Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

How To Keep Thieves Out Of Your House – Burglars Advise - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Keep Thieves Out Of Your House – Burglars Advise (764 Views)

Thieves Stole My N12Million Cash, Saraki Says - Premium Times / PDP Congress:ladi Adebutu Leads Burglars To Invade Ogun PDP Secretariat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Keep Thieves Out Of Your House – Burglars Advise by Agimor(m): 9:08pm On May 05, 2015
Burglars and ex-burglars have sharedsome pretty surprising tips on how tokeep thieves out of your house.In a detailed discussion self-described burglars laughed at some of the standard ‘tricks’ people use to keep thieves out of their homes – such as leaving lights and TVs on or having a big, aggressive dog, etc.Below are best-rated tips for keeping thieves out of your home:
1) ‘Beware of dog’ and security alarm signs and stickers are completely worthless. I once broke into a house through a doggy door.
2) People think a large dog would be a good deterrent, but I generally avoided those annoying small yapping dogs that never
3) Don’t post on Facebook that you are not home and how long you will be out. Don’t post holiday photos until you are back home.
4) Put a nail through the window to seal it against burglars – otherwise they can easily be opened with a screwdriver.
5) If I do get in your house, don’t keep small valuables all about. I often did all my work of foot, and stole money, jewlery, small electronics, etc. Have a safe basically.
6) Lock your dead bolts. Can’t tell youhow easy it is to card a house with the dead bolt unlocked. Might as wellleave the door open.
7) Cameras – inside and out. I knew aguy who was caught because he walked by someone’s webcam inside their house and ended up on the news. Make the cameras visible.
cool Try not to have any stools or anything in the backyard. They make climbing through windows easier
9) Keep expensive stuff out of sight. Your extremely flatscreen tv should not be visible from the street. Your Macbook Pro shouldn’t be kept right in front of your 1st floor office window.10) Make friends with your neighborsso they know who should be at your house.Remember, your home is your castle!
Re: How To Keep Thieves Out Of Your House – Burglars Advise by Vello(m): 9:18pm On May 05, 2015
For whom is this advert relayed?
Re: How To Keep Thieves Out Of Your House – Burglars Advise by temitemi1(m): 9:22pm On May 05, 2015
@op, this ur formal business ehn grin grin grin. Thanks for the tips sha.
Re: How To Keep Thieves Out Of Your House – Burglars Advise by bigtt76(f): 9:23pm On May 05, 2015
Potential burglars grin

Vello:
Re: How To Keep Thieves Out Of Your House – Burglars Advise by Agimor(m): 9:34pm On May 05, 2015
temitemi1:
@op, this ur formal business ehn grin grin grin. Thanks for the tips sha.
Says who,I read it from a site and felt it would be useful.
Re: How To Keep Thieves Out Of Your House – Burglars Advise by xmich(m): 10:04pm On May 05, 2015
Vello:
For whom it may concern

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Woman Stabs Lover On The Buttock Because He Brought Another Woman Home / Alas, Truth Caught Up With "Nigeria Not Broke" By Okonjo-iweala / IN PICTURES: President Jonathan Inspects The Abuja Rail Mass Transit Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.