Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,716 members, 7,955,688 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:54 PM

Did/will You Change Your Signature After Marriage? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Did/will You Change Your Signature After Marriage? (1895 Views)

Why do Nigerian Women Bear Their Father's Name, After Marriage? / Should Ladies Retain Their Surname After Marriage? / A Woman Retaining Her Maiden Name After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did/will You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by titilaelae(f): 9:38am On Feb 05, 2009
When I got married I wondered if I had to change my signature to the one in which my new name would reflect but the stress I would go through with banking and stockbroking issues made me stick to my old signature. Now I wonder if I will forever sign my maiden name that does not look in any way like my current name. Did anyone in the forum ever change her signature and what were the challenges that came with it? Does it matter if one retains the old one for life? "Madams" in the house wink, pls lets discuss.
Re: Did/will You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by ifyalways(f): 12:01pm On Feb 05, 2009
didnt change anything,had no need to change,our surnames are sameĀ  shocked smiley
Re: Did/will You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by titilaelae(f): 12:23pm On Feb 05, 2009
ifyalways:

didnt change anything,had no need to change,our surnames are same shocked smiley

Really? Aren't you lucky? That must have been one of the attractions, shay wink I mean the fact that you share the same surname must have given the man an edge over your other toaters. I envy you oh kiss
Re: Did/will You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by ifyalways(f): 12:30pm On Feb 05, 2009
titilaelae:

Really? Aren't you lucky? That must have been one of the attractions, shay wink I mean the fact that you share the same surname must have given the man an edge over your other toaters. I envy you oh kiss
lol,its possible cheesy
Re: Did/will You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by Ilelobola: 9:25pm On Feb 05, 2009
Didn't change my signature as I still go by maiden name which gave us a few problems at the Nigerian High Commission when applying for my daugther's passport and a few more questions than usual when at UK immigration when I travelled with her; otherwise never had any problems.

If you can take the trouble to change your last name can't you change the signature at the same time e.g. I'd assume if you went to the bank to change your name, do you not change the signature on the same form etc?

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Girl Marries Handsome Jewish Man In Glamorous Wedding In America / Yoruba Community In London / Unclad?: South Africa (zulu) Again? What A Culture!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.