Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,263 members, 7,818,891 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? (22587 Views)

Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor / Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? by mapet: 8:45am On May 06, 2015
Hello,

Please wake up from your slumber. What has Korede Bello contributed to the Christendom to justify a "fluke God-song", God win as a model song to be sung in church? Is it because it has God win in it? What scripture is the song espousing that we can tell christian-folks to learn from? I donget alert You think we just sing songs in Church because it has God in it?

Well except I am to assume I am having a discussion with a person of another level of spiritual understanding, obviously like Alibaba, then what's the issue. Femi Kuti, the Shoki guy and all the likes can as well "smuggle" God into their lyrical lines and we should adopt them in churches and in the name of "they are glorifying God"
emorse:

Steeeewpeeeed and dumb ass question. Are the songs you mentioned above gospel songs? Is Korede's song not glorifying God? Or are you over righteous and self serving bunch just being judgemental of his personality?
Re: If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? by mapet: 8:59am On May 06, 2015
Meanwhile, my tots on Alibaba's submission are these

1. It shows Alibaba himself is lacking in spiritual knowledge and understanding.
2. Tithe is an injunction from God, "Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house......." and not from the pastor.
3. Tithe is primarily acknowledging God in worship and not a substance to appease any man or pastor
4. Where Korede Bello pays his tithe (If he does) (his name suggests he's a muslim) is not anybody's preoccupation, not the pastor and not even Alibaba.
5. The condition to be "rapturable" and join the saints triumphant is clearly stated. Pay your tithe religiously if you like, if you fall short, then.......

So I state again, Alibaba just made a steeeeewwwwwpppppidddddd goofffff of a statement
Re: If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? by Nobody: 9:02am On May 06, 2015
cheesy
visionjoe:

Will u sharap! Answer his question. I am yet to understand the tonne of fanatic and pharisee Christian we have in Naija today.
U claim to hate the song in d church but it is ur best track outside church
Don't deceive yourself, the guy has given a wonderful message as outlined in Psalms 24. Go pick your bible and read.
Don't always criticize all things as unholy. He is also preaching a message to all his fellow worldly singers about the place of God in everything they do no matter their opinion on how they have worked hard for it.
Stop the unbiblical critic please

©ONNI, Joseph Yusuf
GodWin™ by Korede Bello
Re: If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? by PAnaceA7(m): 9:18am On May 06, 2015
phintohlar:
u go ask google nah.. Lol
Even google no fit answer dis one... Pple are just disturbing theirself over dis song meanwhile the guy is making his money... Whats my business If he choose to give tithe or not
Re: If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? by michelism(m): 9:24am On May 06, 2015
Do you realize that it's not all money given as offerings or tithes that's acceptable by God? Even if he decides to give it, if it does not honour God, I stand to be corrected, it is a wasted cash; because God will not accept it.
From a man's point of view, he's not a christain(born again), so his tithes and offerings shouldn't be acceptable by God. But are we God? Only God decides what he wants!
Re: If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? by flakey94: 9:26am On May 06, 2015
Where he pays his tithe or what he does with it is between him and his maker!

The fact that he sang 'Godwin' does not mean he should be allowed to sing in a church, the problem is that most people forget the purpose of worship and expect to be entertained when they go to Mosques or Churches.
Re: If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? by EmmyDe25(m): 10:13am On May 06, 2015
Yustash001:
The last time I check....tithe is voluntary not compulsory...
Really?

1 Like

Re: If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? by Zeke1(m): 12:39pm On May 06, 2015
Yes he should pay his tithes from the song, because that is where he get his income from. And you can also read the book of malachi 3:10-11 and the book of prov 3:9, you will understand what tithes is.
Re: If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? by saltoftheearth: 1:02pm On May 06, 2015

Re: If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? by mrbeam: 1:54pm On May 06, 2015
WETIN CONCERN UNA, UNA MUST TALK WETIN NO FOLLOW, ABEG GO FIND BETTER WORK DO JOOR
Re: If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? by emorse(m): 3:35pm On May 06, 2015
mapet:
Hello,

Please wake up from your slumber. What has Korede Bello contributed to the Christendom to justify a "fluke God-song", God win as a model song to be sung in church? Is it because it has God win in it? What scripture is the song espousing that we can tell christian-folks to learn from? I donget alert You think we just sing songs in Church because it has God in it?

Well except I am to assume I am having a discussion with a person of another level of spiritual understanding, obviously like Alibaba, then what's the issue. Femi Kuti, the Shoki guy and all the likes can as well "smuggle" God into their lyrical lines and we should adopt them in churches and in the name of "they are glorifying God"

You know what the problem is? You people feel there has to be some form of indoctrination and acceptance into Christianity. Worse still, you feel this acceptance has to come from you.

You say God is omnipotent,... and unquestionable yet you limit and judge his actions. You say all good things come from God. That I presume includes Korede's success yet his work is not good enough to glorify God because a "man of god" said so.

Would you have made any noise at all if Frank Edwards or some other "gospel" artiste had sung this song? A good example is Flo's "Tuale". A common street slang suddenly became acceptable because a choir master did the song.

We all have a right to our own opinions anyway, I just choose to back mine with some simple logical reasoning and critical thinking. Peace.
Re: If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? by Jsmile(m): 5:31pm On May 06, 2015
FlirtyKaren:
I was online surfing the web when I stumbled on a drama that was playing out on comedian Alibaba's Twitter timeline. He had said he was in church today when the saxophonist started playing Korede's Godwin. You remember the chaos that also played out on blogs and social media the last time Korede himself performed that song in church for Easter.

So, Alibaba was surprised and asked too if that was ok. And like the last time, most of his followers totally condemned it. Then Alibaba asked these questions which I would really love to hear what you all think guys. See them below.

If Korede can't sing Godwin in church, can he bring tithe from the money he made from the song to church?

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/05/who-has-answers-to-this-question-please.html

If he likes, he bring if he likes he should not bring. God is not a begger. With or without his tithe the church will still move on. For "Godwin" I just started hearing about the slogan, never knew its a song. but so far he's not Child of God (not the type we have now that anything goes ) that music is not allowed in the body km Christ cos our God is not an author of confusion.
Re: If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? by phintohlar(f): 11:21pm On May 06, 2015
PAnaceA7:

Even google no fit answer dis one... Pple are just disturbing theirself over dis song meanwhile the guy is making his money... Whats my business If he choose to give tithe or not
I tire ooh
Re: If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? by brocab: 1:41pm On May 07, 2015
Can you tell us what tithes are? And could you share with us' when and where did God tell you to pay tithes, either by word or voice, and what part in scripture does it say tithing is Money, to back up word or voice?
Because I am now confuse..
Zeke1:
Yes he should pay his tithes from the song, because that is where he get his income from. And you can also read the book of malachi 3:10-11 and the book of prov 3:9, you will understand what tithes is.
Re: If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? by Maryannlive(f): 7:54pm On May 07, 2015
thelish:
so for ur mind, u don answer d question
I Don answer am crystal clear
Re: If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? by Maryannlive(f): 7:55pm On May 07, 2015
brocab:
Can you tell us what tithes are? And could you share with us' when and where did God tell you to pay tithes, either by word or voice, and what part in scripture does it say tithing is Money, to back up word or voice?
Because I am now confuse..

"Zeke1:
Yes he should pay his tithes from the song, because that is where he get his income from. And you can also read the book of malachi 3:10-11 and the book of prov 3:9, you will understand what tithes is."

Exactly, well spoken
Re: If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? by brocab: 9:57pm On May 07, 2015
Malachi 3:10-11, Exactly what are you getting at, do you believe you are a Levi priest and you deserve to receives tithes, in what way does the scripture tells us in Old Testament how one should pay there tithes?
Proverbs 3:9-10, Honor the Lord with all your possessions, And with the first fruits of all your increase. V'10 So your barns will be filled with plenty, And you vats will overflow with new wine. Not money.

Exactly your well spoken theory, no-longer stands fern in scripture no-more.
Someone needs to help you intrepid these old testament scriptures so someone can understand to true meaning how it was, and how it is, in this day and age. cool
The truth will set you free. grin
Maryannlive:

"Zeke1:
Yes he should pay his tithes from the song, because that is where he get his income from. And you can also read the book of malachi 3:10-11 and the book of prov 3:9, you will understand what tithes is."

Exactly, well spoken
Re: If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? by brocab: 10:50pm On May 07, 2015
A non born again donates his money only because his not sure how one should honour God, usually this happens in the Catholic Church where the money theory started from.
And plus not all born again Christians believe in tithing money to a Church, it isn't scriptural.
bigblxd:
@ OP, someone should pls help me tell Alibaba that tithing is only for born again christians; at best a non born again is merely donating his money to church each time he purports to be tithing. Besides, we don't do anyone any favour by paying our tithes not even the pastor but ourselves.
Re: If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? by StarryV(f): 8:39pm On Oct 18, 2015
Yustash001:
The last time I check....tithe is voluntary not compulsory...
Guy u are only telling me that u don't study ur bible very well. Tithe is not voluntary, it is compulsory. According to the book of Malachi 3:10. Go and read it and u will agree with me that it is compulsory because the last time I checked dat bible verse, there was no "PLEASE" attached to it. So it almost like a command that must be obeyed. So start paying your tithe if u've not been a faithful tither.
Re: If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? by elysianevents: 3:24am On Nov 14, 2015
1. let's remember GOD or his Church will neVER...need your money ..GOD owns it all in the 1st place.Psalms 24.1
2. Tithes are paid by Only God's Children. Mal 3:6-7. so if you are not truely saved(or understand the the principle)..you are only donating or wasting money because it won't yield returns.
3. then coming to...one of the founding fathers of comedy..if Godwin is sang to glorify GOD absolutely, then, it is accepted (Psalms 149:1-3,Psalms 147:1,Psalms 148:7,12)..but the singer must be God's child (psalms 148:14).
4. but personally the idea i have when i heard the song on radio is...cool...God be praised..i got alert smiley..i don't know of the other songs ooo

FlirtyKaren:
I was online surfing the web when I stumbled on a drama that was playing out on comedian Alibaba's Twitter timeline. He had said he was in church today when the saxophonist started playing Korede's Godwin. You remember the chaos that also played out on blogs and social media the last time Korede himself performed that song in church for Easter.

So, Alibaba was surprised and asked too if that was ok. And like the last time, most of his followers totally condemned it. Then Alibaba asked these questions which I would really love to hear what you all think guys. See them below.

If Korede can't sing Godwin in church, can he bring tithe from the money he made from the song to church?

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/05/who-has-answers-to-this-question-please.html
Re: If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? by elysianevents: 3:56am On Nov 14, 2015
am sorry o, since you need to pay tithes it must be done God's way and only so..heartily..willingly..(2corinthians 9:7)for it to be acceptable(Malachi 3:10).
.it is to be paid by every one because it is your increase not your salary..but one tenth of every income(leviticus 27:30 and 32)
...you must see tithes as an addition(malachi 3:10,11and12)...giving to him of his house is not a burden (malachi 4:13-15)
otherwise i will categorically tell you..stop paying tithes..to any place that they beg or pray you to give tithes..
Ebubest:
thank u, tell dem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? / Truly, The Forbidden Fruit Is Sex! / Bishop Oyedepo And Bishop Wale Oke Back In The Days (PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.