Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,183 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Sambisa Discoveries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sambisa Discoveries (38350 Views)

Soldier Carrying Sand After Kiling Boko Haram In Sambisa Forest(pic / Boko Haram Terrorists Now Trapped In Sambisa Forest – Military / Finally, Nigerian Troops Bombard Sambisa Forest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sambisa Discoveries by mightycrown1(m): 5:38am On May 05, 2015
BY the last count, almost 700 women and children have been rescued from Sambisa Forest, where insurgents have made their base f0r attacks on Nigeria.

There have been more revelations than the discoveries show. We are learning more about the forest. Some work needs to be done to ascertain where those rescued are from and possibly how they got t0 the forest which has been the dreaded base of the terrorists who hold North East hostage, and account for most of the bomb attacks in Nigerian cities as far as Abuja and parts in Kogi State.

Who were rescued? Where are they from? How did they get into the forest? How were they abducted, if that was the case? Could they be inhabitants of the forest? Did they play any role in the raging war? Click here to watch video

: http://www.vanguardngr.com/video/video

The claims are that the attackers took them, killed their husbands and the grown up boys and kept the women and children. Apparently, the rescued are not among the 279 secondary schools girls that were taken from Chibok, in Borno State, more than a year ago. Once the news of the rescue made the rounds, expectations were that some of the Chibok girls would be among them. They may still be, or in the next set to be rescued.

Combined attacks of soldiers from Nigeria, Cameroun, and Chad have put a lot of pressure on the insurgents. They have lost a lot of territories and the results have included securing places that were under insurgents and the rescue of the women and children. Improved supply of weapons and logistics has contributed to the successes after earlier unsuccessful attempts to purchase arms for the operations.

The United States of America and its allies maintained ambivalent postures on selling arms to Nigeria. Nigeria finally made the purchases from Russia, a decision that infuriated the Americans who have kept making unsavoury remarks about the battles in the North East, accusing the Nigerian military of human rights violations. America’s human rights records in the 20-year-old war in Vietnam are not exactly sparkling, 40 years after the war and with thousands of books written and hundreds of films made promoting America’s “good war” against communism.

Findings in Sambisa raise questions about our national records of Nigerians and the implications for our safety. Thousands were abducted to Sambisa and Nigeria was “unaware”. People were not declared missing, and when “found”, we have no records to establish if they are Nigerians. Can we protect people we cannot count? The rescued are more than the size of most Nigerian villages. How could they miss and we did not know? Sambisa is more – we should abridge the “celebrations”.

SOURCE: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/sambisa-discoveries/#sthash.pcGo3ANl.dpuf

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sambisa Discoveries by DickDastardly(m): 5:46am On May 05, 2015
Wow! what more can i say? Revealing indeed! More questions and twists keep popping up in the northeast, when you think we are almost done with this whole bokoharam saga.
Those in the know, over to you

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sambisa Discoveries by oluwafemi113(m): 5:57am On May 05, 2015
Sambisa thing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sambisa Discoveries by stebell(m): 5:58am On May 05, 2015
Until the "chibok girls" are rescued, I wanna join all well meaning Nigerians to say "chibok" is a scam.

102 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sambisa Discoveries by efilefun(m): 6:07am On May 05, 2015
And i believe more girls would still be in there. We were all worried about the chibok girls while thousands are been kidnapped and killed. Like Buhari said Boko Haram is a scam!!! its just an avenue to increase the budget going into the security sector.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sambisa Discoveries by Nobody: 6:12am On May 05, 2015
@the poster above since you believe,go help the soldiers rescue them instead if sitting in the comfort of your home

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sambisa Discoveries by DaPhilosopher(m): 6:20am On May 05, 2015
hmmm!
Re: Sambisa Discoveries by seankafor(m): 6:24am On May 05, 2015
i think somepeople are payed to to do those jobs so irlts actually none of my business

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sambisa Discoveries by Lattop(m): 6:26am On May 05, 2015
Sambisa was b4 a game reserve but nw it was terror territory
Re: Sambisa Discoveries by manutdadex(m): 6:53am On May 05, 2015
BH NA NORTHERN PROPAGANDA! HOW PERSON GO SHAVE UR BEARD FOR UR BACK?

22 Likes

Re: Sambisa Discoveries by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:53am On May 05, 2015
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sambisa Discoveries by highmood(m): 7:06am On May 05, 2015
From what I heard and read, Sambisa is very big extending to about three states and greater than the southeast states. Whether the Chibok girls have been found or not we should thank God for those women and children that were rescued. They are also like the missing girls too. Our govt need to have a functional database for its citizens, why can't we at this age and time give a true figure of Nigeria citizens. I am sure Nigeria is not up to 150million, many are illegal immigrants.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sambisa Discoveries by Nobody: 7:09am On May 05, 2015
yeah something is kinda fishy somewhere. You can't just be rescuing people that where never declared missing in the first place. Nigerians and the rest of the world only know about the missing chibok girls. I still can't come to terms with the latest people the NA have been rescuing all of a sudden. They say sambisa forest is almost the size of Belgium if is not even bigger, these people been rescued might probably be inhabitants of the sambisa or they might not even be nigerians in the first place..

I don't trust this current government one bit, there are many things they are hiding from nigerians and the world at large. May29 should come fast Jare.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sambisa Discoveries by Nobody: 7:18am On May 05, 2015
highmood:
From what I heard and read, Sambisa is very big extending to about three states and greater than the southeast states. Whether the Chibok girls have been found or not we should thank God for those women and children that were rescued. They are also like the missing girls too. Our govt need to have a functional database for its citizens, why can't we at this age and time give a true figure of Nigeria citizens. I am sure Nigeria is not up to 150million, many are illegal immigrants.
they women that were rescued where never declared missing in the first place, how are we sure they are even nigerians? Boko harams might have kidnapped them in Chad/niger and brought them to sambisa or the women might even be inhabitants of the forest.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sambisa Discoveries by highmood(m): 7:27am On May 05, 2015
kastonkastrol:
they women that were rescued where never declared missing in the first place, how are we sure they are even nigerians? Boko harams might have kidnapped them in Chad/niger and brought them to sambisa or the women might even be inhabitants of the forest.
was all those that were killed or kidnapped made public? I am an igbo, I lost a kinsman in this war, the wife and daughter was also kidnapped but fortunately escaped with others, did you heard about it? So not every information gets to us. The case of the school girls was special because it seemed like a planned deal. That is why I said that we need to have a functional citizens database.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sambisa Discoveries by unuane1(m): 9:01am On May 05, 2015
Honestly i have been having the same thoughts as OP. How will about a thousand persons be kidnapped for close to a year and no one or persons, village, groups came forward with a list of missing friends, children, Family or relatives. I for one has been pondering on that. So i will call on the Nigerian government to do a proper background check to really ascertain the identify of those people if they are really Nigerians or boko haram spies planted for future attacks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sambisa Discoveries by Chiaka(f): 9:50am On May 05, 2015
stebell:
Until the "chibok girls" are rescued, I wanna join all well meaning Nigerians to say "chibok" is a scam.

Thinking also the #BringBackOurGirls is a scam. with recent quietness and the women promoting it have been discovered to be APC member politicians and these women are now been given juicy political position from some filtered out news hear and there

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sambisa Discoveries by ki02020(m): 9:58am On May 05, 2015
Am planning to spend my summer at sambisa any idea of the best hotel to lodge

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sambisa Discoveries by mygee33(m): 10:00am On May 05, 2015
we pray de girls are rescued and intact to
Re: Sambisa Discoveries by spongeisback: 10:19am On May 05, 2015
True OP, all this found girls. Why didn't we hear about them before their "rescue"? Didn't they have family, friends or even neighbors concerned about their whereabouts?
Re: Sambisa Discoveries by TheRealAdonye(m): 10:19am On May 05, 2015
Not everything is available on Social media or on official channels.

Go to the villages and find out if they don't know their daughters/ sons are missing.

The Chibok case was peculiar because of the way it happened.

Let's be happy for the ones that have been rescued and pray for those to come.
Also, arrange for their rehabilitation and integration back into the society.

I hope we have enough Shrinks in this country.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sambisa Discoveries by Nobody: 10:19am On May 05, 2015
undecided
Re: Sambisa Discoveries by tolexy007(m): 10:20am On May 05, 2015
n
Re: Sambisa Discoveries by Dannyset(m): 10:20am On May 05, 2015
Same Questions I wanna ask those 31 Generals that just retired ooo. Its either we are been scammed or the media(journalist) were strictly denied access to the happenings in a lot of villages in the North.
Abeg, many things in Nigeria are scam-oriented jare.
Have a Nice Day, People!

2 Likes

Re: Sambisa Discoveries by Misogynist2014(m): 10:20am On May 05, 2015
Jonadarft deserves to be jailed for life.
Re: Sambisa Discoveries by intergral(m): 10:21am On May 05, 2015
Am so shocked that the OP is asking these questions now... Before the election the NA list nothing less that 20 local government that they recapture from Bokoharam... When this places were captured did they announce it? If I could remember they only announced that only four local governments were overtaken by bokoharam. LiKE I always say it Bokoharam is a FRAUD!!! Created to reduce and destroy the population of the North but I find it senSe less that some people will go ahead to say that Buhari sponsored it... Have PDP ever won election in Borno state? PDP will sure loose election there so they strengthened the terrorist so as to use it to their advantage... Places like gombe where bokoharam threatened them not to come out and vote and some people still Say that its APC when you know that no matter what happen PDP will never win there just like how APC will never win in enugu. IF you like quote me and insult me the truth is that the muslims are affected than the christians... Few weeks after bokoharam took over MUBI of adamawa state two helicopters heading to the same town already in control by BOkoharam crashed with some white Men , lots of dollars, weapons and some black men in arms. So please what are they going to do with the millions of dollars and weapons in a bokoharam controlled place and after the crash immediately after the NA got there nobody Heard about them again.... I still stand that the present government has a hand in bokoharam and even some members of the opposition party(APC) be it the president , his party members, Apc northern governorship candidates or the military chiefs... But like buhari the president of the poor said Bokoharam will be the first thing he will investigate and see why common CHad and Niger with a population of people not more that Kano will come an rescue the giant of Africa the most combatantly fit soldiers in africa from bokoharam... And why was the sambisa forest not infiltrated earlier and why other great nations such as America, russia, Britain and France offer to help find the girls and the military sabotaged their plans and so the left and refuse to render help to nigeria.... Before any quote me ask yourself this questions:
Is Buhari in control of the Nigerian Army?...
If Buhari is the sponsor of bokoharam why didn't the present government expose him?...

19 Likes

Re: Sambisa Discoveries by olempe(m): 10:21am On May 05, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Sambisa Discoveries by Aregs(m): 10:21am On May 05, 2015
K
Re: Sambisa Discoveries by youngwarlocks: 10:21am On May 05, 2015
okay

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Tinubu Boycotted APC NEC Meeting – Chieftain: The SUN / Makinde Appoints Julian Nwachukwu, An Igbo Woman As Liaison Officer For Ibadan / Eze Chukwuemeka To Tinubu: “Any Further Attacks On Amaechi Will Be Resisted”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.