Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

2 INEC Staff Arrested In Abia With Card Readers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2 INEC Staff Arrested In Abia With Card Readers (692 Views)

Picture Of The Female INEC Staff Who Died In A Bike Accident In Benue / Photo: Inec Staff That Were Killed Today In Dukku Lga Gombe / INEC Okays Manual Accreditation Due To Issues With Card Reader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 INEC Staff Arrested In Abia With Card Readers by harmless011: 8:37am On May 06, 2015
By Anayo Okoli

UMUAHIA—A Head of Department at Abia State headquarters of Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, and another staff (names withheld) have been arrested by Zone 9 Police Headquarters, Umuahia, for allegedly being in illegal possession of seven card reading machines.

The two staff were said to have smuggled the card readers out of INEC office and were taking them to unknown destination when they were stopped at the commission’s gate.

Resident Electoral Commissioner in the State, Professor Selina Oko, confirmed the incident and expressed surprise that his staff could remove such sensitive material from the commission’s strong room without permission.

The REC explained that they were caught by the security at the commission’s headquarters on Monday evening as they were trying to drive out with the materials.

She said the AIG Zone 9, Usman Gwarri, sent his men to arrest the suspects, who she said were now under investigation by the police.

She said: “The police should conduct proper investigation and take the right action. I am in charge and they are taking things out without my permission.

“Even I, as the REC, do not take sensitive materials away from the office except it is demanded by my chairman in Abuja.”

The AIG Zone 9, Usman Gwarri, however, said it would be too early to conclude what they wanted to do with the card readers or to establish any case of crime until investigation was concluded.

Mr. Mike Chidi Ahiabike, All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, Head of Intelligence and Surveillance, said the party had been monitoring the INEC staff and security personnel since election results were declared.
He alleged that the suspects were working for a particular political party.

Source http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/2-inec-staff-arrested-in-abia-with-card-readers/
Re: 2 INEC Staff Arrested In Abia With Card Readers by Nobody: 8:39am On May 06, 2015
Na wa ooo

BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!
Re: 2 INEC Staff Arrested In Abia With Card Readers by harmless011: 8:45am On May 06, 2015
THIS IS THE CAMRY CAR WITH REG. NO AKD 702 CZ ARRESTED THIS MORNING LOADED WITH CARD READERS AND BALLOT PAPERS OF OBINGWA LGA.
THE PLAN WAS TO MOVE IT OUT OF INEC OFFICE UMUAHIA TO A SAFE PLACE WHERE THE RIGGING OF ABIA GUBERNATORIAL ELECTION WILL BE COVERED UP.
BUT THEY WERE STOPPED BY POLICE OFFICERS AND ARE CURRENTLY UNDER INTERROGATION IN ZONE 9.
THE ARRESTED INEC OFFICERS ARE ESTHER DAVID (INEC CONFIDENTIAL SECRETARY) AND MR EJIMOFOR (INEC IT OFFICER).

Re: 2 INEC Staff Arrested In Abia With Card Readers by harmless011: 8:46am On May 06, 2015
IN CONNECTION WITH THE ATTEMPT TO ILLEGALLY MOVE INEC SENSITIVE MATERIALS (CARD READERS, INCIDENT FORMS AND BALLOT PAPERS OF OBINGWA LGA) OUT OF INEC OFFICE TODAY IN UMUAHIA, MORE ARREST HAVE BEEN MADE :-
THE FOLLOWING INEC STAFF UMUAHIA HAVE BEEN ARRESTED -
1. ESTHER DAVID (UMUAHIA INEC CONFIDENTIAL SECRETARY)
2. ENGR. EJIOFOR HERBERT (HEAD OF DEPARTMENT I. C. T)
3. NNAMDI NWABUKO (I. C. T DEPARTMENT)
4. AMAUCHE EDI DIKE (I. C. T DEPARTMENT)
5. CHARLES MBA (I. C. T DEPARTMENT)
6. NKEM ICHITA (I. C. T DEPARTMENT)
THEY ARE BEEN CHARGED WITH ELECTORAL FRAUD RIGHT NOW IN ZONE 9 UMUAHIA.

(1) (Reply)

Absence Of Rivers Chief Judge Will Not Stall My Swearing-in — Wike / Gold Mining And Joint Venture / No Detention Of Suspects Beyond 48hrs - New IG (for Real Or Initial Gragra? )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.