Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,960 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Let's Re-examine Our Mindset - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Re-examine Our Mindset (294 Views)

Unclaimed $45m: We Need To Examine Wike’s Mental Status – Peterside / Momodu: Unveiling President Buhari's Mindset, We Supported Him Almost Blindly / Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let's Re-examine Our Mindset by ucheokpara100(m): 5:37pm On May 05, 2015
OPINION. I think our believe and our society has done more harm than good to us mostly the youth.
1. OUR BELIEVE ABOUT MONEY.
If all rich people or people who atleast have money to some extend will tell you/us the truth they are suppose to tell us money is not what we think it is. to me it takes only one day to become a car owner out of how many years we are goin to spend in this earth, when u have acquired it what are u goin to be doin with it for the rest of your life?
my point is ''owning a car is not worth the desperation the youth attached to it today''. now when u have acquired it what are the most important things you are goin to be doing with it apart from going from one point to the other?
so why will someone be so desperate to extend of buying 6 to 7 cars for only private use? talk more of even killing your fellow human being just to acquire it.
2. WORSHIPING RICH MEN/POLITICIANS.
The masses fail to realize that these people are misbehaving because of the way we treat them like God, Nigerians are just suppose to say ''hi'' to a governor when he's passing even beside you unlike the bowing down and opening their whole 32 for him, FOR WHAT?
u people have given them respects they dont deserve that is why they are so desperate to get their,
and when they get their they become power drunk instead of doing their job they would be showing off just because they know u wish to be likethem these are the causes of our societal rot today.
example some of you will leave your business family etc just to attend a function just because a president is coming, dont get me wrong iam not saying people are not suppose to go their my point is, some of you who dont have business going their so why are u their?
3. YOUTH TODAY GO INTO ROBBERY BECAUSE OF SOCIETAL PRESSURE.
Some people go into militancy, robbery, kidnapping because of wedding etc my question is after the wedding how do you feed your wife and kids?, are they going to be robbing everyday to carry out their responsibility as the man of the house? so why allow family/societal pressure push you the first place?
FINALLY: Apart from investing and building our careers i dont think youth of today need the money they think they need, ask yoursef what are they going to do with the money if not to show off, fashion, go after women tell me one reasonable thing youth need millions for? why cant we make these place ( the world ) a better place for all instead of only me and my family mindset we have today cos it takes nothing to achieve it.
let's all work hard with peace and unity, love and progress instead of hate and intimidation we have today.

(1) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka: If U Believes What I Am Alleged To About The Igbo, You Are slowpoke / UK General Election: Conservatives Win Majority Returning David Cameron As PM / UI Protest: VC Sets Up Panel To Investigate Alleged Negligence Leading To Studen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.