Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,654 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Why Korede Bello Was Not Featured In The "We Are The World" Africa Version - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Korede Bello Was Not Featured In The "We Are The World" Africa Version (2080 Views)

Bisola Featured In FalzTheBahdGuy "Ellobae" Video (photos) / “the Playmaker”: Phyno Drops New Album,see Who Was Not Featured (see Tracklist) / Olajumoke Orisaguna Featured In Indian Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Korede Bello Was Not Featured In The "We Are The World" Africa Version by donpy(m): 5:22pm On May 05, 2015
Did you guys notice this also. Korede bello the mavin boy was not selected on the list of artist who featured in the "we are the world" africa version for #xenophobia and #ebola.
Sometime ago i said on a thread that korede bello is the least talented in the Mavin crew but so many disagreed.

Di'ja, Reekado banks, Tiwa, dr sid, d'prince and don jazzy where all present at least evn if it was only don jazzy and Tiwa that took individual lines and back up. I think its bcus he is of less standard and less talented.

To rate the new 3 intake in Mavin i would rate Reekado banks top first, Di'ja nxt and Korede bello least.
Did you also notice that Don jazzy also had an international feature Wale and Reekado banks was featured. He didnt just take a line but took the chorus and a verse. Korede bello on the other hand mostly takes short lines and most times repeated lines when he sings with the group.
"Godwin" of Korede is far a less quality(lyrically) music compared to "Katapot" of Banks. Katapot is an evergreen song.
Personally my rating would be first "Katapot", next is Di'ja's "Awww" and least "Godwin"..

Like if you agree with this? Or lets know what you think

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Korede Bello Was Not Featured In The "We Are The World" Africa Version by englishmart(m): 6:19pm On May 05, 2015
if every nigerian top musician was featured, the song's duration would be nothing short of 12hrs...

1 Like

Re: Why Korede Bello Was Not Featured In The "We Are The World" Africa Version by donpy(m): 6:40pm On May 05, 2015
@englishmart.. I ddnt say dey should sing. Just being among the crowd,back up or worst case just wearing the customise top means a lot.
Now am not saying everyone selected are the best in Nigeria of course they are not. Wizkid, davido, olamide wasnt dere buh ar good too buh my point is whu would the whole mavin crew be featured evn korede's entry mates reekado banks and Di'ja and he was the only one left out.
Lets call a spade what it is Korede Bello is the least individually talented artist in the mavin crew.
#my2cents
Re: Why Korede Bello Was Not Featured In The "We Are The World" Africa Version by englishmart(m): 7:16pm On May 05, 2015
donpy:
@englishmart.. I ddnt say dey should sing. Just being among the crowd,back up or worst case just wearing the customise top means a lot.
Now am not saying everyone selected are the best in Nigeria of course they are not. Wizkid, davido, olamide wasnt dere buh ar good too buh my point is whu would the whole mavin crew be featured evn korede's entry mates reekado banks and Di'ja and he was the only one left out.
Lets call a spade what it is Korede Bello is the least individually talented artist in the mavin crew.
#my2cents
@ the emboldened, the answer is "yes"
Re: Why Korede Bello Was Not Featured In The "We Are The World" Africa Version by nuelzy: 10:57pm On May 05, 2015
durrh!!!...dude is making money

but what u must know is dat korede bello is a mediocre version of wizkid...feeling relivant where he is utterly useless!!...lets see how it pans out...#ilovekissD
Re: Why Korede Bello Was Not Featured In The "We Are The World" Africa Version by donpy(m): 12:25am On May 06, 2015
I dont think he can even be valued up to d mediocre version of wizkid.
Of course he is making money buh creating a sustainable wealth out of the music imdustry takes consistency. Where is black face today?, look at wot happend to Ojb, etc.
Either be good at what u do from start and kip at it(phyno,wizkid, tuface etc) or start low and improve urself (kcee, iyanya,chidinma, etc)..

Its hard to be on the fast lane but harder to maintain being on it.
Re: Why Korede Bello Was Not Featured In The "We Are The World" Africa Version by IamOpemipo(m): 1:43am On May 06, 2015
Reekado is d only real shii outta mavin
Re: Why Korede Bello Was Not Featured In The "We Are The World" Africa Version by mekonglobal(m): 2:27am On May 06, 2015
May he was indisposed at dat moment.
Re: Why Korede Bello Was Not Featured In The "We Are The World" Africa Version by pretydiva(f): 5:56am On May 06, 2015
U don't even no if he had an appointment dat day dat made him not 2 b present. Y don't u go ask him y he wasn't featured,instead of u coming here 2 spew/ type dis trash. Leave d dude alone he is leaving his life. At least his name has become an household name in naija. *Walks out of thread*
Re: Why Korede Bello Was Not Featured In The "We Are The World" Africa Version by Ladybluecash(f): 8:03am On May 06, 2015
Abeg hu be korede,,, is he d guy Godwin feat in hs music
Re: Why Korede Bello Was Not Featured In The "We Are The World" Africa Version by donpy(m): 8:13am On May 06, 2015
mekonglobal:
May he was indisposed at dat moment.

Can he be more buzy than all his boss Don jazzy and every other person present in the song??
Re: Why Korede Bello Was Not Featured In The "We Are The World" Africa Version by donpy(m): 8:19am On May 06, 2015
pretydiva:
U don't even no if he had an appointment dat day dat made him not 2 b present. Y don't u go ask him y he wasn't featured,instead of u coming here 2 spew/ type dis trash. Leave d dude alone he is leaving his life. At least his name has become an household name in naija. *Walks out of thread*

Why not read well before you respond. I ddnt despise him or say anytin bad about him. I only said he is the least talented individual in the mavin crew in my own ranking and maybe thay why he wasnt selected for the we are tje world song and also to do an international feature.
I did not criticize his fame#goodforhim
and pls#haveasafetripwalkingoutofthread. Lol
Re: Why Korede Bello Was Not Featured In The "We Are The World" Africa Version by chucky234(m): 8:27am On May 06, 2015
donpy:
#my2cents
Was all American artists featured in the American version of we are the world spearheaded by MJ ?
Does that makes the ones not featured less talented ? Smh
Re: Why Korede Bello Was Not Featured In The "We Are The World" Africa Version by chucky234(m): 8:29am On May 06, 2015
donpy:
I dont think he can even be valued up to d mediocre version of wizkid.
Of course he is making money buh creating a sustainable wealth out of the music imdustry takes consistency. Where is black face today?, look at wot happend to Ojb, etc.
Either be good at what u do from start and kip at it(phyno,wizkid, tuface etc) or start low and improve urself (kcee, iyanya,chidinma, etc)..

Its hard to be on the fast lane but harder to maintain being on it.
Wizkid?
Now I understand where you are coming from.
Re: Why Korede Bello Was Not Featured In The "We Are The World" Africa Version by donpy(m): 9:08am On May 06, 2015
chucky234:
Was all American artists featured in the American version of we are the world spearheaded by MJ ?
Does that makes the ones not featured less talented ? Smh

@chucky234... Ddnt u read well... Any artist not being selected doesnt mean thay the artist is less talented or not doing too good bcus many wonderful nigerian musicians whre not present like phyno,wizkid, olamide etc.. Buh my view is that why was korede the only person out of a group of 7individuals (Mavin) only 1was left out at least only Tiwa took a line and Jazzy had a back up. They all ddnt sing coupled wit Korede only singing very short repeated lines when he sings with the group eg. Doro, adaobi, lookulooku, etc. and also coupled wit him not being present or evn taking a line in the collabo wit an international artist Wale in "Hallelu". With all these points of mine i can concludely say thay Master Korede Bello is the least talented musician in the mavin crew but he is making moni grin.#takeitorleaveit.
Re: Why Korede Bello Was Not Featured In The "We Are The World" Africa Version by chucky234(m): 10:17am On May 06, 2015
donpy:

@chucky234... Ddnt u read well... Any artist not being selected doesnt mean thay the artist is less talented or not doing too good bcus many wonderful nigerian musicians whre not present like phyno,wizkid, olamide etc.. Buh my view is that why was korede the only person out of a group of 7individuals (Mavin) only 1was left out at least only Tiwa took a line and Jazzy had a back up. They all ddnt sing coupled wit Korede only singing very short repeated lines when he sings with the group eg. Doro, adaobi, lookulooku, etc. and also coupled wit him not being present or evn taking a line in the collabo wit an international artist Wale in "Hallelu". With all these points of mine i can concludely say thay Master Korede Bello is the least talented musician in the mavin crew but he is making moni grin.#takeitorleaveit.
Is Wizkid talented ?
Re: Why Korede Bello Was Not Featured In The "We Are The World" Africa Version by donpy(m): 10:58am On May 06, 2015
He has a good style and a good voice without a studio work and most especially he has bin consistent in his game while korede has a yorubaish voice lol..dont change the topic we not talkn about wizkid here. If u think wizkid doesnt ave talent then Gbam!!! so it is to u.

(1) (Reply)

Things Nigeria Lady Participate Which God Almighty Doesn’t Want / Official Photos From Wizkid 25th All White Birthday Party In South Africa / See What Someone Did At Photo Studio Yesterday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.