Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Best 8 Ways To Identify A Scam Advert On OLX On The Spot - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Best 8 Ways To Identify A Scam Advert On OLX On The Spot (783 Views)

Please Help Me Is This A Scam? Urgent Please - / How To Re-activate A Rejected Ads On Olx / Saudi Man Divorces Wife On-the-spot Because She Held His Hands In Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best 8 Ways To Identify A Scam Advert On OLX On The Spot by consultancy: 4:37pm On May 06, 2015
Most times i see people who say OLX.COM is a site for thieves and scams. But the truth is that it is not. Our idle youths only utilise the liberal nature of the website to perpetrate all sorts of atrocities there. After hearin so many sad stories of people who made purchases from so called sellers on OLX and ended up being duped, i decided to do a detailed description of the best 8 ways to spot a scam advert and avoid it totally,thus reducing the number of people who fall victim to these scam sellers. Number (1) the fake seller bears a name with an initial like, "PASTOR",ALHAJI, MR, MRS etc. Number (2), the so called items are always brand new and never used. (3) the prices of the items are unreasonably lower than they naturally would cost in the market, (4) the photos of the items are internet downloaded photos and not the real photo of the item,even when there is a real photo it would just be one. (5) When you call the seller he tells you that the items are customs seized items and that he or she is a customs officer. (6) he tells you that their office is at apapa or at badagry. (7) the seller offers to deliver the item to you after you pay a transportation fee as initial deposite. (cool when you call the seller, he asks you where you are and when you tell him, he says he is in another town or city very far from yours, thus he offers to deliver to you after you pay rather than pay on delivery. I know there are a lot more ways to identify them, but these are the ones i have noticed severally. We could add more so people would be enlightened and stop falling for these cheap scams. thank you
Re: Best 8 Ways To Identify A Scam Advert On OLX On The Spot by mployer(m): 5:10pm On May 06, 2015
If the Price looks too good to be true on olx, It is actually too good to be true. Don't risk It.

(1) (Reply)

OMG!!! See What Prophet T.B. Joshua Was Cut Doing ladies / This Photo Reminds Me Of A Song We Sang Back In The Days / Who Remembers This Sweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.