Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

A Hint Of Darkness. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Hint Of Darkness. (8000 Views)

Light And Darkness (new Book From Me To Nairalanders) / The Prince Of Darkness / A State Of Darkness; Understanding Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by ritababe(f): 6:47am On May 04, 2015
Opk
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by ritababe(f): 6:48am On May 04, 2015
Opk
hfinest1:
nice story.... eniqurl I sight you, tunery004 I double sight you boss... you are mouthed... wey hurklan and liljboy?

u nor fit call me abi
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by liljboy(m): 6:53am On May 04, 2015
davidflo
great storyline but didn't end well. you should have spiced it up a Lil bit tho.... anyways I think I should write someday.... inspiring!
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by bawelat: 7:27am On May 04, 2015
thanks davidflo, a passionate plea when a u finishing d players curse.thanks again
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by hfinest1(m): 7:34am On May 04, 2015
ritababe:
Opk

u nor fit call me abi
i for call u na... but make I no com call u make YINKS98 no come think say na something else naundecided
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by ritababe(f): 7:38am On May 04, 2015
hfinest1:
i for call u na... but make I no com call u make YINKS98 no come think say na something else naundecided

no oh he wont, or wil u @yinks89
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by Nobody: 8:03am On May 04, 2015
tunery004:
Nice story davidflo. Where have u been all dis while? Eniqurl, hurklan, hfinest1, pinkycute, danyel09, BeeBeeOoh make una come enjoy this short story oooo
*drives in 1969 Pro Touring Camaro*
Bro tunery004, thanks for the mention mahn
Am really tired,need to crash, will return soon
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by IDFWU(m): 9:39am On May 04, 2015
Davidflo

Shii hasn't been more real than this. Guess these will serve as a warning to 'em niqqaz straffing anonymous b!tches. Damn but I feel 4 ya virgin A-hole, dripping blood and all that shii. Hope its not leaking poop now grin
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:24am On May 04, 2015
danyel09:
*drives in 1969 Pro Touring Camaro*
Bro tunery004, thanks for the mention mahn
Am really tired,need to crash, will return soon
everyday u dey drive in. Mak e no b sey na pepul car(s) u dey Aninirize oh. Ajus dey lukew..
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by kenwins(f): 10:29am On May 04, 2015
Awesome dav! Tags: awwal339 and scopiicaar
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by hfinest1(m): 10:34am On May 04, 2015
ritababe:

no oh he wont, or wil u @yinks89
I no sure o.... u kno he's a very jealous lover... dnt worry, I'll make it up for not calling you wink
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by Nobody: 10:38am On May 04, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
everyday u dey drive in. Mak e no b sey na pepul car(s) u dey Aninirize oh. Ajus dey lukew..
grin grin grin grin grinno naa, na me get all of them grin grin
If u come my garage, u go see dem for there smiley
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:42am On May 04, 2015
danyel09:
grin grin grin grin grinno naa, na me get all of them grin grin
If u come my garage, u go see dem for there smiley
astill dey lukew wit 1 I.. wink
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by Wendysmart(f): 11:01am On May 04, 2015
Nice 1.. I think we all should stick to hilarious didactic short stories like these. Davidflo I learnt one cant use wrong to right a wrong.
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by Trypa(f): 11:28am On May 04, 2015
davidflo:

I didn't know who the first person to find me was, but the room was filled with policemen when i regained consciousness. I was still naked with blood on the sheets.

A man with a lot of tribal marks was asking me questions like who i was, where are my other gang members, where did we hide the things we stole from the house. I just kept crying. Some of the officers were laughing at me, each was telling the others why they thought my colleagues had tied me u and left me behind. Most agreed it was greed, that i was probably trying to run away with all they had stolen from the professors house.

That was when I remembered the artwork in the parlour. That must have been the professor and his wife. I realised i had been used by the girl to rob the house, her gang member had met up with her and......oh my God.

I decided to tell the tribal marked guy all that happened. He nodded and kept taking notes, i wondered why he didn't unbound me, but i kept talking.

The he asked me two questions.

"What is her name?"

"I don't know", i replied.

"His name?"

"I don't know"

The other policemen started laughing at me. I wondered if he was going t laugh to but he didn't, until he asked me one last question.

"So him Bleep you for yansh?"

"Yes"

Then they all laughed louder, including my interrogator.

Some minutes later I was handcuffed and taken to their station, where i was locked up without charge or trial for two weeks.

On a sunday afternoon, I was suddenly called from my cell that I had made bail. I got to the counter to see Shade at the other side. She cried as soon as she saw me, I tried to be strong but I cried to.

As she drove me to her house, she told me everybody was looking for me and no one thought about checking the police station until my abandoned car was recovered at Dugbe.

"Dapo, tell me, what happened?"

I kept quiet for a while, then i spoke.

"Its a very short story...but first, please forgive me."

The end.

Dave thanks for dis wonderful piece

But dave what about our oda story na
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by ritababe(f): 12:00pm On May 04, 2015
hfinest1:
I no sure o.... u kno he's a very jealous lover... dnt worry, I'll make it up for not calling you wink

ok
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by LarrySun(m): 12:15pm On May 04, 2015
IDFWU:

There is no such thing as "re-read" b4 u pick on people's errors, try working on yours 1st. MISTAKE, that's why we called human. But davidflo no offence man the typos are really much, try 2 review b4 posting.
I will not stoop to your level of mediocrity. I'm surprised that your intellect is not honed enough to understand the significance of the prefix 're'.
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by IDFWU(m): 12:49pm On May 04, 2015
LarrySun:
I will not stoop to your level of mediocrity. I'm surprised that your intellect is not honed enough to understand the significance of the prefix 're'.
Easy man don't talk crap @ me. Its "reread" with no hyphen. Visit ya dictionary, difficult people everywhere...SMH next thing u be like re-cap, re-post over recap, repost. It may look wrong without the hypen but that's the right way don't spice it up, its no dish!.
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by LarrySun(m): 4:45pm On May 04, 2015
IDFWU:

Easy man don't talk crap @ me. Its "reread" with no hyphen. Visit ya dictionary, difficult people everywhere...SMH next thing u be like re-cap, re-post over recap, repost. It may look wrong without the hypen but that's the right way don't spice it up, its no dish!.
It's such a pity. Read these:

Verb 1. reread - read anew; read again; "He re-read her letters to him"
↔ read - interpret something that is
written or printed; "read the
advertisement"; "Have you read
Salman Rushdie?"

Source:

www.thefreedictionary.com/reread

Question: Which is correct? 'reread' or 're-read'?

Answer [by Robert Charles Lee]: Either is fine. Reread (solid) and re-read (hyphenated) are used in equal measure in all sorts of writing. Once you use one version, stick to it throughout the copy.

Source: www.quora.com/Which-is-correct-reread-or-re-read

Besides, IDFWU, if you aim to correct someone else's English expression, at least write in correct grammar yourself. There is a difference between Its and It's. Perhaps, that dictionary that has been confusing you can still rescue you from your ignorance.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by YINKS89(m): 6:46pm On May 04, 2015
hfinest1:
guy park well o. I no dey play wif ma bby.
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by lumzybo: 7:22pm On May 04, 2015
The 2 of una wey dey form grammarian 4 this thread I dey look una ooo....

It's like u guy gett personal beef wey una dey carry abt. Anyways, make una RELAX!!!

@davidflo, nice story as always buh pls don't forget ur abandoned stories broo
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by IDFWU(m): 8:40pm On May 04, 2015
LarrySun:

Salman Rushdie?"

Source:

Answer [by Robert Charles Lee]: Either is fine. Reread (solid) and re-read (hyphenated) are used in equal measure in all sorts of writing. Once you use one version, stick to it throughout the copy.

Besides, IDFWU, if you aim to correct someone else's English expression, at least write in correct grammar yourself. There is a difference between Its and It's. Perhaps, that dictionary that has been confusing you can still rescue you from your ignorance.
"Write in a correct grammar yourself". Oops! Mr right just made a blunder. Anyways I'm Ray Charles to ya BS, I couldn't agree less, just like I suspected you so full of sh*!. You go about picking on other peoples mistakes rather than correcting them. Doesn't that make you worse than they are? Take them shoes off your teeth & quit running your mouth dude.
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by kenwins(f): 8:41am On May 05, 2015
IDFWU:

"Write in a correct grammar yourself". Oops! Mr right just made a blunder. Anyways I'm Ray Charles to ya BS, I couldn't agree less, just like I suspected you so full of sh*!. You go about picking on other peoples mistakes rather than correcting them. Doesn't that make you worse than they are? Take them shoes off your teeth & quit running your mouth dude.
Easy now, I. All larrysun did was to let dave know there were errors and he wasn't the only one who did that. Besides, larry proved himself right already so why continually picking on him?

What's larry called a writer and a reader for if he doesn't put writers in the know of their errors (typo.. or gramma...).

Seriously, the tone you used trying to tell larry he was wrong about re-read(which is right afterall) was rather a high pitch. These things are not done this way ooo.

Cc: Standd, D9ty7, Kayemjay.....
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by LarrySun(m): 8:56am On May 05, 2015
kenwins:

Easy now, I. All larrysun did was to let dave know there were errors and he wasn't the only one who did that. Besides, larry proved himself right already so why continually picking on him?

What's larry called a writer and a reader for if he doesn't put writers in the know of their errors (typo.. or gramma...).

Seriously, the tone you used trying to tell larry he was wrong about re-read(which is right afterall) was rather a high pitch. These things are not done this way ooo.

Cc: Standd, D9ty7, Kayemjay.....
Thank you, ma'am. I wanted to give the baboon a serious ear-cleaning, but because of your comment, I will only warn him.

IDFWU:

I suppose, to your diminishing mentality, the bolded is a correct grammatical construction. I wonder who your role model is.

And, goodness! See this pathetic marsupial trying to correct my expression with a ridiculous but unnecessary input of an article. Your English teacher should be weeping. Your folly is an insult to stup!d!ty. Just look at how dumb you just appeared! You just shot yourself in the foot because it itched you. Come on, cut down on your beans intake because you're so full of flatulence right now.

Apparently, in reality, your mouth must be preceding your brain (well, if you call that pap God deposited in your head a brain). I don't claim to be all-knowing, but it is not an excuse for a torn condom like you that would square off with me on grammatical constructions. From their obscenities, we shall know them.

Please, don't let me insult you, sir.

The next time you reply me with your head still in your anus, I will take you down to the chat thread and give you the whipping you deserve. I know you will still display your talent in mental-depreciation by replying me. We all know that showing how stupId you are is a reflex action.

Kindly forgive me, Davidflo. It was not my intention to derail your thread, but some runaway kangaroos will keep bleating. It's annoying in the least. This is the last time I will reply this knuckleheaded piece of garbage HERE.

God bless you, Davidflo. Keep up the good work. smiley

1 Like

Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by Nobody: 9:16am On May 05, 2015
Sir Larrysun! I never knew you too, sir, possessed this much prowess in landing oratory smack downs.

As for me, and people like me who can't land these smack downs, we have learnt never to descend into the swamp to wrestle insanity. It always wins; or it always seems to.

By the way sir, I have sent a reply to your 'message'. I just want to be sure it was delivered, sir. smiley

PS: You have got a nice work here, Sir Davidflo. Something else led me here, but now, I seem to be lost in the beauty of the craft. Keep the ball rolling, sir. smiley

1 Like

Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by kayemjay(m): 9:18am On May 05, 2015
Choi! Larrysun! There is God o!

Oya me I want to challenge you to a duel of grammar in a higi-haga, crincum-crancum, obi okpor kakistomoboplutocracy.

Oya, lets start!

Shey you think you can yab abi? Oya I dey wait for you.

tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by davidflo(m): 9:58am On May 05, 2015
Laphtarjay:
Awesome piece bro... Pls keep the flag flying... And don't forget that you can do better!

But I need you help clear something...

"Some of the officers were laughing at
me, each was telling the others why they
thought my colleagues had tied me u and left
me behind. Most agreed it was greed, that i
was probably trying to run away with all they
had stolen from the professors house.
That was when I remembered the artwork in
the parlour. That must have been the
professor and his wife. I realised i had been
used by the girl to rob the house, her gang
member had met up with her and......oh my
God."[s]Awesome piece bro... Pls keep the flag flying... And don't forget that you can do better!

But I need you to help clear something...

God."[/s]Awesome piece bro... Pls keep the flag flying... And don't forget that you can do better!

But here is my observation. I would love it if you help clarify things on this area (it's unclear to me).

God."

Was the guy actually found in the professor's house from which the thieves stole?

If the answer is a yes, how did they manage to enter and sleep there overnight.

I guess I'm not too unclear in the way I've asked.
THANKS.

It was a robbery from the onset, the girl was a thief, must have done her findings, way to get in, residents having travelled and all...Dapo was in the dark.
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by IDFWU(m): 10:11am On May 05, 2015
LarrySun:
Thank you, ma'am. I wanted to give the baboon a serious ear-cleaning, but because of your comment, I will only warn him.

I suppose, to your diminishing mentality, the bolded is a correct grammatical construction. I wonder who your role model is.

And, goodness! See this pathetic marsupial trying to correct my expression with a ridiculous but unnecessary input of an article. Your English teacher should be weeping. Your folly is an insult to stup!d!ty. Just look at how dumb you just appeared! You just shot yourself in the foot because it itched you. Come on, cut down on your beans intake because you're so full of flatulence right now.

Apparently, in reality, your mouth must be preceding your brain (well, if you call that pap God deposited in your head a brain). I don't claim to be all-knowing, but it is not an excuse for a torn condom like you that would square off with me on grammatical constructions. From their obscenities, we shall know them.

Please, don't let me insult you, sir.

The next time you reply me with your head still in your anus, I will take you down to the chat thread and give you the whipping you deserve. I know you will still display your talent in mental-depreciation by replying me. We all know that showing how stupId you are is a reflex action.

Kindly forgive me, Davidflo. It was not my intention to derail your thread, but some runaway kangaroos will keep bleating. It's annoying in the least. This is the last time I will reply this knuckleheaded piece of garbage HERE.

God bless you, Davidflo. Keep up the good work. smiley
Whew! Boring! I'll take this as ya low life autobiography though. And hey, less I forget how could you be so daft not to realise this take them shoes of your teeth & quit running your mouth is a metaphor huh? Go review ya figure of speech dude. Because my time is too precious to insult you thoroughly, STFU & GTFO, take the hint Punk!
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by LarrySun(m): 10:20am On May 05, 2015
IDFWU:

Whew! Boring! I'll take this as ya low life autobiography though. And hey, less I forget how could you be so daft not to realise this take them shoes of your mouth & quit running your mouth is a metaphor huh? Go review ya figure speech dude. Because my time is too precious to insult you thoroughly, STFU & GTFO, take the hint Punk!
It's 'lest I forget'. Clearly, you need help.
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by joseph1832(m): 10:29am On May 05, 2015
LarrySun:

Salman Rushdie?"

Source:

Awesome. Nicely put bro!. Besides, who cares if its reread or re-read, as long as the message is understood, then its fine with me. After all, we are not writing WAEC here are we.

IDFWU:

The problem with these kind of people is that they too much believe they know everything!.
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by IDFWU(m): 10:34am On May 05, 2015
LarrySun:
It's 'lest I forget'. Clearly, you need help.
But I don't think you are fit enough to correct me if identifying a metaphor was an issue for you.
Re: A Hint Of Darkness. by liljboy(m): 10:35am On May 05, 2015
some people are swift to pick out loopholes of others
......BUT DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO THEIR FATHER IS

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) / Xenophobia.... A Short Story.. / Distraction ...a Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.