Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,154 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria (30198 Views)

2015 General Elections Most Rigged In Nigeria – Dokubo / The Most Rigged Election / The Most Rigged Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by Emenahagos02(m): 4:15pm On May 04, 2015
A Legal Practitioner and observer during the 2015 elections, Ikechukwu Ikeji, says the just concluded election was one of the most rigged elections he had ever witnessed in Nigeria, despite being considered free and fair.

Speaking on a breakfast show, Sunrise Daily on Channels Television on Monday, Mr Ikeji accused INEC officials of being compromised, stressing further that the politicians themselves were out to rig and those who won simply outwitted those who lost.

“Just about every politicians I came across was in the game of rigging. Nothing can be farther from the truth than that these elections were fair and free.

“In fact I have to be honest, this is one of the most rigged elections I have witnessed. I was in the field and I can tell you that electoral offences were rampant,” Mr Ikeji said.

On card readers, the election observer expressed dissatisfaction. He said that the card readers did not work in many areas he went to.

He said that they (the electorate) had agreed not to use the card readers, revealing that he clearly saw people coming back to vote twice while some voted three times in both national and state elections.

He added also that some polling units were dominated by some political parties, as they were able to buy the minds of voters and the electoral officials.

Mr Ikeji also said that all materials for the election should have been present at the commencement of the voting, including the result sheets, which various political party agents should verify.

He also indicted some election observers saying many of them were compromised and carried out their duties with bias.

He reacted to the statement by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that it had commenced the compilation of all electoral offences recorded in the 2015 general elections with a view to prosecuting those found wanting.

The legal practitioner said that it was a good statement by INEC that they would prosecute electoral offenders, but noted that the solution does not just lie in advocacy, pronouncement or trying to put technology in place to obviate the need for politicians to rig.

He advised that the attraction in elective and political public positions be reduced to discourage politicians wanting to get to position by all means.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/05/04/2015-elections-one-of-the-most-rigged-in-nigeria-observer/

Cc:lalasticlala

16 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 04, 2015
Jonathan allowed piss to reign
He's a great man
I love transformation
I hate "change"

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 04, 2015
That's his opinion and business

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by superstar1(m): 4:19pm On May 04, 2015
Yes, it is the most rigged because PDP and GEJ lost.

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by BlackTechnology: 4:24pm On May 04, 2015
superstar1:
Yes it is the most rigged because PDP and GEJ lost.

He spoke the truth

Anyway

GEJ should hold his peace

I believe time will help some people know that Buhari is

Baba One Chance

Baba Aladdin with his Jinni lamp

Baba Of Excuses

Change has turn into Chain

When are you probing Tinubu OBJ Saraki Atiku etc

grin grin grin

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by pTomz(m): 4:27pm On May 04, 2015
...Rigged or OVArigged, knowest i notundecidedundecided

all ah knw is dat I have a dream that one day I'll become a
DOCTOR

that only attends to female PATIENTS with
big BOOBS fr dis con3 gringringrin

6 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by Hollawaley(m): 4:28pm On May 04, 2015
werey

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by Ogbuefienubiaka: 4:28pm On May 04, 2015
oooooooooooooooooo
Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by blayz0923: 4:28pm On May 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
He's a great man
I love transformation
I hate "change"

yes he did indeed.....

bottom-line: PDP were beaten to their own game....

43 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by Vivly(f): 4:29pm On May 04, 2015
I thought it was Linda Ikeji.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by Boscojugunu(m): 4:29pm On May 04, 2015
Children of anger will show dere ugly face soon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by strongerthaneva(m): 4:29pm On May 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
He's a great man
I love transformation
I hate "change"
I hate transformation with passion...i love change die..

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by Nikapetrelli(f): 4:29pm On May 04, 2015
La so n d best Rigger won

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by midolian(m): 4:29pm On May 04, 2015
superstar1:
Yes it is the most rigged because PDP and GEJ lost.

the losers will always cry..no mind them

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by MizTyna(f): 4:29pm On May 04, 2015
Yeah yeah. PDP rigged, APC rigged. The better Rigger and most popular one won,. Let's move on.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by mrphysics(m): 4:30pm On May 04, 2015
is it becos gej failed? I hate dis saTANist. bad losers.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 4:30pm On May 04, 2015
Is this person related to Linda Ikeji?
Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 04, 2015
Who is Ikechukwu Ikeji?!? Is that the Linda Ikeji's father or just the name of a street undecided

Oga park well joor..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by Johnnoo(m): 4:30pm On May 04, 2015
undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by Nikapetrelli(f): 4:30pm On May 04, 2015
Boscojugunu:
D
D for Donkey
Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by demmy0325(m): 4:30pm On May 04, 2015
Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by kunlej2: 4:31pm On May 04, 2015
sure. the best rigger won
Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by omenka(m): 4:31pm On May 04, 2015
Wow. Great info. So what exactly should we do with this?
Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by encryptjay(m): 4:31pm On May 04, 2015
Yawns...
Take it or leave it, the best man won. Keep gloating about the elections tongue
Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by free2ryhme: 4:31pm On May 04, 2015
Emenahagos02:
A Legal Practitioner and observer during the 2015 elections, Ikechukwu Ikeji, says the just concluded election was one of the most rigged elections he had ever witnessed in Nigeria, despite being considered free and fair.

Speaking on a breakfast show, Sunrise Daily on Channels Television on Monday, Mr Ikeji accused INEC officials of being compromised, stressing further that the politicians themselves were out to rig and those who won simply outwitted those who lost.

“Just about every politicians I came across was in the game of rigging. Nothing can be farther from the truth than that these elections were fair and free.

“In fact I have to be honest, this is one of the most rigged elections I have witnessed. I was in the field and I can tell you that electoral offences were rampant,” Mr Ikeji said.

On card readers, the election observer expressed dissatisfaction. He said that the card readers did not work in many areas he went to.

He said that they (the electorate) had agreed not to use the card readers, revealing that he clearly saw people coming back to vote twice while some voted three times in both national and state elections.

He added also that some polling units were dominated by some political parties, as they were able to buy the minds of voters and the electoral officials.

Mr Ikeji also said that all materials for the election should have been present at the commencement of the voting, including the result sheets, which various political party agents should verify.

He also indicted some election observers saying many of them were compromised and carried out their duties with bias.

He reacted to the statement by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that it had commenced the compilation of all electoral offences recorded in the 2015 general elections with a view to prosecuting those found wanting.

The legal practitioner said that it was a good statement by INEC that they would prosecute electoral offenders, but noted that the solution does not just lie in advocacy, pronouncement or trying to put technology in place to obviate the need for politicians to rig.

He advised that the attraction in elective and political public positions be reduced to discourage politicians wanting to get to position by all means.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/05/04/2015-elections-one-of-the-most-rigged-in-nigeria-observer/

Cc:lalasticlala

Mention who rigged it pls

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by Ilekeh(f): 4:31pm On May 04, 2015
Tell me another story.

In 2011, it was free and fair because GEJ won.

The only thing that changed in 2015 was SW's decision.

Do you hear anyone from the SW complaining?

North and SS and Southeast voted In the same trend As they dId in 2011.

If the SW voted as tribalistic as these regions by putting all their eggs in Buhari's basket, Ikeji won't have mouth to talk.

Rigging in the SS/SE ..... these regions really tried with rigging GEJ in, but it did not work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8FbidH8W0Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG15KqZaih4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3TZ-f2VIWo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl5JSE1YrCs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCmjB8P11D0

7 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by Abayhormy(m): 4:31pm On May 04, 2015
Ok. Loosers can say anything, infact they can stay in their dishonest, rigged SE and tell me people did not overwhelmingly vote for APC in my polling booth in Lagos under free & fair conditions,

Infact, they can say APC did not win my Polling booth, In fact they can say my voluntary vote for APC was rigged for Apc.

They can say APC did not win the polling Booths all around my area which APC won free and fair and people were rejoicing.

Smh. Why is he not mentioning specifics or disclosing the area he is? Lemie guess, he was in Abia, observed 3 polling Booths in Abia, and can categorically say, 2015 elections in ALL parts on Nigeria is the most rigged elections.

May the head of all that willingly and legitimately voted for GMB/PYO catch you, PDP stooge.

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by Csami(m): 4:31pm On May 04, 2015
Ilekeh:
The SS/SE should just shut up when it comes to election rigging.
You rig am pass but #godwin pass you.

Seriously what's ur problem?

All I know is that the rigging was systematic.
Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by free2ryhme: 4:32pm On May 04, 2015
omenka:
Wow. Great info. So what exactly should we do with this?

Use it and dance shoki grin
Re: 2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria by januzaj(m): 4:32pm On May 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Jonathan allowed piss to reign He's a great man I love transformation I hate "change"
yes oooo....mama piss

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lauretta Onochie Shares Video Of Blindfolded Police Dog Undergoing Training (Pix / Jimi Agbaje Attacked/shot At In In Mushin / Jonathan Distributed Dollars To Lagosians - Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.