Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Eyes On The Ball! Africa’s Richest Man, Aliko Dangote, Still Keen To Buy Arsenal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eyes On The Ball! Africa’s Richest Man, Aliko Dangote, Still Keen To Buy Arsenal (388 Views)

Jay-Jay Okocha Juggles A Golf Ball. Photos / Pedro Tired Of Chelsea, Keen To Return To Barcelona / Dangote Reiterate Desire To Buy Arsenal FC (transcript And Audio) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eyes On The Ball! Africa’s Richest Man, Aliko Dangote, Still Keen To Buy Arsenal by jk18: 10:52am On May 05, 2015
After an unsuccessful bid in 2010 to acquire Arsenal Football Club, Africa’s richest man, Nigerian Aliko Dangote has renewed interest in taking over one of the English Premier Clubs.

The 58-year-old Nigerian billionaire, who is worth over an estimated €13.5 billion – which makes him Africa’s richest man – says he is still keen on buying Arsenal.

“I still hope, one day at the right price, that I’ll buy the team,” Dangote told Bloomberg Business. “I might buy it, not at a ridiculous price but a price that the owners won’t want to resist. I know my strategy.”

Dangote, who has made his fortune through various operations including cement manufacturing, sugar supply and oil investments, says that he will concentrate on expanding his own business before launching a new offer for Arsenal.

“We have $16bn-worth [€14bn] of investments in the next few years. Right now I want to take my own business to a certain level. Once I finish on that trajectory, then maybe an offer will follow,” he continued.

Dangote is an Arsenal fan but has criticised Arsene Wenger, claiming that the 65-year-old “needs to change his style a bit” and warning that the club “need new direction”.

(1) (Reply)

Move Over, Van Gaal! Mourinho Launches Into 'fictional' Story In Awards Speech. / EXCLUSIVE Photos: See How Chelsea Players, Officials In Thailand / Ghana Black Stars Show Nigeria How Its Done [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.