Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

My Favourite Phrase And How It Changes Lives Globally - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Favourite Phrase And How It Changes Lives Globally (1032 Views)

"Ephraim Ononye Heals A Lady With Sickle Cell, Changes Genotype From SS To AA" / My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree / Obasanjo, Oyedepo’s Lives In Danger – Prophet Oladele Samuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Favourite Phrase And How It Changes Lives Globally by Justich(m): 6:10am On May 03, 2015
As humans in this world of toil, we go through diferent forms of struggle in our daily lives; and if theres one thing we all have in common,  amidst disparities such as race and class - it is the fact that the same thing happens to all of us : Life happens to all of us, and, we are all caught up in the same problems and tests life entertains us with.

We all go through issues in our marriages,  finances, relationships and otherwise. We all seek solutions to these issues - everyone of us.

This post is about my experience with life's problems, and one of the surest ways to sit on top of that situation you or your loved ones may be going through.

There is a magic phrase; oh! yea there is - a phrase capable of equipping with the strength, courage, amd wherewithal to handle any disaster life throws your way.

The phrase is ... wait for it smiley

"THANK YOU JESUS!"

Hmmm.... Just that? - Yes just that grin

But, hold on wait,...before you heave a sigh ( auto-reject) and leave the page, let me share with you some truths about this divine phrase and how it can change your life.

Firstly, I want us to look at the "art of thanksgiving" - the greatest civilisation in the world today (USA) have a National holiday set aside to give thanks for all the country and it's citizens enjoy.

There are several myths around the first American thanksgiving in 1621. Eleven months after the pilgrims had arrived at the tip of Cape cod, fearful and uninformed.According to Nathaniel Philbrick in his history mayflower. "By all rights, none of the pilgrims should not have emerged from the first winter alive."

But thanks to God, their faith, and help from the Native Americans, they did more than survive. They flourished and it became a virtous circle.

Most of us know this from personal experience, but for the last several years researchers have come to the conclusion that gratitude is a key component thay helps people live happier and longer.

From personal experience, it appears the more I give thanks, the more reasons I have to give thanks.

We all know a few materialistic people who expect possessions to make them happy , but usually they're all unhappy - no matter how much stuff they've got.

The reason, according to researchers at Baylor University, is that by focusing on what we do not have, we are less likely to give thanks for what we do have. And gratitude leads directly to feelings of satisfaction and well being.

How? According to research reported by Robert A Emmons and Anjali Mishra, there are several scientifically supported ways gratitude helps us flourish. These four reasons compel me to give thanks always.

1) Gratitude boosts our health. Grateful people live longer than others and visit doctors less often. Thankfullness helps us sleep better, regulates blood pressure, and reduces physical complaints.

2) Gratitude sustains our relationships. Quick question, Do you like hanging out with people who complain and murmur? Me neither. It is gratitude that draws people closer, strenghtens ties and builds trust. In marriages, among friends , families, and even in the workplace.

3) Gratitude shields us from negative emotions. When we focus on how our decisions could have turned out better, or what we dont have, we become resentful, envious and regret builds up in us. Guess what - gratitude keeps those feelings at bay.

4) Gratitude reduces our stress. Thankfullness redirects our attention from our numerous difficulties to the numerous benefits we enjoy. Imagine having a stockpile of good and happy thoughts for when times get tough. It helps us let go of our losses and be connected to friends and family.

Considering these four benefits gratitude accords us, we have very good reasons to give thanks more than ocassionally or when we feel like it.

Cultivating gratitude to God makes each day worth living and will even add more days to our lives.

The Lord has done great things : Everything He made was good; He alone gave us the earth for our inhabitation,
the breath of life, our families and all material possessions.

He alone deserves all praise and thanksgiving - and the most interesting part of it is: praise and thanksgiving is His food, He dwells in it. He's a hardworker, also a big eater.

So when the headaches start, when your contract approval gets delayed, when your loved ones are hospitalised;  all you need do to stay on top of the matter and conquer it is be grateful to God - for all you already have and posess.

However we do it - make lists of our blessings, keep gratitude journals, practice mindfulness, pray, find a trigger to pause and express thanks (alarm beep anyone smiley) , writing notes to colleagues and friends - lets make sure we do it.

"Scream thank You Jesus, scream Lord you are worth to be praised , remember all you have and enjoy and let it provoke your spirit to give thanks."

Question : What are you grateful to God for right now? Share your answers with friends here on nairaland , facebook, twitter or linkedin.

Stay blessed brothers and sisters smiley

http://michaelhyatt.com/gratitude-advantage.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Favourite Phrase And How It Changes Lives Globally by Svelteb(f): 6:22am On May 03, 2015
Nice 1 op, gratitude is d key. It even ushers in greater blessings... when u r grateful for the little given to u then u av paved a way 4 a greater 1.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Favourite Phrase And How It Changes Lives Globally by Nobody: 8:54am On May 03, 2015
Svelteb:
Nice 1 op, gratitude is d key. It even ushers in greater blessings... when u r grateful for the little given to u then u av paved a way 4 a greater 1.
Grow up christians and Think!,what if a con man hit a lick off people,gives gratitude to god,does it mean he's gonna flourish the more and if yes,what if its you who fails prey or victim to him how would you feel?
Re: My Favourite Phrase And How It Changes Lives Globally by Svelteb(f): 1:20pm On May 03, 2015
aaronson:
Grow up christians and Think!,what if a con man hit a lick off people,gives gratitude to god,does it mean he's gonna flourish the more and if yes,what if its you who fails prey or victim to him how would you feel?
this isn't about religion at all aaronson..its a common man knowledge that whn u show gratitude for the favour received earlier, dn u r sure 2 get anoda. Let me ask u dis, will u b encouraged to do more if u helped som1 wt #20 nd d person looked @ d money like it were som piece of trash or like 'is dis d best u can giv' nd dis same person coms d nxt day askn 4 money

1 Like

Re: My Favourite Phrase And How It Changes Lives Globally by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 03, 2015
Svelteb:
this isn't about religion at all aaronson..its a common man knowledge that whn u show gratitude for the favour received earlier, dn u r sure 2 get anoda. Let me ask u dis, will u b encouraged to do more if u helped som1 wt #20 nd d person looked @ d money like it were som piece of trash or like 'is dis d best u can giv' nd dis same person coms d nxt day askn 4 money
Most definitely I agree with you on this one but reason I started out having to reply you was because you saw it in line with the op's religion crap,so I had to step In to make sure religion and morality are really world apart.

(1) (Reply)

I Dnt Believe In Nonsence, But How About You BASTERD Jesus Christ (FAKE) / Love Will Cause Us To Prosper / Why Don't The Jews (christ Tribe) Believe In Jesus Christ.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.