Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt (21018 Views)

Dasuki: Changing Stance On Arms Deal, 2014 & 2015.. Pix Attached.. / From Madam Due Process To Madam No Empirical Evidence / Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by Trailblazer1(m): 8:06pm On May 05, 2015
Former Minister of Education, Oby Ezekwesili has defended her claim that there is no empirical evidence that former president, Olusegun Obasanjo is corrupt.

It will be recalled that Ezekwesili during an interview on Al Jazeera, said that there was no evidence of corruption in the former President’s regime despite reports to the contrary.

“There was no way it could have been more corrupt that the government of Abacha. I am sorry,” she said speaking of Obasanjo’s regime, where she served as a Minister.

When asked about a Wikileaks report which quoted former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Nuhu Ribadu as saying that everyone was a thief in Obasanjo’s government, Mrs Ezekwesili said:

“The next person you should invite to your show should be Nuhu Ribadu. Its not about rejecting his views. I don’t have counter-factory evidence on the basis to reject it”

When asked about her opinion on how corrupt Obasanjo was, she said:

“Is that supposed to be a question on the basis of some factual thing that you are putting before me? My sense of President Obasanjo was that he gave me the freedom to define the work that I did that public procurement was more transparent than it used to be.”

She has taken to her Twitter page to defend her stance, insisting there is no empirical evidence that Obasanjo is corrupt.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/ezekwesili-defends-stance-says-no-empirical-evidence-obasanjo-is-corrupt/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by ozoigbondu: 8:07pm On May 05, 2015
Where is the empirical evidence that bokoharam took some girls away.Silly hypocrite defending her lover.

Just feel the love oozing from them

180 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by Trailblazer1(m): 8:08pm On May 05, 2015
Is there any emperical evidence that Maheeda and Afrocandy are not virgins? undecided

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by MizMyColi(f): 8:08pm On May 05, 2015
undecided
Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by AndreRose(f): 8:11pm On May 05, 2015
This woman must be kidding us. 0basanjo already promised her a ministerial post after may 29.

If I may ask ma'am,what happened to the Harliburton. scandal?
What happened to the semens scandal?
What happened to the 16 billion dollars the world bank gave to Obasanjo for electricity?
What happened to Ibeato's cement? Why did he allow it to get blocked at wharf around 2006? Is that not corruption?
This woman should please swerve. We all know the real deal.

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by Trailblazer1(m): 8:11pm On May 05, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Where is the empirical evidence that bokoharam took some girls away.Silly hypocrite defending her lover
Where is the emperical evidence that GEJ is corrupt?
How many billions has been traced to any of his accounts?

105 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by eazisky(m): 8:13pm On May 05, 2015
Juliet defending romeo

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by PPAngel(f): 8:13pm On May 05, 2015
This woman will end up ridiculed and disgraced

Foolish jobbless adultress

53 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by SeverusSnape(m): 8:13pm On May 05, 2015
Obasanjo lap dancer.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by eazisky(m): 8:15pm On May 05, 2015
A
Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by eazisky(m): 8:17pm On May 05, 2015
Trailblazer1:

Was d 2 trillion jonathan used for campaign his money

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by Samchelsea(m): 8:17pm On May 05, 2015
She needs a Job with the incoming administration and praising Obj is a sure way to get one......she is already pained that Buhari has given the woman in charge of the bring back our girls campaign an appointment while she is yet to get any despite her support for the campaign

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by ozoigbondu: 8:19pm On May 05, 2015
eazisky:

Where is d empirical evidence that jonathan used 2 trillion for campaign

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by Trailblazer1(m): 8:20pm On May 05, 2015
I refuse to make any disparaging comment against Dr. Oby due to the respect I have for her and what she stands for but however, I have come to realise her gross with GEJ wasn't just about perceived bad governance but lack of appointments and recognition in his government and this ultimately amounts to hypocrisy.

Make Fela hear say Obasanjo is not corrupt

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by ozoigbondu: 8:20pm On May 05, 2015
Trailblazer1:

lf you ask me who i go ask.The silly hypocrite is just defend her lover.lf you see madam oby help me hand over this well deserved certificate

24 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by eazisky(m): 8:23pm On May 05, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Where is d empirical evidence that jonathan used 2 trillion for campaign

Sitdon there de look for emperical evidence as if knw be naija we de

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by Trailblazer1(m): 8:25pm On May 05, 2015
@ Demdem
though you almost made it impossible for me to quote your ignorant statement below, it will be criminal if I don't.

As a governor of one of the richest state in the country, no single project has been attributed to him as an achievement despite receiving billions in allocations throughout.

What a baseless and unfounded statement. This how you manufacture propaganda and spread it all over the internet. And it becomes a fact without being refuted early.

I'm certain you don't understand the meaning of the word "Emperical Fact"
Imagine how you just interpreted your dumb assumption to be a fact.

13 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by Demdem(m): 8:26pm On May 05, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Where is the empirical evidence that bokoharam took some girls away.Silly hypocrite defending her lover

The Jonah-daft chief of defence staff publicly told the world that they know where the girls are and promised to rescue them.
What evidence could be more greater than that?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by oduastates: 8:29pm On May 05, 2015
Obasanjo is definitely corrupt when universal standards are used.
He did not directly dipped his hands in the treasury like jonathan ,Abacha,Babangida( the reason why he accumulated a $60 billion reserve)
Obasanjo's corruption was more of conflict of interest like giving patronage and collecting donations from people who want patronage from the government.
But based on what came before him and the record which Yaradua and jonathan have set ,
It is safe to say that obj is not corrupt.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by Demdem(m): 8:30pm On May 05, 2015
Trailblazer1:

As a governor of one of the richest state in the country, no single project has been attributed to him as an achievement despite receiving billions in allocations throughout.

None for now because no investigation has been carried out yet.

3 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by Trailblazer1(m): 8:42pm On May 05, 2015
eazisky:

am I supposed to teach you the meaning of emperical fact or the difference between facts and fiction?

Anyways, even if you want me to teach you, I won't No be only 2trillion na 2 Zillion
You for get sense small if you had asked how much Buhari used for campaign

24 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 05, 2015
Lies

2 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by ChimaAdeoye: 9:11pm On May 05, 2015
Useless OBJ concubines.
So what happened to the $16 billion dollars meant for Independent power plants that suddenly disappeared? How did OBJ suddenly get almost N2 billion naira to build a library and even more funds to float his own private university? How did OBJ suddenly find billions of naira to transform Otta farms which was completely decrepit and bankrupt before he became President of Nigeria?

Yeye dey smell

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by Trailblazer1(m): 9:11pm On May 05, 2015
oduastates:
Obasanjo is definitely corrupt when univeral standards are used.
He did not directly dipped his hands in the treasury like jonathan ,Abacha,Babangida( the reason why he accumulated a $60 billion reserve)
Obasanjo's corruption was more of conflict of interest like giving patronage and collecting donations from people who want patronage from the government.
But based on what came before him and the record which Yaradua and jonathan have set ,
It is safe to say that obj is not corrupt.

Gospel according to Saint Oduastate on Saint Obasanjo

25 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by eazisky(m): 9:12pm On May 05, 2015
Trailblazer1:
am I supposed to teach you the meaning of emperical fact or the difference between facts and fiction?

Anyways, even if you want me to teach you, I won't No be only 2trillion na 2 Zillion
You for get sense small if you had asked how much Buhari used for campaign

Now if them ask u, u go say u don insult person for ur eye abi? na ur type them go abuse now, u go cry go report to seun like small pikin weh them beat from outside, just be warned

2 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by Trailblazer1(m): 9:14pm On May 05, 2015
ChimaAdeoye:
Useless OBJ concubines.
So what happened to the $16 billion dollars meant for Independent power plants that suddenly disappeared? How did OBJ suddenly get almost N2 billion naira to build a library and even more funds to float his own private university? How did OBJ suddenly find billions of naira to transform Otta farms which was completely decrepit and bankrupt before he became President of Nigeria?

Yeye dey smell
They are simply not emperical enough to incriminate saint Obasanjo according to Dr. Oby

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by Trailblazer1(m): 9:16pm On May 05, 2015
eazisky:

Now if them ask u, u go say u don insult person for ur eye abi? na ur type them go abuse now, u go cry go report to seun like small pikin weh them beat from outside, just be warned
Deal with it

2 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by luvinhubby(m): 10:01pm On May 05, 2015
eazisky:

Where is your "empirical" evidence to that?
cheesy
That a man was not caught red handed stealing does not mean he is not a thief when he is living well above his means. Obasanjo should point to Nigerians how he got the monies used to build his library & university.

6 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by eazisky(m): 10:05pm On May 05, 2015
luvinhubby:

Where is your "empirical" evidence to that?
cheesy

What emperical evidence do u need again after GEJ Confesed he spent over 2 trillion on 2015 election

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by Trailblazer1(m): 11:20pm On May 05, 2015
CC: Lalasticlala, Ishilove and mods on duty
Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by obailala(m): 12:43am On May 06, 2015
There was no way it (OBJ's regime) could have been more corrupt that the government of Abacha. I am sorry,”

How does the statement above translate in the brains of some people to mean "OBJ's government was not corrupt"?

Nigeria as a nation is just filled with educated illiterates.

1. Oby never denied that OBJ's government was corrupt. She agreed that the regime was corrupt and that steps were taken to fight the corruption; even though the fight wasnt successful

2. Oby never said OBJ was not corrupt. She only tactically refused to answer the question and that was common sense at work.

Sometimes I wonder the kind of education some of these journalists have for them to come up with such interpretations. I also wonder the kind of schools some Nigerians went to.

It is one thing to say a person's government is corrupt and it is another thing to say the person himself is corrupt. Common sense and diplomacy in speech entails that you do not answer certain questions directly in public especially when no competent law court has convicted him of corruption. Oby may have accused GEJ of administrative incompetence, irresponsibility and running a massively corrupt government. But I am yet to see where she openly accuses the man GEJ himself of being corrupt. The lady has a degree in diplomacy and wouldn't have attained her present heights if she spoke carelessly on international TV.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt by tit(f): 2:56am On May 06, 2015
ugly old woman

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saraki,Dogara,Emeka Ihedioha At Opening Of Young Parliamentarians Forum(pics) / Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town / Don’t Make English, Maths Compulsory For Students Seeking Admission – Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.