Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,153 members, 7,842,310 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Former Petroleum Ministers Wife Kidnapped By Gunmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Petroleum Ministers Wife Kidnapped By Gunmen (1192 Views)

Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250m / Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke, Undergoing Breast Cancer Treatment / 700 Million Dollars Raw Cash Found In Petroleum Ministers House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Petroleum Ministers Wife Kidnapped By Gunmen by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:06am On Feb 05, 2009
The wife of a former oil minister has been kidnapped by an armed gang in Nigeria's oil-producing Niger Delta.

Gladys Daukoru was seized from a bar in the city of Port Harcourt on Tuesday evening, police said.

Two other Nigerians, an oil worker and an electoral official, were kidnapped in apparently unconnected attacks in the city on Monday.

Kidnappings of people linked to the oil industry by unidentified gunmen have been on the rise in recent months.

Edmund Daukoru was a minister in charge of oil investment under former President Olusegun Obasanjo, and a former general secretary of the oil cartel Opec.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7870273.stm
Re: Former Petroleum Ministers Wife Kidnapped By Gunmen by Muza(m): 9:46am On Feb 05, 2009
they want their own share of the loot
Re: Former Petroleum Ministers Wife Kidnapped By Gunmen by oludayo20(m): 10:39am On Feb 05, 2009
serves them well! the kidnappers sholud've taken the whole family.
Re: Former Petroleum Ministers Wife Kidnapped By Gunmen by zik4ever: 12:17pm On Feb 05, 2009
''We'' want to develop our Niger Delta region so we must kidnap and where necessary, kill our own kith and kin to enrich our pocket via ransom demand. Thats our preferred mode of operation.It doesnt matter that the little girl we killed the other day in PH was trying to protect her kid brother.We still made away with the boy after gunning the sister to death!Who says we are not trying to ''emancipate'' our region.We dont care that Rivers state got the highest allocation last year, leading other Niger states on the list of states with revenue, we must wait for Yar'Adua to come and fix the gutters in our streets even when such streets are opposite our local government secretariats like Omachi Road and Alhaji Estate in PH that is directly opposite Obi Akpor LG secretariat.
Re: Former Petroleum Ministers Wife Kidnapped By Gunmen by Muza(m): 12:33pm On Feb 05, 2009
zik4ever:

''We'' want to develop our Niger Delta region so we must kidnap and where necessary, kill our own kith and kin to enrich our pocket via ransom demand. Thats our preferred mode of operation.It doesnt matter that the little girl we killed the other day in PH was trying to protect her kid brother.We still made away with the boy after gunning the sister to death!Who says we are not trying to ''emancipate'' our region.We dont care that Rivers state got the highest allocation last year, leading other Niger states on the list of states with revenue, we must wait for Yar'Adua to come and fix the gutters in our streets even when such streets are opposite our local government secretariats like Omachi Road and Alhaji Estate in PH that is directly opposite Obi Akpor LG secretariat.
touche!
Re: Former Petroleum Ministers Wife Kidnapped By Gunmen by chidichris(m): 1:22pm On Feb 05, 2009
the guys don hammer. the man no go delay in bringing part of his loot.
if i join this kidnapping proggrame, i go like to kidnap obj or atiku so that the business will settle me once and for all.
Re: Former Petroleum Ministers Wife Kidnapped By Gunmen by lucabrasi(m): 1:39pm On Feb 05, 2009
read it online today as well,something needs to be done about these problems or if the government intends to somehow insulate themselves then these sort of thing will continue and young men will become more brazen,shows the rich and eminent are not safe
Re: Former Petroleum Ministers Wife Kidnapped By Gunmen by meexteriox(m): 1:58pm On Feb 05, 2009
Kidnapping is as a result of years of total neglect, deliberate environmental degradation,
attempt at annihilation of the Niger Delta people.
We should not deceive ourselves, the end is not near atall. It will continue as long as the
evil perpetrators (Government & oil companies) continue in their brazen efforts of snuffing
out life all in the name of Black Gold.
Re: Former Petroleum Ministers Wife Kidnapped By Gunmen by RICHIEBOI1(m): 3:01pm On Feb 05, 2009
chidichris:

the guys don hammer. the man no go delay in bringing part of his loot.
if i join this kidnapping proggrame, i go like to kidnap obj or atiku so that the business will settle me once and for all.

bros no be lie you talk. grin grin grin
Re: Former Petroleum Ministers Wife Kidnapped By Gunmen by otokx(m): 3:09pm On Feb 05, 2009
Did you guys read the account on thisday newspaper? I like the part where the security details claimed to be "stupefied". That has always been the summary of Nigerian security operatives. In the case of Bola Ige, "stupefied" = going for dinner abi na lunch. This time around "stupefied" = in a state of momentary shock as in a trance or dream. Where is JTF?
Re: Former Petroleum Ministers Wife Kidnapped By Gunmen by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 05, 2009
Honestly, i wish i could hammer like those guys now. I dey find money pass armed robber. This one na fianl hammer
Re: Former Petroleum Ministers Wife Kidnapped By Gunmen by zik4ever: 5:09pm On Feb 06, 2009
I'm glad to info all that after extracting our own share of the emancipation of the NIger Delta from our revered brother, Dr. Edmund Daukoru, we dropped off his kidnapped precious wife, Gladys at an exclusive Hotel in Ph this afternoon.Who says our cause isnt justified!Meanwhile as a further demonstration of the social cost of insecurity and even 'security' in our cherished region, a dear friend called from Ughelli in Delta state to say, a trigger-happy MOPOL taking over duty at First Bank Ughelli branch today morning (about 8am?) fired a warning or is it welcome shot on the concrete floor in the premises (perhaps to warn our comrade militants and fellow emancipators who are Bank shareholders by birthright, having being rendered jobless by years of 'company and government neglect').The Bullet bounced off and hit a pregnant woman on the Chest, killing her on the spot in the very befall and presence of her expectant father of a Husband.However, assurances were reportedly given that the erring MOPOL would be tried through the same internal disciplinary process that dismissed Mallam Nuhu Ribadu from the Force. Perhaps the MOPOL fired into the air (I'm told thats the standard even to disperse rioters) and the Bullet was deflected, or perhaps it was an accidental discharge from a defective weapon (we militants have better ones), or perhaps this incident never happened?It could be a figment of my imaginative ex-Mass-Comm lecturer friend who was clearly distraught and literally mad on the phone.Please let somone concerned follow up this matter (Keyamo, Sahara Reporters or whoever).The blood of the innocent child whose destiny has been vandalised demands justice.I was so pained I had to put this in the open.Please continue to pray for Nigeria.
Re: Former Petroleum Ministers Wife Kidnapped By Gunmen by zik4ever: 6:11pm On Feb 06, 2009
UPDATE: The shooting incident happened at First Bank Agbarho Branch and the woman killed was a Policewoman in Mufti who was in the Bank as a Customer for normal Banking transactions in company of her husband and daughter. She was 7 month pregnant.
Re: Former Petroleum Ministers Wife Kidnapped By Gunmen by ahf(m): 10:17am On Feb 09, 2009
I really think the oil comapnies & government should leave and allow us kill our selves well well.

Ours will be the first case where violence would solve a problem.

We would be a role model for future violence driven struggles.

Kudos.
Re: Former Petroleum Ministers Wife Kidnapped By Gunmen by asha80(m): 11:19am On Feb 09, 2009
Daukuro paid $2.5m ransom to secure wife’s release — MEND
Written by EMMA amaize
Sunday, 08 February 2009
*It's not true—Amanyanabo

Warri—MOVEMENT for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta claimed yesterday that former minister of state for energy, King Edmund Daukuro, Mingi XII, the Amanyanabo of Nembe Kingdom, paid 2.5 million dollars in cash to the ransom-demanding hostage takers who abducted his wife, Mrs. Gladys Daukuro, to stop them from raping her.

Mrs. Daukuro was released on Friday, three days after her kidnap, last Tuesday, by six armed men at Agudama Street in the D line area of Port Harcourt, Rivers State shortly after the commissioning of her new restaurant and taken to an unknown destination.

Sunday Vanguard could not confirm the payment of the ransom from the family, yesterday. Spokesman of the MEND, Jomo Gbomo, in a press statement, said, “MEND can confirm that the former minister of state for energy, Edmund Dakouru, paid the sum of $2.5million (US Dollars) in cash to the kidnappers of his wife after they threatened to gang-rape her every day.

The security agencies were kept out of the negotiations as the family, like many in the Niger Delta, have lost faith in them”.

But the palace of the Amanyanabo denied last night that any ransom was paid for the release of Mrs. Daukuro. It recalled that the same MEND had vowed not to interfere in the matter, wondering why it was now talking about ransom. “The palace will not stoop so low to pay any ransom.

In any case, it is a sacrilege in Ijaw land for anyone to abduct the king’s wife”, sources told Sunday Vanguard

E be like say i go join this kidnapping business cool
Re: Former Petroleum Ministers Wife Kidnapped By Gunmen by ahf(m): 1:27pm On Feb 09, 2009
This only shows the total breakdown we have in the region, where a Kings Wife is kidnapped with the threat of raping her.
Re: Former Petroleum Ministers Wife Kidnapped By Gunmen by vwvw(m): 1:39pm On Feb 09, 2009
Daukoru paid, holy smokes!!!! 2.5 million pounds shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. Whats left in the vault
Re: Former Petroleum Ministers Wife Kidnapped By Gunmen by lucabrasi(m): 2:42pm On Feb 09, 2009
zik4ever:

I'm glad to information all that after extracting our own share of the emancipation of the NIger Delta from our revered brother, Dr. Edmund Daukoru, we dropped off his kidnapped precious wife, Gladys at an exclusive Hotel in Ph this afternoon.Who says our cause isnt justified!Meanwhile as a further demonstration of the social cost of insecurity and even 'security' in our cherished region, a dear friend called from Ughelli in Delta state to say, a trigger-happy MOPOL taking over duty at First Bank Ughelli branch today morning (about 8am?) fired a warning or is it welcome shot on the concrete floor in the premises (perhaps to warn our comrade militants and fellow emancipators who are Bank shareholders by birthright, having being rendered jobless by years of 'company and government neglect').The Bullet bounced off and hit a pregnant woman on the Chest, killing her on the spot in the very befall and presence of her expectant father of a Husband.However, assurances were reportedly given that the erring MOPOL would be tried through the same internal disciplinary process that dismissed Mallam Nuhu Ribadu from the Force. Perhaps the MOPOL fired into the air (I'm told thats the standard even to disperse rioters) and the Bullet was deflected, or perhaps it was an accidental discharge from a defective weapon (we militants have better ones), or perhaps this incident never happened?It could be a figment of my imaginative ex-Mass-Comm lecturer friend who was clearly distraught and literally mad on the phone.Please let somone concerned follow up this matter (Keyamo, Sahara Reporters or whoever).The blood of the innocent child whose destiny has been vandalised demands justice.I was so pained I had to put this in the open.Please continue to pray for Nigeria.
this is really sad,but trust me keyamo wont touch this with a barge pole asd there isnt a flurry of media coverage accompanying it,these are the only "humanitarian"cases his likes touch, GOD help nigeria
Re: Former Petroleum Ministers Wife Kidnapped By Gunmen by Muza(m): 5:35pm On Feb 09, 2009
vwvw:

Daukoru paid, holy smokes!!!! 2.5 million pounds shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. Whats left in the vault
U hav no idea how ppl at the helm of affairs loot us blind,
do u think the guy would spend his last buck to free his beloved wife.
This amount is nothin compared to wat he has stolen over the years.
Re: Former Petroleum Ministers Wife Kidnapped By Gunmen by cutie25: 7:59pm On Feb 10, 2009
hmmmm embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Another Nigerian Lie?: Obafemi Martins Is A Graduate Of Oau / Death Toll Now 460 In Jos Crisis / Worlds Apart Musically, Fela Kuti And Lennon Both Radicalised A Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.