Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,180 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Shooting At Muhammad Cartoon Contest In Texas - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shooting At Muhammad Cartoon Contest In Texas (1354 Views)

Pastors In Texas Don't Have To Bless Or Join Gay Couples / United State Of America To Have The First Sharia Court In Texas / Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shooting At Muhammad Cartoon Contest In Texas by AAinEqGuinea: 2:19am On May 04, 2015
GARLAND, Texas (AP) — A contest for cartoons depictions of the Prophet Muhammad in a Dallas suburb is on lockdown after authorities reported a shooting outside the building.

An officer dressed in SWAT gear took the stage toward the end of the event at the Curtis Culwell Center in Garland and told attendees, including an Associated Press reporter, that a shooting had occurred. He said one officer and two suspects were shot.

It wasn't immediately clear if the shooting was related to the event.

Garland Police Department spokesman Joe Harn declined to confirm the SWAT officer's statements and said he had no details.

The New York-based American Freedom Defense Initiative was hosting a contest that would award $10,000 for the best cartoon depicting the Prophet Muhammad at the venue.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/officer-shooting-muhammad-cartoon-contest-texas-005227724.html

The cost of trolling a sect of people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shooting At Muhammad Cartoon Contest In Texas by onetrack(m): 7:25am On May 04, 2015
At least this time the shooters were killed before they could kill anyone. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Shooting At Muhammad Cartoon Contest In Texas by dalaman: 7:50am On May 04, 2015
Why kill people because Mohammad was ridiculed?
Re: Shooting At Muhammad Cartoon Contest In Texas by truthman2012(m): 9:37am On May 04, 2015
Re: Shooting At Muhammad Cartoon Contest In Texas by AAinEqGuinea: 10:01am On May 04, 2015
dalaman:
Why kill people because Mohammad was ridiculed?

I agree, but this event served only one purpose which was to antagonize Muslims. Those American lives can exist without offending people by drawing Muhammad, instead they were purposely pushing and then wondering why the middle eastern world hates the U.S. for the most part.

That freedom of speech cost lives in France and Denmark just this year alone. I hope these GI joes don't think we're invincible and untouchable

1 Like

Re: Shooting At Muhammad Cartoon Contest In Texas by dalaman: 3:17pm On May 04, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

I agree, but this event served only one purpose which was to antagonize Muslims. Those American lives can exist without offending people by drawing Muhammad, instead they were purposely pushing and then wondering why the middle eastern world hates the U.S. for the most part.

That freedom of speech cost lives in France and Denmark just this year alone. I hope these GI joes don't think we're invincible and untouchable

If Allah or Mohammad is ridiculed, Allah himself should destroy those that ridicule him and Mohammad his messenger. Muslims claim Allah is the creator and sustainer of all human life. He should destroy those that affront him by himself.
Re: Shooting At Muhammad Cartoon Contest In Texas by husnath(m): 3:40pm On May 04, 2015
I Strongly condemn the defamatory contest happening live in #Texas. Americans are malevolenting our Prophet # Muhammad (S.A.W), targeting #Islam & Spreading #hates .Ya #Allah, befall a great calamity upon them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shooting At Muhammad Cartoon Contest In Texas by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 04, 2015
Re: Shooting At Muhammad Cartoon Contest In Texas by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 04, 2015
Islam is synonymous with terrorism and Muslims have themselves to blame.
[size=1pt](That's racist!!!)[/size]

1 Like

Re: Shooting At Muhammad Cartoon Contest In Texas by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 04, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

F**k Mohammad! Go to Arab countries and see how blacks are trashed yet no black people are shooting them in their various countries. I hope the cartoon thing continues.

2 Likes

Re: Shooting At Muhammad Cartoon Contest In Texas by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 04, 2015
all4naija:
F**k Mohammad! Go to Arab countries and see how blacks are trashed yet no black people are shooting them in their various countries. I hope the cartoon thing continues.

It amazes me how black Muslims are the first ones to condemn "the West" for racism and discrimination while ignoring the loooooong history of racism from the Arab world. From the still ongoing slave trade to he everyday casual racism. Perhaps they need history lessons.

1 Like

Re: Shooting At Muhammad Cartoon Contest In Texas by AAinEqGuinea: 7:33pm On May 04, 2015
all4naija:

Good point... And whites are killing blacks too. The difference here is whites are purposely antagonizing Muslims to make it seem as if they can justifiably shoot them. They know what buttons to push, but will suddenly cry over 9/11 or when their extremists chop their white heads off for all the world to see. That's all I'm saying. Normally I'd say more, but again you brought up a good point.

I've seen and heard stories of how Arab Muslims treat black Muslims and it's equally disgusting.
Re: Shooting At Muhammad Cartoon Contest In Texas by Anas09: 8:13pm On May 04, 2015
Dis stupid muslims just feel that they have the right to do whatever and no one has the right to do anything. From the inception of Islam its been trouble. They keep pushing and, wen there's a reaction, they hold unto the reaction, and forget what cuased the reaction.they forget that actions have consequencies. Very soon u'll hear them tok abt the crusade, what let to the crusades the stupid war mongers won't tell their stupid sheepish younger generations. All they keep toking abt is the reations they get from their actions. If mohammed is so good a prophet then why did the koran and ur hadiths recorded those atrocious things abt him? Then wen people tok abt his evils, u get up to kill them. Who has ever been killed for calling Jesus names? There's nofin people haven't said abt Jehavah and Jesus, shd we kill them? WHY? "For all have sinned and have fallen short of the Kingdom of God." ALL. Some r now redeemed, some r yet to be redeemed, if they r not today, tomorrow they may. We can't kill the blind because he is blind, wen the light comes, he shall see then change his words. But what does the Muslims do? Behead, behead, behead is their chant. And yet u want the world to love u. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Shooting At Muhammad Cartoon Contest In Texas by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 04, 2015
Even as a Christian, I fail to see the need for such contest. I also hope no Christian was among the 'contestants'.

There are some things that are just not necessary.
Re: Shooting At Muhammad Cartoon Contest In Texas by Nobody: 10:55am On May 05, 2015
Gaborone:
Even as a Christian, I fail to see the need for such contest. I also hope no Christian was among the 'contestants'.

There are some things that are just not necessary.

They were all conc christians. Their leader is Pam Geller. Yes, she is a christian too.
Re: Shooting At Muhammad Cartoon Contest In Texas by ZKOSOSO(m): 11:42am On May 05, 2015
Kini big deal! Ordinary Cartoon can provoke muslims all over d world. Again and again.

Let Allah do his battle himself as Jehovah does His by blessing ALL!

1 Like

Re: Shooting At Muhammad Cartoon Contest In Texas by tartar9(m): 2:01pm On May 05, 2015
ZKOSOSO:
Kini big deal! Ordinary Cartoon can provoke muslims all over d world. Again and again.

Let Allah do his battle himself as Jehovah does His by blessing ALL!
call your 'jehova' to come down from heaven then,I wonder which story/doctrine you'll concoct this time to save face when it gets crucified just as a thief it was,for the second time.
Re: Shooting At Muhammad Cartoon Contest In Texas by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 05, 2015
Abuamam:

They were all conc christians. Their leader is Pam Geller. Yes, she is a christian too.
Is Pamela Geller not Jewish? And frankly I don't know how you would know all the contestants were Christians.
Re: Shooting At Muhammad Cartoon Contest In Texas by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 05, 2015
Papist:

Is Pamela Geller not Jewish? And frankly I don't know how you would know all the contestants were Christians.

Is she? Her alliances with Christian fundamentalists and pro-christian terrorists like her fan Andre Breivik; is bizarre to say the least.

As for the latter question, she is most successful in the 'bible belt'; Texas is the 2nd ranked 'most religious state' according to some ratings. Her fans sure aint Muslims.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is This Allah? / Prayer For Deliverance And Renunciation From Sexual Related Sin / Asigidi,owegbe And Ogboni Confraternity Are Deadly In Nigeria And Africa Beyon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.