Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:25 AM

Nigerian Judiciary , Strength Of The Corrupt Political Class. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Judiciary , Strength Of The Corrupt Political Class. (345 Views)

National Assets: Political Class Only "Sell And Spend"- Ezekwesili / Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi / Chief Justice Of Nigeria Just Saved Nigerian Judiciary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Judiciary , Strength Of The Corrupt Political Class. by darelove(m): 12:46am On May 05, 2015
I think i will temporarily refrain from ardently following the developments in the polity or how do one explain sentencing a lady in Ogun state to over 250years imprisonment while the younger brother to former governor of Edo state was asked to pay a fine of 3million Naira for embezzling 25billion Naira. A system that allows the rich to brazenly loot our treasury with a pat on the back as disciplinary measure while outrightly jailing the poor for stealing few millions at most;a system that is weak against the strong and very aggressive against the weak is a system fit only for the jungle where the strong in the animal kingdom hectors every other animal to absolute subservience. Jonathan is not the culprit here other than a failed Judiciary system that couldn't stand as the last "arbiter elegantae" for the common man,or is the disoriented legislature that sits only to discuss petty irrelevancies and unnecessary squabbles and the highly skilled pocket-enrichment executives or is it the gullible masses that has been so overly polarised along ethnic,religious and political lines even when all divides of the lines has POVERTY,UNEMPLOYMENT,INSECURITY
,etc in common. I wish for a miracle but alas GOD gives apple HE doesn't give apple juice. I have resort to prayers for the Nigeria beyond "May 29" so that by then "STEALING WILL TRULY BE CORRUPTION.

LEO ATOM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Judiciary , Strength Of The Corrupt Political Class. by Penssuwa(m): 1:01am On May 05, 2015
You dont expect an impartial and independent judiciary when the judges are appointed by the President or governor as the case may be without financial autonomy. The quest for financial independence has led to several strike actions by the judiciary. He who pays the piper determines his tune. Corruption in Nigeria is legendary.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Orders His Security Personnel To Obey Traffic Rules / Somalis,this Is For You! / 5 Ways To Make Money Online Without Spending A Dime Or Kobo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.