Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,108 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? (3166 Views)

Pogba Sign-on Fee: ManU Fans Query EFCC; EFCC Replies - Read Tweets / Man Breaks His TV After ManU Lost Their Match Tonight (Photo) / Manu Garba Throws In The Towel : Hints At Flying Eagles Exit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 04, 2015
Nigerians have high expectations from the present U20 team led by Coach Manu Garba. After playing in 4 tournament - U17 nation cup winning silver, U17 world Cup winning gold, Super 6 winning gold and U20 nations cup winning gold..

Nigeria has failed in its quest to win a U20 world Cup, one of the nearest was the loss to a Messi led Argentine squad in Holland 2005 with the likes of Mikel obi and Taiwo making Nigerians proud under the tutelage of Coach Samson Siasia..

The kick off to the U20 world Cup is almost a few days ahead. The Manu Garba led inspired team are in Germany to intensify their training for a successful outing at the tournament.. .

At the disposal of Coach Manu Garba abound talented footballers.But, I am particularly interested in the strikers role..

From the quality array of strikers in the team, the likes of Chidibere Ezeh, Taiwo Awoniyi, Success Isaac, Billy Auta, Alhassan Ibrahim (mu'azum) and Pyabara.. .
Who do you think should lead the attack line for our darling team..
Who do you think is the most reliable striker to deliver the goods and get the job done?? ?. ..
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by lexyman(m): 5:44pm On May 04, 2015
I will give that slot to Taiwo awoniyi judging by overall performance and consistency ...also he has blended so well with the team and he understands d functionality of d midfield.

Based on club performance and highest number of goals ,I will give it to pygbara ... But since his invitation to d under 20 he has not performed to expectation .

If I am to judge out of role or position frm Manu Garba perspective ,I will give it to Iheancho , but he has not really done much in this uner 20 team, it will be a big gamble playing him as a striker .

I think the best man for the job is the current prolific striker and success shld come from the bench if he makes the team . Very healthy competition in d team , they will really do well.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 04, 2015
will give it to awoniyi. But me thinks success has more physical presence
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 04, 2015
lexyman:
I will give that slot to Taiwo awoniyi judging by over raw performance and consistency ...also he has blended so well with the team and he understands d functionality of d midfield.

Based on club performance and highest number of goals ,I will give it to pygbara ... But since his invitation to d under 20 he has not performed to expectation .

If I am to judge out of role or position frm Manu Garba perspective ,I will give it to Iheancho , but he has not really done much in this uner 20 team, it will be a big gamble playing him as a striker .

I think the best man for the job is the current prolific striker and success shld come from the bench if he makes the team . Very healthy competition in team , they will really do well
Awoniyi is doing his job well, no doubts about it.. Every player has his quality. . Don't you think the coach will settle for 2 strikers upfront? ?
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 04, 2015
shockwave91:

Who amongst them do you consider more clinical in front of goal?? Lolxxxxx..
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by lexyman(m): 7:01pm On May 04, 2015
Daninya11:

Awoniyi is doing his job well, no doubts about it.. Every player has his quality. . Don't you think the coach will settle for 2 strikers upfront? ?

I ve been thinking in that direction too , but 2strikers may put the midfield under pressure if they are not getting it right . I will prefer a 4-2-3-1 formation which is more modern ..let the ATM play as an assistant striker
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 04, 2015
lexyman:

I ve been thinking in that direction too , but 2strikers may put the midfield under pressure if they are not getting it right . I will prefer a 4-2-3-1 formation which is more modern ..let the ATM play as an assistant striker

I concur with you. Manu Garba will never jeopardize his midfield because he wants to play up front 2 strikers.. the fight will be highly competitive for shirts.. Whoever gets the nod will do well and if he tires out, he will be replaced by a perfect replacement...
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 04, 2015
Daninya11:

Who amongst them do you consider more clinical in front of goal?? Lolxxxxx..
oh......neither
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by zoboizee: 8:53am On May 05, 2015
Success is the most clinical. A team player, Strong, pacy and skillful. His positioning is awesome. Awoniyi will still remain third best to me. His popularity is as a result of the absence of success and iheanacho. Bet you, if those guys have been playing national team football ever seen after u17 world cup, nobody will rate awoniyi this much. Remember he was in morocco 2013 but a hamstring to success gave him the big break in UAE. if iheanacho had played with success the way he played with awoniyi in UAE, success would have scored more than 7 goals in morocco. But in the competition in morocco when he played with Success he was always trying to make a point and being selfish a bit. So a well school iheanacho in distribution paired with Success will beat any team with wide margin come rain or shine. Ezeh to me, should still be below simon and pyagbara. But might be chosen anyway. He is a product of nff.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by lexyman(m): 9:41am On May 05, 2015
zoboizee:
Success is the most clinical. A team player, Strong, pacy and skillful. His positioning is awesome. Awoniyi will still remain third best to me. His popularity is as a result of the absence of success and iheanacho. Bet you, if those guys have been playing national team football ever seen after u17 world cup, nobody will rate awoniyi this much. Remember he was in morocco 2013 but a hamstring to success gave him the big break in UAE. if iheanacho had played with success the way he played with awoniyi in UAE, success would have scored more than 7 goals in morocco. But in the competition in morocco when he played with Success he was always trying to make a point and being selfish a bit. So a well school iheanacho in distribution paired with Success will beat any team with wide margin come rain or shine. Ezeh to me, should still be below simon and pyagbara. But might be choosen anyway. He is a product of nff.
I will disagree with you based on what u said concerning playing success and iheanacho would have yielded more goals for success ? To me Awoniyi has don so well , he's been smart to grab every opportunity that comes his way ...if he wasn't sharp enough he wouldn't have scored a brace in the under 23 team to qualify the team. It will be a big risk for Manu Garba to change is winning team .

But I am happy that we have all the right players to execute the job .
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by Icon4s(m): 9:45am On May 05, 2015
Success is better and more exposed than Awoniyi. Success should lead d attack
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by zoboizee: 9:57am On May 05, 2015
Awoniyi and success will probably lead the attack. But for fast break , quick slip through and more goal margin, success and iheanacho without doubt. Manu might revert back to 4-4-2.
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by lexyman(m): 9:58am On May 05, 2015
Icon4s:
Success is better and more exposed than Awoniyi. Success should lead d attack

If u will judge by exposure , then Awoniyi shld not and will not be on d reserve bench . But if u consider who is equal to d task by virtues of present form in respective of "level of d match played" and don't forget success is part of the team but he has not played with them since the existence of the team . I am still of the opinion that if Manu decides to use a single striker upfront it shld be Awoniyi and if Garba wants to play 2 strikers it's a decision that is best known to him .
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 05, 2015
lexyman:

If u will judge by exposure , then Awoniyi shld not and will not be on d reserve bench . But if u consider who is equal to d task by virtues of present form in respective of "level of d match played" and don't forget success is part of the team but he has not played with them since the existence of the team . I am still of the opinion that if Manu decides to use a single striker upfront it shld be Awoniyi and if Garba wants to play 2 strikers it's a decision that is best known to him .
I see Reasons with you
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by mikron(m): 9:46am On May 06, 2015
Though I would ve loved Isaac success to lead d attack but with d current form of awoniyi I'm 70% sure he awoniyi will be d man. I don't know why I love this lad so much. He has taken all d chances thrown at him frm all angles. He like success has d presence, dribbles, speed, shooting accuracy and menacing in front of goal. It is really a tough one here, but I would prefer both of them in attack in a 4-4-2 formation with these 2 beasts upfront. I pity any team they meet. Green and white for life.
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 06, 2015
mikron:
Though I would ve loved Isaac success to lead d attack but with d current form of awoniyi I'm 70% sure he awoniyi will be d man. I don't know why I love this lad so much. He has taken all d chances thrown at him frm all angles. He like success has d presence, dribbles, speed, shooting accuracy and menacing in front of goal. It is really a tough one here, but I would prefer both of them in attack in a 4-4-2 formation with these 2 beasts upfront. I pity any team they meet. Green and white for life.
Waoh, I love a team that will give the Coaches selection head ache
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by lexyman(m): 11:51pm On May 06, 2015
Only what the guys need is luck , they are all good players individually.... Our first 11 , bench and the ones that will make up the team B , they re of equal strength . Hard work has really paid of for Manu Garba and his boys .
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by mikron(m): 11:53pm On May 06, 2015
Daninya11:

Waoh, I love a team that will give the Coaches selection head ache
true talk bro. We are a threat to any team. Brazil is getting the shivers already.
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by Nobody: 12:08am On May 07, 2015
mikron:
true talk bro. We are a threat to any team. Brazil is getting the shivers already.
The match will be one hell of a cracker..
I must confess to you that I can't wait for the tournament to start proper..
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by lexyman(m): 12:12am On May 07, 2015
Daninya11:

Brazil plays samba our boys plays advance tiki-taka . Cos I can see that they now lob balls to d front .
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by Nobody: 12:16am On May 07, 2015
lexyman:

Brazil plays samba our boys plays advance tiki-taka . Cos I can see that they now lob balls to d front .

Correct. . We play total football with goals as our reward..
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by mikron(m): 12:23am On May 07, 2015
Daninya11:

same here bro. Tournament starts by 1st week of June. My joy is that our boys re fully fit. This time around we re set to bring that elusive trophy to naija. Our boys are good to go
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by Nobody: 12:30am On May 07, 2015
mikron:
same here bro. Tournament starts by 1st week of June. My joy is that our boys re fully fit. This time around we re set to bring that elusive trophy to naija. Our boys are good to go

In 2005,my sister who hardly watched football sat beside me through out the match. . she cried when the match ended, naso I join her cry oo. My guys were so moody for days.. Were we football lovers meet, we kept on talking how the trophy eluded us..
That goal from Obasi was a master piece..

1 Like

Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by mikron(m): 3:05am On May 07, 2015
Daninya11:

In 2005,my sister who hardly watched football sat beside me through out the match. . she cried when the match ended, naso I join her cry oo. My guys were so moody for days.. Were we football lovers meet, we kept on talking how the trophy eluded us..
That goal from Obasi was a master piece..
yap I remember. I also remember quality players like Solomon abwo, the late olubayo, adeleye, Isaac promise, sani kaita, taiye taiwo and our able goalee vanzekin not forgetting d indefatigable Mikel obi. We had a good team then too until the football wizard himself Lionel andreas Messi broke our hearts with those 2 strikes frm d penalty spot. It was a dark week for me. My broda I no get appetite for a whole week. Naija is blessed

1 Like

Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 07, 2015
mikron:
yap I remember. I also remember quality players like Solomon abwo, the late olubayo, adeleye, Isaac promise, sani kaita, taiye taiwo and our able goalee vanzekin not forgetting d indefatigable Mikel obi. We had a good team then too until the football wizard himself Lionel andreas Messi broke our hearts with those 2 strikes frm d penalty spot. It was a dark week for me. My broda I no get appetite for a whole week. Naija is blessed
Any time I see Messi, I feel the pain of the loss in 2005.1 am envious but I cannot deny the fact that he is a demi god in football. ..
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 07, 2015
mikron:
We had a team but it is a pity that most of them have fizzle out. . We can Hardly pick 5 players of that squad who still play active football
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by mikron(m): 7:12pm On May 07, 2015
Daninya11:

We had a team but it is a pity that most of them have fizzle out. . We can Hardly pick 5 players of that squad who still play active football
true
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by mikron(m): 7:18pm On May 07, 2015
Daninya11:

Any time I see Messi, I feel the pain of the loss in 2005.1 am envious but I cannot deny the fact that he is a demi god in football. ..
very true bro, I can never forget the clever chip he gave di-maria leading to the only goal di-maria scored to beat us in d 2006 Olympics. (like d chip he used in scoring d bayern keeper ystdy in d ucl), Messi is a god of football frm another planet. Just about d best.
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 07, 2015
mikron:
very true bro, I can never forget the clever chip he gave di-maria leading to the only goal di-maria scored to beat us in d 2006 Olympics. (like d chip he used in scoring d bayern keeper ystdy in d ucl), Messi is a god of football frm another planet. Just about d best.
No one can dispute that..
Messi is from another planet, a demi god of football. Did you also notice that Osaze was just off the hook that day in the finals. He was wasteful in front of goal. .. I don't usually single out a player in a defeat.
Can you bet on it that Yaks sent us out of the world cup with his unbelievable miss? ?
Opportunities might not come knocking always.
Lolxxxxx
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 07, 2015
shockwave91:

He stands tall and strong like Drogba and finishes clinically like Eto in his youthful years
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by mikron(m): 1:00am On May 08, 2015
Daninya11:

No one can dispute that..
Messi is from another planet, a demi god of football. Did you also notice that Osaze was just off the hook that day in the finals. He was wasteful in front of goal. .. I don't usually single out a player in a defeat.
Can you bet on it that Yaks sent us out of the world cup with his unbelievable miss? ?
Opportunities might not come knocking always.
Lolxxxxx
just the same way and pattern lewandosky missed that begging sitter against barca in d UCL 2 days ago. Osaze against Argentina in d Olympics and against Guinea in d 2013 nations cup qualifiers make or bust match in abuja, and aiyegbeni against was it South Korea or Greece in d 2010 world Cup also broke our hearts with those silly misses. As strikers u don't miss begging chances hence they come bck to haunt u.
Re: Who Should Lead The Attack For Manu Garba U-20 Team In New Zealand??? by Nobody: 1:37am On May 08, 2015
Daninya11:

He stands tall and strong like Drogba and finishes clinically like Eto in his youthful years

exactly. Heard he might not even make d team. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Argentina Vs Nigerian: Di Maria Makes Bold Confession About Super Eagles / Sports Arbitrage Betting Now Possible In Nigerian Bookies / Macaulay Chrisantus And His Elephant Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.