Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,776 members, 7,810,025 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Unclad Women Protests Terror, Thugs Brutality In Lagos (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Unclad Women Protests Terror, Thugs Brutality In Lagos (photos) (1332 Views)

How To Report Any Form Of Police Brutality In Nigeria (Photo) / Crippled Man Brutality: Kokun, Offers N20,000 To Anyone Who Finds The Man (Pic) / I Was Hung Upside Down And Tortured For 3months: Victim Of Police Brutality(PIC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unclad Women Protests Terror, Thugs Brutality In Lagos (photos) by baseg25(m): 6:38pm On May 05, 2015
If care is not taken, the trouble lurking at the Amuwo Odofin local government area owned Shopping Complex located at Mile 2 in Lagos State, may blow out of proportion and could spell doom for the operators of the market as market women took to the streets protesting alleged terror and mistreatment, stripped to their under wears, on April 27, chanting solidarity songs against tyranny and oppression.

The source of the trouble is a certain man, Alhaji Saheed Abiola, otherwise known as Zyad 1 Ultimate, whom the traders say has been unleashing a reign of terror on them using his band of thugs and miscreant.

According to the market women, Abiola has been making life uneasy for them by imposing unreasonable levies on them, sending his thugs to beat them, having arrogated so much power to himself, even though he was a member of the executives of the market.

The traders in the market said that one of the crimes the man was best known for was ordering his thugs to strip traders and flog them publicly to serve as deterrent to others. Abiola was said to have so cowed many of the traders, that they treat him as a thin-god and anyone who dared to confront him, paid dearly for their effrontery.
One of the traders said in anger:

"We can no longer do our businesses in the market for fear of being attacked by thugs loyal to Abiola. The men among us have refused to join the protest for fear of being beaten up by Abiola’s thugs. These thugs used to pounce on any trader who dares to challenge him."

The Iyaloja of the market, Catherine Omotoyosi Awhidhire, said that Abiola sent his thugs to beat her up, inflicting injuries on her back and breast.

[b]"He has now taken to flogging aged traders, not caring about their frail health and bodies. He used to boast that he has the police in Festac in his pocket and that nobody would be able to do anything to him.

He used to drop names of important people to further cow the traders. He’s mostly fond of dropping Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s name!"

But the unrepentant Abiola who said he got into the market as a load carrier until he took over leadership of the market, had this to say:

"Babaloja and other traders are only envious of me because of the way I have been generating money. I’m not among the executives of the market, but I’m a major stakeholder in this market.

Since I assumed leadership of the market, things have started moving on well. I don't flog the traders. Anybody who gets flogged could be because they are stubborn and do not pay their levies."

Students of history in Nigeria will know that whenever women strip down to make any form of protest, there is always an ugly repercurssion.

tested against the British colonial masters naked brought a lot of changes in the society.[/b]

source : http://streetgist.com/naked-women-protests-terror-thugs-brutality-in-lagos-photos/

Re: Unclad Women Protests Terror, Thugs Brutality In Lagos (photos) by ozoigbondu: 6:41pm On May 05, 2015
Where d pischure angry
Re: Unclad Women Protests Terror, Thugs Brutality In Lagos (photos) by baseg25(m): 6:44pm On May 05, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Where d pischure angry
blocked by nairaland bot. check the source
Re: Unclad Women Protests Terror, Thugs Brutality In Lagos (photos) by baseg25(m): 6:47pm On May 05, 2015
check it now
Re: Unclad Women Protests Terror, Thugs Brutality In Lagos (photos) by Redoil: 6:56pm On May 05, 2015
That is how most of these bunch of lazy people feed by shouting change and collecting change from market women by power by fire

(1) (Reply)

My Late Father's Best Friend And My Family!..your Advice Pls / The Hoax About A Rape In Unizik Gone Wrong / Man Kidnapped 12-year-old Girl, Turned Her Into His Sex Slave And Prostitute..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.