Actresses That made It Big Time by mikron(m): 3:26am On May 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Y u dhe "Buhari" us like dis
U give us better headline(manifesto) now I enter d thread to see peanut(don't expect magic)
May ya life not be booharid!
my broda na anti spam bot ban me since 3rd o. is there anything wrong with this topic that i should be banned? ti just dont know how these bans works
Re: (photos) 10 African Actors And Actresses That made It Big Time by mikron(m): 3:26am On May 04, 2015
Motolank:
Only him is the actors/actresses?
my broda na anti spam bot ban me since 3rd o.
ATMC:
sleeping?
my broda na anti spam bot ban me since 3rd o. is there anything wrong with this topic that i should be banned?
Re: (photos) 10 African Actors And Actresses That made It Big Time by Motolank: 4:17am On May 04, 2015
mikron:
my broda na anti spam bot ban me since 3rd o.
Twelve strokes on his bott undecided who him be?
Re: (photos) 10 African Actors And Actresses That made It Big Time by kuuljay(m): 4:23am On May 04, 2015
mikron:
my broda na anti spam bot ban me since 3rd o. is there anything wrong with this topic that i should be banned?
probably you didn't include tonto dike on the list grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: (photos) 10 African Actors And Actresses That made It Big Time by mikron(m): 3:48am On May 05, 2015
2. Charlize Theron

Theron was born in Benoni, South Africa in 1975. She started her career as a dancer and model and studied dance at the New York Joffrey Ballet School until a knee injury ended her career. This didn’t deter her for long, as she went on to star in films like Men of Honor, Aeon Flux, Hancock and Monster for which she won an Academy

Re: (photos) 10 African Actors And Actresses That made It Big Time by mikron(m): 3:50am On May 05, 2015
3. Peter Mensah

Mensah was born in Accra, Ghana in 1959. He moved to the UK with his parents at a young age and started his acting career with a small role in The Long Island Incident. He has since gone from strength to strength, starring in big name films like Avatar, 300 and The Incredible Hulk.

Re: (photos) 10 African Actors And Actresses That made It Big Time by mikron(m): 3:51am On May 05, 2015
4. Benjamin Onyango Ochieng

Onyango was born in Nairobi, Kenya and left after training as an IT professional and realizing he wanted to be an actor. He has become the go-to guy in Hollywood for Swahili roles, as he speaks it fluently. Onyango has starred in films like Default, Tears of the Sun and God’s Not Dead.

Re: (photos) 10 African Actors And Actresses That made It Big Time by mikron(m): 3:52am On May 05, 2015
5. Liya Kebede

Kebede was born in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia in 1978. She started her career as a model (Check her out on our list of Top 10 Most Beautiful Female African Models), and has since tried her hand at some acting. She has starred in several films since then, most notably Lord of War, Desert Flower and The Best Offer.

Re: (photos) 10 African Actors And Actresses That made It Big Time by mikron(m): 3:54am On May 05, 2015
Arnold Vosloo

Vosloo was born in Pretoria, South Africa in 1962. He was born into an acting family and was discovered during a school play. He started his career in theatre but soon moved on to star in big films such as The Mummy, The Mummy Returns, GI Joe: The Rise of the Cobra and The Precious One.

Re: (photos) 10 African Actors And Actresses That made It Big Time by mikron(m): 3:57am On May 05, 2015
8. Tanit Phoenix

Another model-turned-actress from our Top 10 Most Beautiful Female African Models list. Phoenix was born in Durban, South Africa in 1980 and started her career mainly as a model. She leapt into an acting career by playing smaller roles until she starred in Gallowwalker with Wesley Snipes. Since, she has had roles in films such as Lost Boys: The Thirst, Spud and Death Race: Frankenstein Lives.

Re: (photos) 10 African Actors And Actresses That made It Big Time by mikron(m): 3:58am On May 05, 2015
9. Lupita Nyong’o

Lupita was born in 1983 in Mexico but was raised in Kenya. She worked as a production assistant on several movies, including the film The Constant Gardener, and graduated from the Yale School of Drama’s acting program in 2012. She impressed the world in her first feature film role in Steve McQueen’s historical drama 12 Years a Slave (2013), winning an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.

Re: (photos) 10 African Actors And Actresses That made It Big Time by mikron(m): 3:59am On May 05, 2015
10. Idris Elba

Idris Elba was born in London in 1972. His father is from Sierra Leone, and his mother from Ghana. Idris Elba starred in British productions before making his way to the United States. His breakthrough role came when he starred as a crime boss on the HBO show The Wire. In 2012, Idris Elba won a Golden Globe Award for his role on the BBC One series Luther. He also played Nelson Mandela in the biopic Long Walk to Freedom.

Re: (photos) 10 African Actors And Actresses That made It Big Time by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 05, 2015
mikron:
9. Lupita Nyong’o

Lupita was born in 1983 in Mexico but was raised in Kenya. She worked as a production assistant on several movies, including the film The Constant Gardener, and graduated from the Yale School of Drama’s acting program in 2012. She impressed the world in her first feature film role in Steve McQueen’s historical drama 12 Years a Slave (2013), winning an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.

Lupita stars in one big film and her networth shoot to $500 Million http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/lupita-nyongo-net-worth/

Now she is going to star in the lates Star wars:The force Awakens http://www.vulture.com/2015/05/first-look-at-driver-and-lupita-in-star-wars.html
Re: (photos) 10 African Actors And Actresses That made It Big Time by mikron(m): 8:34pm On May 05, 2015
denisfidha:

Lupita stars in one big film and her networth shoot to $500 Million http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/lupita-nyongo-net-worth/

Now she is going to star in the lates Star wars:The force Awakens http://www.vulture.com/2015/05/first-look-at-driver-and-lupita-in-star-wars.html
that's true

(1) (Reply)

Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark / The Game Gradually Changing As Obasanjo Issues Serious Warning To Buhari, His Me / Saraki’s Only Crime Is Similar To What Buhari Has Done 4 Times – Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.